Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Banquet Cook

Found 83 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,128 reviews

great place to work

raw i'm gonna give it to ya with no trivia, raw like cocaine straight from Bolivia, my hip hop will rock and shock the nation like the emaciation proclamation, weak MC's approach their slang is dead, might as well run up to the wall and bang your head...

I Love working here

It is a great company to work for they appreciate hard and dedicated workers they have great benefits and discounts , everyone here is friendly and treats each other with respect.

Cons

No work security or work respect or communication

Pandemic has weighed everybody in the banquet department off we have never been compensated for anything since the pandemic and we basically would never help with jobs or anything to help our license dependent we were just totally laid off and never talked to again

very good job culture,great job

great place to work ,very good gm JB is one of a kind ,his operating system is very unique, he really know how to run a smooth ship, he is a great listener to details.

Pros

great place to work

Cons

none really

great company but sometimes mismanaged

you are able to grow and make the most of your life goals at this company. But sometimes times your manager dosent want you to progress any other way than the way they want you too. Weather it be fast and easy or slow and hard.

Pros

opportunities to do anything

Cons

Bad management

Poor

Need new HR management she is very one sided and like favoritisms don’t really listen to the whole story. Don’t. Care to the employee.no future in the the promotion is very hard to come buy.

Loved cooking and customer interaction

I enjoyed switching from pastry to savory. Interacting with guests was always enjoyable. Hospitality was always top of the list for me. The management at Marriott lacked for me. No real instruction or definition and not organization.

Bad management

The pay is decent but the management is just awful, the chef is childish and disrespectful it's one of the places it's not what you know but who you know and is your are willing to allow management to make you feel worthless and unimportant. I don't recommend this job unless you are already in therapy because you will need it when it's all said and done

Become greater

I have great motivation and gain lots of knowledge and experienced. Improved my management skills and team spirit, team work with fun environment to work.

Assistance Sous Chef

Good company to work for, great benefits, loved my executive chef. Hotel discounts were good for the most part when they were available or you had time off

Pros

Company Benefits

Cons

Lack of structure and communication between management team

There were a lot of Old-Timers, who are sometimes hard to work with.

The company is very big on excellent customer service. The company is well known for promoting employees throughout the company. The company offers a great benefits package to their associates.

The best Employer

Marriott's core values. Take good care of your employees and the employees will do the same to the guests. The business of Marriott is all about good service. That is why we Always do things with passion. "Make it Brilliant" "Creating personal connections" that is our mantra. Not only for the guest to feel at home but also a good way to establish a friendly relationship towards fellow employee

w hotel is a bad hotel to work for

marriott isn't a bad company to work for its just this hotel and the executive committee. the leadership doesn't care about fostering a team work environment or creating a support system for middle management to grow and advance.

Pros

Cons

executive management

Great place

Great company changed my life . I look forward to coming back soon I met a lot of good people and developed great relationships gained a lot of skills as well as life experiences

not a good place to work in the kitchen

This is a terrible place to work. If you want to be abused for working hard this is a place for you. They treat the lazy nonfood safety workers like gold and the hard working trained staff lousy

Pros

none really after the executive chef quit

Cons

everything

the entire building is under renovation

as a executive banquet chef most of the time i do all the cooking and prepping with the help of one line chef, nothing much to learned there is no room for advancement

Very slow, dirty unorganized place to work

This place is horrible. Management is always shorting your check and their only solution is to wait to the following pay period. The equipment is outdated, and the kitchen is super dirty with expired food.

Good staff to work with

A varied hotel for guest usage. multiple restaurant outlets, German, Asian and an all day dining buffet restaurant. Large banqueting operation, large wedding volume at high standards.

Pros

Good Staff appreciation

Passionate Talent, eagerness to grow

Marriot as a company is a great well managed employer. I especially enjoyed working for the Ritz Carlton. However working for the W hotel brand has left a bad taste in my mouth, with an overall lack of passion from the union talent and a weak executive committee the hotel left much potential to be desired.

Pros

The Ritz Carlton

Cons

W Hotels

ok

the food was very good and the service was quick as we needed to make it to the theater. We went with appetizers and salad that were delicious and plenty of food. Our waiter was very nice and accommodating but forgot a few things which is disappointing at this level of restaurant. We asked for oil with the bread and it never got to the table. We looked for the waiter but were in a back room and did not see him to remind him for the oil so went without.

benefits

Cons

not good balance of work and life

Worked for the company for many many years.

Been forking for the company for many years. over 10 years. love the company and its culture. they take care of their employees. Training is in continues motion, none stop.

Pros

one of the best companies I ever worked for.

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Banquet Cook