Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Assistant

Found 53 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,123 reviews

There r Marroitt every where

I love working for this company Marroitt been there for 32 years would still be working if not for covid 19 and the hotel has close will be looking to work at another Marroitt soon

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

I’ll break was only 30 minutes

To start with I thought everything was good

There was no prospect of progressing forward in job role. If you were in with team you were in! Awful working hours. Disability equality was non existent.

Good and productive

Good and productive also they give a good experience . They respect their guest and they also consider the culture of athers .They provide a vareity of food

Pros

Own lunch

Cons

Normal

Accountability and Ownership

I love working for a company that cares about it's employees and all about profit. I'm a part time worker whos input is just as valuable as full-time, long term people. My input makes a difference. Whether you work from home or on site the company cares about you and your needs.

low production little work

Working for this company through a temp agency was not so much of a good experience. Work hours were given were short and very little pay. Maybe if I would have worked directly through the company, it may have been a better outcome.

Ok

Not bad but organisation and not nice atmosphere people were ok didn’t really show much interest in helping us learn and do useful things only cleaning

Best Company Ever

I was working for the Marriott Heathrow from 2017 to 2019 on Leisure Club, Housekeeping, Linen Porter Guest Request. I was sow happy till I get sick and I need to do the surgery. Now I'm fine I get back to normal and I will be very happy to work for Marriot Company Back if I get a change to Enrol.

Marriott Experiance

I enjoyed working in Marriott hotel as a conference assistant. My main responsibilities were preparing conference rooms, managing conference equipment, helping customers with all their wants and needs. I learned a lot about the conference structure, management, how to organise and plan conferences. Management team was truly amazing. The hotel opened almost one year ago before i joined it and that gave a lot of space to improve myself and improve my work place. The most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with customers. I am a people person there for i love interactions with customers and help them to have the best experience i can give.

Pros

Free lunch

Great opportunity

This was a very good opportunity could have been better at the upper management knew more and with able to teach more. As far as a company it's a great place to work.

Pros

Cons

Upper management

Not a good place to work

A lot of discrimination I have been working for the company for seven years.I was terminated due to my health condition, and I was coming to work late, and I still was doing my job. After I got terminated, I did not get any unemployment, and I was broke and almost homeless.And it is hard to get a position after you work hard after all these years because I am African- American.

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Discounts

Jobs at Marriott International, Inc.

Assistant positions
See more jobs

For only working for a week with no salary, i enjoyed the new environment as well as interacting with my new team and peers. it also showed me an aspect of the real world.

Pros

long breaks

Cons

no payment given

nice working and fun place

Good team work, Good leadership. good and fun working place. work life balance for all staff and canteen meal is given to all full timer and part timer

Nice

Nice company to work for. They treat you fairly and generally is a very positive environment. Going to work wasn't a chore, the facility is beautiful and well maintained.

Family oriented, great people to work with.

Working at the Ritz was a good experience. I miss my job. I learned more and more about resolving guest opportunities. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting many different people. Especially when families come to visit because I love kids. The culture at my job was various. I loved learning many different cultures.

Pros

Free food for employees

Cons

Driving to work was a little distance .

Nothing else like it

There is nothing like working at a hotel. People from all walks of life work there and stay there. Very interesting, challenging and fun. Certainly glad I had that experience.

great place to work

great place to intern, it was a huge environment steady pace kitchen. I stayed busy rolling/polishing silverware. team players, good food. I really miss interning there.

Pros

paid lunches

Cons

poor parking

I have gained a good experience in dealing with clients ... Ability to work under any pressure ... Collaborate with the team ... Manage the place well .... Make the client happy with the service we provide him

Pros

Cons

12 hours

Memphis airport

Lost contract with the airport due to politics. A lot of hard working people displaced because airport authority had a member in leadership that felt like HMS did not respect him due to his race. Wish he could have saw the big picture for all the little guys that he caused to lose a job.

easy workplace with good flexibility

great flexibility due to zero hour contracts, easy work place as it was mostly young people around 17 years old, minimal authority on shift due to large amounts of staff, can be physically demanding needing to do room turn around and set up but doable with others help

Pros

zero hour contract

Everyone is replaceable

Everyone is replaceable. Management cares less about the people that they manage. Can't get time off when you need, and management only cares about how many calls you take per hour.

Pros

Cons

everyone is replaceable

Productive and fun workplace

Company with inconsistent hours, however when the hours are high, the perfect job. Always an understanding manager who makes it easier to integrate into the team.

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Assistant
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?