Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Assistant Chef

Found 12 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,216 reviews

I wish I could have worked longer but I only word 2 days a week

I liked it but some times I feel unappreciated . Also thought that I would have make a good meal for the guest at the Marriott hotel. But I never asked could I make something

excellent kitchen experience

-experienced chefs and good kitchen training experience. -working alongside chefs in kitchen. -daily briefings and meetings to prep the team and follow line of work. -menu planning and discussions. -working under pressure especially during Christmas and New Year's.

Pros

Staff Meals, breaks

Cons

20hrs+ shifts

not recommendable

all a lot of work and low on staff, always under a lot of stress because poor management on the department. Managers give more work on top of what you have already. always doing jobs that were not part of my duties.

Pros

great benefits, great pay

Cons

poor management, always low on staff

Fun, Educational

i learned a lot from this company, management was very helpful to employees, there was training for every positions, very helpful environment, fun place to work

Pros

Food was good

Cons

It was a learning experience

I learned a lot from this. I use a lot of these skills still today even though I no longer work. I only left as I became a mom. Otherwise I would have loved to have stayed there.

Great hotel.

This hotel had not only great employees but excellent managers. It was always nice and beautiful the moment you walk into the front lobby with the bellmen ready to grab your luggages up the elevator, to your room. Then when you walk into the dining hall all you can smell is exquisite meals being prepared by the two chefs and cooks.

Pros

Great environment to stay the night on vacations.

Cons

No Cons

Professional place to work with the benefits to gain more experience.

I was able to work with the chef and executive chef with banquets, large parties, and concierge parties. I was given the responsibility to supervise the kitchen after the chef left and learned new recipes. The most enjoyable part of my day was cooking and taking care of our guests, tasting different types of cuisines, and working with my co-workers.

Pros

Learning something new everyday.

Cons

Too much down-time.

comfortable work space.

a typical day at work would be me getting in to work to prepare food..chopping slicing etc. watching and preparing desserts preparing seafoods preparing hot foods the hardest part of the job was when it gets really busy..but i liked a challenge i like to stay busy i don't like standing around not doing anything. the co-workers weren't very nice but that wasn't my focus..my focus was doing my job right. i learnt a lot of things..different ways to chop and slice got a look how to plate up the different dishes..and seeing how the pastry chefs do the desserts. the most enjoyable part of the job was learning from other chefs working at 4 and a half star restaurants.

Pros

learning new things

Cons

longs hours

Very fun and a great learning experience.

Learned a lot about the restaurant busy working for this company. Love the job, great benefits,nice hours and good pay.

Pros

Free lunch, worked mornings

fun and friendly place to work, with busy cliental during the peek

This job has given me handsome experience and skill in customer handling and delivering of orders on a faster rate to reach the standards. learned people skill to manage the crew in assigning works in the right manner, and also position them as per the capabilities and training them by understanding the weak points and training them on it.

great family orientated enviorment to work

in at five a.m. out at nine p.m. outstanding service for guest staying at the hotel. great benefiets. nice quality control of food

Very Busy workplace

I would go in after class, and just attach myself to one of the 5 chefs that were there. he/she would tell me where to go and what to do for that day and the next day. I would go from making a fruit and cheese platter for 500 + people, to cooking sirloin steak for 40 people. It was very hard to keep up with the management because noone knew what they were doing, or what parties were going where. My co-workers were very high-strung and were never stress free.The hardest part of the job was keeping up with all the parties and what had to go out and where.The enjoyable parts was when there was only a few parties that day that the chefs would teach me a new way how to cook, or how to make a new sauce.

Pros

free food

Cons

management seemed clueless

10.4K
6.4K
3.4K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Assistant Chef