Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Assistant General Manager

Found 108 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,123 reviews

Great place to work.

Great company to work for know matter what brand. A typical day was getting to work, getting set up for the daily business. I learned how to manage different teams in each hotel that I worked. I also a lot about the financial end of the business.

Pros

Able to travel and stay in other brands at an employee rate. Benefits were good.

Cons

Pay could've been better

I probably shouldn't have left.

I loved my time with Marriott. I promoted rapidly and quite higher than expected. I liked my co-workers both under and above me. I enjoyed meeting our guests and handling any issues that arose.Some days I really regret leaving.

Pros

I promoted quite high very quickly. I liked the employee discount.

Cons

Working weekends and holidays.

Bad General Management. No accountability

There is no accountability for the General Managers. They seem to walk on a cloud. The culture is good, but based on the General Manager. No work/life balance.

Pros

Room Discounts

Cons

No Accountability

Productive and always fun

Honestly speaking, my experience has been wonderful. I have learned so much from my General Manager, co-workers, and peer. I have also enjoyed the training, learning, and the ability to test all that I have learned.

Great Place to Work

Best place to work, always learning new things and they give you the opportunity to grow. So many brands to learn and able to transfer anywhere. Marriott knows how to take care of their employees.

Pros

Great Company

vey profit oriented

They were ok to me but they fired my boss after only 3 months on the job with no notice. This and the fact that they had constant turnover due to low wages told me this was not a great fit.

Good Company Overall

Overall a good company, can be extremely stressful as staffing levels are so low. Friendly associates are what make this company great. Overall I would recommend this company.

Good company

Been with the company for about 8 years. Its a great company to work for the benefits are great . I have moved up to management which is great, however depending on the brand or the location work life balance can be tricky and can really way on you. If hospitality is not your passion then management on the property level is not for you to make a career out of.

Amazing team of professionals and brilliant business culture

Working in Marriott as a part of professional team was one of the most valuable experiences in my career. I wish everybody to have such a chance in the beginning of professional path.

No one at the top looks like me

There are no blacks working in regional management. None. Marriott prides themselves on being the most diverse company amongst other Fortune 500 companies and they are, only for hiring lower level positions. Cleaning rooms and repairing and upkeep but as for growth into regional positions, they won’t even blink and consider you if you don’t look like “them”.

Great place to work. Marriott provides the opportunity to deliver customer service to all guests. If you enjoy working with people, making new connections and making people happy, this is the job for you.

Pros

Hotel discounts

Cons

Work life balance

Excellent mentor

My general manager was simply amazing - she provided a warm family solid culture, her expectations of the department heads were high but it only made us succeed and expand my growth even further.

Pros

Transfer opportunity

Very productive

I loved working with the company. The management was awesome. I’ve learned a lot working onsite Nd off site. The management taught me a lot bout the different departments.

Pros

Happy environment

Cons

Healthcare

Stick with it

They don't train they condition you for a lifetime with the company. The Classes seem relentless but they are worth it. Dont give up, the information will make interactions go smoothly.

Pros

Endless growth

Cons

Hotels dont close

The General Manager was horrible at making sure the AGM is trained. She also did not work nights or weekends. She also did not like to be bothered by the other employees when she was not there!! VERY BAD!!

Great Place to work

Small Management Company but the people are very close. I enjoyed my time there. The hotel has been renovated and is in a great location for employees to reach as well as guests. Has great security within and contracted.

Pros

Cons

Room for growth within the company

Wonderful mission driven company

Marriott offers wonderful training and advancement opportunities for employees of corporate. For franchises rules are a little looser but still a great company.

Fast Paced, Stressful but get what you put into it

A stressful but fast-paced job. Plenty of opportunity if you seek it. An ultimate 'take out what you put into it' type of work. An enjoyable opportunity.

Marriott

Marriott is not the biggest hotelier in the world. If hospitality is something that someone is seeking then everyone should at least look into Marriott.

I've never worked for Marriot

I never worked for the Marriot company. I worked for a company that leased out the casino area. It was Cannery Casino resorts. I don't really know of their core values, I only knew of ours. We worked well together, however their costs were a little high.

great company

great company, great benefits, they stay on top of their hotels so most are in great shape, and when traveling with your discount you can be assured that you will stay in a nice hotel.

Pros

strong

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Assistant General Manager