Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Ambassador

Found 35 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,128 reviews

I enjoyed working with all my assonates !

I have been in the hotel business for over 67 years and the position at the Marriott Newport Beach was one of my very best experiences! I looked forward to going to work each day !

Can be fun to work there at times, but management lied about advancement

The W can be a fun place place to work, but you can be worked very hard at times. At times you might be the only bellhop there and there might be hundreds of bags to deal with. The tips were actually really good in the beginning but diminished after a while. At certain times of year you can actually make a lot of tip money, which is nice because base pay is minimum wage. When I was hired management assured me that I would have advancement opportunities, but when management was changed the kid I was training obtained the position I was promised. Overall not a bad place to work if you don't working extremely hard for perhaps very little tips and maybe never getting a promotion.

Pros

Good tips at certain times of year

Cons

minimum wage, little chance of advancement

Call Center work

It is a call center, so be prepared for that. If you enjoy that, this is a great place to work. I miss my position as an ambassador and assisting my guests plan work and leisure trips. Management was always supportive when setting and assisting in achieving goals you set together.

Pros

Supportive management, you know what is expected of you daily

Cons

Must live within 50 miles of a center to work remotely.

Back to back calls

No care for family or personal life you are disposable very rude customers on the phone your bathroom time is monitored and goes against you unless you love slave labor find another minimum wage job

Amazing colleagues and managers. Very good benefits and pay.

Amazing colleagues and managers. Very good benefits and pay. Opportunity to grow and learn. Great atmosphere. Enjoyable team builders. Overall great place to work!

Love Marriott!

I have been with Marriott Bonvoy International for 3 years. I absolutely love working in this company. Because of my medical condition of Epilepsy, they immediately told me they would allow me to work from home. They feared for me as I drove back and forth from home to work and vice versa. How fantastic are they?! They made sure I would be included in the Marriott family and made sure i was safe. I'm so proud to say I work for this wonderful company.

Pros

Caring, Inclusive, Ability to Progress, and Competitive Pay

Great company

High turnover rate I was let go on accusations of something I did not do and I was a very good employee according to management I was prompted twice so advancement is very possible

Co Workers were pleasant.

Co-worker pleasant to work with. Willing to assist when needed. Typical days most of all. Almost no leadership when working evenings and weekends. Some of the clients were pleasant to speak with.

Overall a wonderful work environment.

Overall a wonderful work environment full of wonderful people and good chances to move up un the company. Management is very nice while upholding the rules.

great job

I was the VIP Coordinators my duties were to put gifts and amenities in guest room as they arrive to hotel from other or department head of hotel great job.

Pros

great job

Cons

dont get paid enough for the work thats done

the guests are great at the Fairfield I work at . there are some issues with hiring ..they are in need of an inspired head of housekeeping! I like working there very much I do feel Im underpaid for everything I do,and all my responsibilities.

Providing excellent customer service

Meeting guests from all walks of life. Providing excellent customer service to ensure the guests needs. Providing excellent team work. Implementing the Marriott standards.

Pros

great enviroment to work

The best

I say because this company will provide the tools one needs to succeed in there job prescription. And more, its world known and option are always available.

Pros

Best experience

Cons

Work hard to acheive.

Great Work Environment

I work part-time at one of the Marriott's hotels and I enjoy the work environment. While my work is very fast paced and requires a lot of multi-tasking, I would recommend this job to someone willing to start out in the hospitality industry.

fun job for college kids

seasonal and good for college students management has room for improvement co workers can act very clique-ish and not accepting of new people free food in cafeteria

good team working

it is at the over night .i learned more about team working and management time .it is also good opportunity to know other cultures and people and how is the best way to have good reaction in different and difficult position

Pros

free lunch

Cons

over night and time

great work environment

allows learning and development of many skills many incentives encourage company loyalty opportunity to move up and change position in company

High productivity level

Guaranteed customer service Job Work/Life Balance Compensation/Benefits Job Security/Advancement Management Job Culture

Benefits

Cons

Complaints

Productive and fun place to work

It's a great job at first but you may need to stay within it for awhile if you really want a raise/promotion. You also need to be willing to stay several phone calls back to back and the repetitive use of a keyboard at a small workstation. As long as you follow the rules and policies, it is easy to progress through the company.

Pros

Discounts on hotels, attendance incentives, vacation pay

Cons

Colleagues/peers, high-demanding customers

Trendy hotel in the heart of Midtown Atlanta, GA

I learned the business side of the hospitality industry through hands-on management, while fulfilling my duties as a bartender in the hotel's restaurants. The business clientele at the Renaissance helped to further my understanding of many different industries through person-to-person contact.

Pros

flexible schedule, business clientele, heart of a major city

Cons

rapidly changing leadership

A typical day at work was mostly of the time busy with a lot of guests. rooms needed to be clean and fresh, short time given to complete a single room. fast peace work at the breakfast area but really challenging and that was my favorite part of the job.

Pros

potluck, compesations

Cons

healthcare

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Ambassador