Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Attendant

Found 127 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,123 reviews

Very fun place to work in

They offer opportunities to grow in the company as well as pay raise depending on how well you perform. You get to meet different people from different places.

Pros

Free lunch, health benefits, 401k, fun environment plus more

Welcoming Workplace

The workplace culture is very welcoming. As an employee, I appreciate the company's genuine understanding of good customer service. My typical day at work begins very early in the morning with a steady stream of hard work until the late afternoon. However, the guests make everything worthwhile and I appreciate the support from my fellow coworkers and management. The hardest part of the job is the physical demand because it is a fast-paced environment, but I felt energized and accomplished in the end because of the team I work with.

Pros

Good pay, great benefits, wonderful team

Cons

Fast-paced work environment, early work schedule 7 days a week

Production and fun environment. Great managers and great perks!

Marriott is a great company to work for. The pay is not the best at the smaller locations, but there is lots of growth abs opportunities for everyone. Life work balance is demonstrated through flexible work scheduling and lots of work family oriented activities, including holiday events, and acknowledgment picnics.

Lack of career growth

I work in Grosvenor house dubai marina as a uniform attendant. And as a old employee the benefits they give is not fair. So much stressfull to the point that our salary is not fair for. 1000 dirhams salary plus all around work.

A good place to work, can move up if possible

I was satisfied working with the company a very good place to work and there is always different types of positions available to us associate I work with this company for 30 years

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Health care

Very 50/50

I worked at the market place in Grande lakes and it wasn’t the best, first off the management doesn’t mind renewing dates of product that expired like 2 weeks ago. They are not about the guest, for example there was no ground coffee and I was told to tell them to go all the way to the main JW building to get drip coffee. One of the chefs there worked with his masked down especially during busy times and would constantly split in all the sinks constantly when we would have to clean them all by the end of the day and when food was made by him for me I constantly found hairs in my food. It was not a great experience and sad part of it all is they swear they are humble when the management themself talk bad about other co workers and that was a deal breaker for me I don’t recommend that market place at Lakeshore I’m not just saying that either. If you want to be at Marriott apply anywhere else I guarantee it’s better.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Extremely slow, toxic management

Fast paced, understaffed, good pay

I learned a lot of skills working at the bistro within the Marriott. On a normal day in the morning, we would make many pots of coffee, set up the entire dining area and bistro area, prepare and cut fruit and yogurt cups, and much more. Oh, did I mention this was sometimes a job you had to do all by yourself? Yeah that’s where the difficult part comes in. This job can get crazy enough with 2 people, but sometimes we would be scheduled alone either due to staffing or budget issues and this would give me extreme anxiety. Imagine walking into any restaurant, you have a host, a waiter, a cook, a bus boy, and a dishwasher. Now imagine all of that by yourself for 6 hours during a dinner rush. Yeah not fun. In addition, the scheduling was absolutely atrocious due to staff shortages. Not only did we have solo shifts, but we also had people call out last minute, back to back shifts every single week, doubles, and it changed every single week. But like I said, this job taught me a lot of what I was capable of. Having Marriott on my resume will be a good look for the future and sometimes the pay was really good, it granted me the ability to move out for the first time. And the best part was the people I worked with, I never thought I’d find such camaraderie at a work place, but everyone was like a big family. Unfortunately my job got cut due to covid and was officially let go 2 weeks ago, so I thought I’d review it. Wasn’t the worst job, certainly not the best, but it paid the bills and taught me a lot about the food industry as a whole. Cheers!

Pros

Free meal, good pay, great people

Cons

Staff shortage, solo shifts, crazy schedule, low work life balance

Fun place to work. Stressful at times. Comfortable environment.

My establishment was not originally an Courtyard to there were a lot of extra steps that had to be taken when running the business but the management got it down to a science. The hotel became one of the top spots to stay in Abilene and even in Texas. Very nice team of coworkers and customers. Catering was a big hit for the hotel as well.

Just what I needed.

Employees are 2nd rate. My motto is: Treat your employees as good as you treat your guest/customers, and you won’t have to sweat the audits nor the incoming reviews.

Pros

It’s exactly what I needed.

Cons

Wasn’t what I expected when management kept changing.

Gourmet Coffee Attendant

Lot of favoritism, annoyingly early. A few nice coworkers but because of the stressful environment, a lot of them were mean. Guests are awful. I felt like I was walking on eggshells my entire time here and coworkers talked about me behind my back. I would say only work here for benefits and to get paid. This company does not care about you and will always put the needs of guests above all else.

Jobs at Marriott International, Inc.

Attendant positions
See more jobs

Not a bad job. Just not well managed

It was very fun and it was a pleasure working there. The management could’ve been a bit better and more respectful. Could’ve been managed in a much better fashion

Productive and fun workplace with many employee benifits, even for part-time employees

As an exhibit attendant for ICE at the Gaylord Texan, I organized, and distributed the jackets to the customers, and supervised the ice slide. Most of my day consisted of sorting the jackets by size and handing them out to people before they go into the actual ice tent. I learned from this job to be more assertive with people, as many people feel that the rules do not apply to them, I also learned to become more authoritative as I was put in many positions where I had to tell people what to do while by myself. the most enjoyable part of working here was being treated so well by the company. We got many paid lunches on days we were extremely busy, and our managers would take time and money of their own to help make our works days easier, and they did this by providing snacks and drinks to keep us going throughout the day or by including us in raffles to keep our work ethic going.

poor management and communication

This hotel was a good place to work at first especially being in the heart of Nashville. Nice working environment. However, other than the distance being an issue for me it was really just poor management. They are very nice to your face but then talk about you behind your back to other co-workers. Lastly, they hardly ever relieved me for lunchbreaks which made it more stressful.

Worst place to work

Very poor management. Lots of favoritism and lack of sufficient pay for employees. Hours are reduced certain months. The time they give you to work is not the time you are finished.

Pros

Free food

Cons

No breaks, very low pay, no raises

The best work environment i have ever exprience

I enjoy working and traveling the world..so being in hospitality allows me to do so.Working for the Marriot provides the ability for me to do both.I couldn't ask for a better company to be apart of.

N/a

cleaning all assigned guestrooms including dusting, making beds, soiled linen removal from rooms, and retrieval of clean linen from linen closets, vacuuming, bathroom cleaning, inside window cleaning, replenish room with supplies. Maintain proper usage of cleaning supplies and equipment. Follow departmental policies and procedures and services standards. Report necessary maintenance items, and follow all safety and sanitation policies.

and turn the ballroom

set-up ballrooms,serve, bartend would come in sometimes turn the ballroom then bartend.set rooms from 50 to 500 .very deptments loved to wok together.they didn'twant me to leave.

Pros

ree lunch games for empoyees, did work around the area

Cons

hated to leave.making sure all the guest had al

Stressful

When you don’t have the right Management running a hotel, things go wrong. Do know there is no Union. There let you go for the color of your shoes and H.R doesn’t work for you. Only thing that I love bout this job was meeting different people. Georgia laws are very different.

Pros

Discount on rooms

Cons

Great place to work and meet new people

I loved working here every year around Christmas time and I plan to keep doing it too.I have meet amazing people such as my fellow coworkers and supervisor.

I have minimal complaint

I have worked at several Marriott properties- corporate is the way to go. My job is a lot of work and is not for everyone, but if you like working alone and having minimal interaction with bosses etc, this is the perfect job.

Fun good team work

I really enjoyed working at the Marriott. Mrs.jackie was the best house keeping manager I have ever had! I hate that I relocated because I havent found a job that good since.

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Attendant
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?