Marriott International, Inc. logo
Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Associate

Found 121 reviews matching the searchSee all 21,984 reviews

Well balanced lifestyle and family environment, definitely a great property to grow into leadership and enjoy a well balanced work\personal lifestyle

Pros

dedicated staff and leadership team

Cons

N/a

This is a terrible place to work

The management is terrible nobody is willing to help when you need it, you’re literally on your own. I feel like this is a good company but this is a terrible location where it’s impossible to succeed or advance. Things change constantly with no warning or support. Not even management can keep up with the changes. The customers are very angry and hard to deal with because they have been wronged by this company. Upper management pretends to care but nothing changes. I would recommend steering clear of my place Canada.

Pros

Absolutely nothing except the hotel discount

Cons

Everything about this opportunity is terrible

It's hospitality and we all know the drill

I thought working for Marriott would be an awesome experience but left me feeling really disappointed. I think it was more of the way this location was managed, the owner and the stakeholders.All workers were lovely people, hard-working and always ready to follow procedures. It's not an easy job working for a hotel, tough shifts (too early or too late), fast paced environment and sometimes you need to be ready to roll your sleeves and do other job's persons. I learned a lot, i had support from HR and manager all the time and training whenever I need it. That's a good thing about worldwide companies like Marriott, they can train you and offer you progression. I left because of many reasons, like the shifts, theres no balance because you need to start at 5.30am or start late and finish at 11pm, so you ended up feeling tired all the time. Also, I was alone during my whole shift in the Leisure Club, where you need at least another person to watch the reception when you are doing other things. I had to push heavy full trolleys with wet towels through an old structure inside the hotel. There was no safety during my job, i was handeling chemicals and lifting heavy things all the time. Cleaning even vomit or any other disgusting things that guests were doing inside the changing rooms (you could never imagined). Security never helped or made themselves helpful when some guests were acting abusive and aggressive.

Pros

Canteen, trainings, progression, you can request to work at any Marriott in the world.

Cons

No balance between life and work, minimum wage, no work safety

Long hours - no staff

Very long hours and no staff, especially when COVID hit. Difficult to hire staff due to the low pay. Required to work in various departments. Was great when there were people there but even pre-COVID, it was hard to retain good talent. Company culture has changed a lot. Benefits are ok if you can afford them.

Pros

Employees are great

Cons

Hiring staff is difficult

Great Experience

That was a great experience to work with Marriott, so many training programs they will conduct through that we can improve our knowledge and skills, we have take more responsibility.

Family

Due to Covid I had my position dissolved when we restructured. That said I love my center in Solon Ohio and would go back any day they need me. Such a family to belong to!

Pros

PTO and very understanding managers

Cons

Maybe pay

Great place to work great people

Great place to work great people wouldn’t mind going back this was one of the best places I worked work in your own pace working times were really good management is excellent sadly had to leave due to covid 19

Nothing. Poor management

Your words don't mean nothing. Slavery, for the pay. Rude HR team and does not care about your unethical rude experience from untrained core mgrs. All they care about is average call volume and there monthly bonuses. Don't care about the facts or concerns of the guest reasons for calling. ACV should not base on your amount of monthly bonus at all.Don't even waste your time reporting anything to corporate. Its just a big waste of your time.No one cares or responded.The so call guarantee fair treatment act line is fake. No follow up or any response to your GFTs at all.Save your breathe and inner spirit. Just search for more well paying career and move on.Your efforts and strong work ethics putted in, don't count at all. Avoid this company call centers. Save yourself the wasted time of your life.Don't settle for less, if you know for a fact, you deserve the best.

Pros

Nope, you provide your own lunch. 30 mins only depends on your amount of hours worked.

Cons

15minutes break if worked over 4hrs.

Great place

Sad that the center is closing. It was an awesome experience. Due to COVID 19 the center is going to permanently close. Best job the I have ever had.

Pros

Family atmosphere

Cons

Sometimes systems didn’t work

Stress filled work environment

People cry at their desks every day. Marriott does not live up to the business model they present. Management is disappointing. Nice to talk to guests.

Jobs at Marriott International, Inc.

Associate positions
See more jobs

Very nice place, good food, great managers

We work with guests, and they sometimes are hard with their complaints but in general, its been a great experience for me to take part of this team. Very trustful organization.

Pros

time managing and very trustful with the team.

Cons

the actual situation.

seeking for job change

I have experience the good environment in the Marriott International. And i have learn new thing"s every single day with my colleagues, which is most important for my futures.

fast paced

This was a part time job and was perfect for me as a student I got to pick when I wanted to work and was able to schedule my self around lectures, assignments and exams

Work like a horse and survive on only milk and old pasta for your lunch brake.

Unless you wore a suit you were treated like dirty on the bottom of the shoes of those that did wear suits. C&B=Long hours, no finish time, shifts back to back, often no food on your break, extremely dangerous expectations on staff to move heavy furniture and equipment, managers that could not organise a p*ss up in a brewery. The only good thing about the job was the unbreakable bond of the team forged through16 hour shifts and being deliriously underfed.

Family-friendly hotel, very unique compared to other Marriott hotels.

My Bistro shift from beginning to end was such a great experience everyday. Each day was different in an amazing way interacting with different guests and fulfilling their needs. Some guests would stay for a weeks time and they started to feel like family when they would come down each morning for their usual coffee. I learned how to multi-task making coffee and heating up pastries efficiently. Everything was very face-paced which I am passionate about. I enjoyed working with all my employees and learning different techniques to become a better worker. All the required tasks needed to be done were out of my comfort zone, but I was able to learn quickly and apply my knowledge to get through my shifts. The best part working at this hotel was that it is located right next to Disneyland, so the work environment was warm and welcoming. Being able to see satisfied guests with a bright smile on their face at 6:00 a.m. makes me feel like I am not even at work. Employees and guests felt like family from the first day I started.

I really enjoy to work with Marriott team

I learn my skill and knowledge from the Marriott, the managers and supervisor are care with our mind they all are allowed to be 100 % freedom and enjoying all every moments

Blessed Environment

what you deliver determines what you get. A good environment to learn and grow provided you have a the support of your supervisor. Great Leadership. Many roles to experience if opportunities arises.

Productive and Fun

Throughout my experience a typical day at work are busy and slow some time but is consistent. I learned a lot in my experience in food and beverage. Management are good and helpful.The culture is mixed and we all get on well. The hardest part of the job is to set up for party events and heavy lifting. The most enjoyable part of the jobs is always working with a great team and the atmosphere from Christmas Parties, banquet, and conferencing.

Human Resources looks out for the company

Management needs a course on how to treat employees with respect . Human resource too. Marriott hotels are a great place to work but when you put incompetent people in charge you get a ticking time bomb. Work at the San Juan Marriott in Puerto Rico.

A Culture of Fun

The company has a very fun, meaningful and worthwhile experience when I was working there. For a first job, it was a great experience and looking forward to work with them again in the future.

It's always my favorite place to work since my beginning of my career

It's a nice place to work 😊 all colleuges ND management is so supportive towards staff we can handle lots of pressure with enjoyment. I like the policy of Marriott. "Take care of associate they will take care of customers." Always put people first.

10.3K
6.3K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Associate