Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Assistant Front Office Manager

Found 35 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,123 reviews

Great Hotel

This is one of the best properties to work at. Everyone has a great day and works hard here. Management team here is one of the best teams I have ever worked for!

Pros

Team

Awesome

If I have a chance to work there again, I would do that without having to think about it. Rooms Division Manager very professional and always there to support line managers

Pros

Free staff transport, staff meal

Cons

Fair working hours

GoodPlace toWork Good management Flexible schedule Caring for their guestGreat customer service Can learn different areas of hotel and transfer

Pros

Free lunch

Benefits

“I love that I have a great degree of control and freedom within my job. I work full-time on a flexible schedule, both in and out-of-office, and my boss trusts me to produce high-quality work and results. I work hard to maintain that level of trust, which keeps me engaged and excited — but at the same time, I love that my job enables me to love and enjoy my other passions in life,”

awesome

Managed same day selling procedure to maximize and achieve highest room revenue and occupancy in fourth quarter of 2019.  Create Monthly plans to keep room revenue in budget while monitoring fiscal performance.  Secured #1 out of all Marriott managed hotels in Florida by boosting Guest Satisfaction Scores.  Ensuring compliance with Marriott Standards while managing staffing to business needs.

Sink or Swim

Working at my particular Marriott has been a great experience. It currently still is my current place of work. I enjoy the fact that I am given the tools I need to succeed and the freedom to make decisions in order to take care of the guests!

Great

Enjoyed my time and had success shared with employees and customers on a daily basis. Built and fostered relationships to promote success for all individuals included.

Lovely company to work with

very organised . they care about staff . management is always ready to help. team and my direct manager are lovely and work as team . i am always recommenced Marriott to anyone

Love Marriott Culture

Everyday is different here at Marriott International. That is what makes it fun to be here. You meet interesting people and are empowered to take care of the guest at the time instead of saying the manager will be here

Not supportive

This company was very stressful and there was no support from management. The General Manager was not active with his staff and would not speak or acknowledge his staff.

Pros

free lunch, discounts

Beautiful Hotel with great employees worked as Manager of Duty/ Asst Front office Manager

I enjoyed the social interaction with people. I loved having the opportunity to solve issues ( Not Problems). The culture of the workplace was focused on the guests, The management empowered the employees to make the right decisions for our guests to make sure they had a problem free stay. I was responsible as the Night Manager on Duty for the welfare of the hotel the guests and its employees.

Pros

Awesome lunch program, Healthcare, Hotel Discounts, great atmosphere

Cons

very long hours

Fast paced productive workplace

Must have tough skin to deal with rude guest 100% of the time. Even when a guest is wrong and may treat you badly, chances are upper management will comp their stay, meal etc. to keep hotel scores up. Work and life balance can be difficult, I would not recommend this job if you have young children. Hours consist of nights ex. 2-11: 30 PM maybe later hours due to call offs or short staff, no weekends unless you randomly are scheduled off or request months in advance for it; this position can be stressful.

Pros

Meeting great people/being a leader to an awesome team

Cons

Terrible work and life balance

Great experience

Working at a Hotel i have to say it was an awesome experience..happy place and great environment. Meeting new people by the minute . Great Benefits, i wouldn't have left if my daughter at the time wasn't so small.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

to many hours

Competetive workplace with lots of opoortunity for those who work hard

Lots of opportunity for advancement. It is a competitive work environment but if you work hard, they recognize it. Management gives lots of recognition to associates in every department.

the most enjoyable part of your job

dealing with day to day guest and really seeing how much they are enjoying the product that you put out. There is a certain enjoyment that you get from seeing a plan that you created implemented and it succeeding.

Pros

guest service experience

Cons

advancment

Assistant Front Office Manager

Management was very involved and training was given regularly to achieve the combined goals of running the business smoothly. I managed all the operation of Front office on a daily basis.

Pros

Benifits

Cons

To corporate and did not enjoy not having the opportunity to inter act with guest

best job

Fantastic place to work all very supportive and open. great benefits with Marriott in general and good open door policy. good progression movements and food.

Good

Fun place to work great hotel. too many people to stick out as a hero more like being a cog in a machine but you can make a difference and it exposes you to a new culture and attitude

Pros

location

Cons

Fun fast pace hotel grand opening

Great learning experience opening a hotel from pre open, to open to operations. I learned a lot about the entire hotel opening process and gained great experience for my future career in the hotel business

Learning workplace

It is a good hotel to start a hotel career path. You will learn more about hotel operations because they have a good work structure. Growth opportunities are available as well if you work hard.

Pros

Reasonable weekly off days

Cons

Long working hours

Employee Centric

The Company is very employee centric and supports the employees in the best way possible. It Has various Learning and development programs which enable its employees to strengthen them selves and develop as professionals.

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Assistant Front Office Manager