Marriott International, Inc. logo
Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Banquet Manager

Found 77 reviews matching the searchSee all 21,984 reviews

All in all a great brand to work with. They have franchised properties as well.

Its a great brand to work for. It has more that 7000 properties across the globe. But the thing with that is some are franchised properties and the management can differ from hotel to hotel. Some of them I worked for were great, others not the best. But, there's a lot of departments you can work in so, there's not a shortage of work other than because of covid.

Pros

Employee Discount, Brand Recognition

Cons

Different Management everywhere.

Empowerment and Training

Marriott was big on associate empowerment in order to take care of the guest. They also provided professional development opportunities which is beneficial for new employees on the Marrriott Way

Pros

Training

Cons

No Set Schedule

Great place to work!

Great staff! Leaders and owners. Opportunities to move up the rank and always something new to learn. There is reward in having happy customers. Put people first!

Cons

Holiday work

Fast paced fun work environment with little work life balance

Overall Marriott is a good place to work. There isn't much of a work life balance if you are in management but I think that is the case for most hospitality jobs. There is plenty of room for advancement especially if you are willing to relocate. They match 401k and offer decent benefits. I feel like most management is underpaid based on the amount of hours you work but they do have a nice culture.

Pros

Free lunch, 401k matching, benefits

Cons

No work life balance

growth

Amazing company to work for. Unfortunately it was affected by covid and working for hospitality won't be the same. The core values are amazing.You take care of the guest, they take care of you.

Benefits

Cons

Non consistent hours

Great management and family environment.

I worked in various management positions ranging from operations to sales and thoroughly enjoyed my time working for Marriott. The support from my managers was invaluable. I was always asked about my career goals and encouraged on a daily basis. The workload was heavy most of the time, but that is to be expected on the operations side of the hospitality industry.

Pros

Vacation time, health benefits, employee hotel discounts, family environment

Cons

Long work days, as a manager expected to be on call.

Poor organization 0 opportunities to grow They hired people with 0 experience And that makes the job worse Because the pay is not good enough the have to hire the first person who applies And everything is about who is your friend

Benefits and Location

Benefits is good there but pay a lot of money to have the insurance. So people working by hourly cannot pay the insurance. Marriott is everywhere so convenient for everybody.

strong foundation, opportunity , structure , brand loyalty

Marriott is a great company to work for , they have a great verity of brand to satisfied all guest needs , they are structure , customer service oriented and great opportunity for growth .

It’s good

The good about this company is that I have been working here for so long that I get to choose my hours in the mornings and I’m able to easily work here.

Jobs at Marriott International, Inc.

Banquet Manager positions
See more jobs

Great Team

I woked at Austin Marriott North. It was a very interesting experience. It was my first time ever not working in Banquets or Restaurants. I was a front desk supervisor. They really gave me an opportunity to really learn and test my ability to manage a team and still maintain exception guest service. It was a very humbling experience and it gave me new respect for what the front of house does. I moved from that position to an Assistant Banquet Manager position, which I was far more in my element. The hotel was very understanding that I was always wanting to move to the banquet team and when the opportunity arose, they really supported me.

Productive and great place to work in

This company cares about its associates. They value their hard work. If you get a chance to work for a Marriott take it and you will see what a company that cares about you should be like.

Great company

Great company to work for. Ready for a more challenging position. Great benefits. Always room to grow within the company. Great leadership program. Great work life balance.

Just ok

It was ok but hire the wrong people to manage and they show favoritism. I had to report them to equal employment opportunity. I loved it in the beginning.

Just another big hotel corporation .

Just another big corporation thats only concerned about the numbers. Employees are nothing more then away to achieve the numbers. The only time they act concern about anything is when they think they are going to be sued. I have spent almost 40 years in the hotel business and regardless if its Hilton or Marriott or what ever ,the attitude and mentality is the same. I would never advise my children to ever work for such a heartless and stressful environment in the hotel business.

Pros

Free lunch, good benefits, 401k

Cons

Long hours, no set schedules, lots of stress, No balance with life and work.

Fun to work there

All was good manger hr friendly place to work and good benefits and good hotels location focus in training but thy need to fix transportation to make sure staff having no challenge

Pros

Free food

Cons

Long hour to work

Cultural Bias

Do not expect advancement or fair treatment if your are a minority. I have worked here for years, and have been in the same positions as when I started. I have watched numerous managers come and go like a revolving door.

best company to work

this is the company who put people first truely. spend my five long beautiful year with this company where i have grown from lower management to top management level

Great for Advancement/ Work you to death

No structure in management Little help in departments from upper management Crazy hours No time off for personal health and appointment, even with advance notice

Pros

Hotel Discount

Cons

Stressful and overworked

Great benefits for your family

Fast paced daily, They offer the best training for hotel management. Some favoritism among a few. Employees come first atmosphere. The hours away from your family. The most enjoyable were fellow team members

Pros

free lunch, discount parking, clean environment

Cons

Lacks promotion opportunities for all

At the Renaissance Hotel, there is always training...focusing on Brand, and wow the guests.

working in Banquet, it was long hours some time worked 16 hours, then come back after 7 hours rest and do it again. it was a challenge, but with upper management it was totally worth it.

Pros

free food, free dry clean.

10.3K
6.3K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Banquet Manager