Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Banquet Server

Found 321 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,123 reviews

Its a fun and exciting work place where you meet different people from all walks of life.

I have worked for this company over 16yrs and still love my job and coworkers. The people we meet are amazing and the job we do are amazing as well. Together we make your vision of your wedding day come to life.

Pros

You eat most times what the guest eat. Meet famous people all the time.

Cons

Sometimes no breaks depending on the function but still fun.

Your opinion doesn’t matter. Come to work or get fired. Not friends with the managers stealing time or money you are fired. Only good thing about this job is that they feed you breakfast lunch and dinner. And that mediocre too.

Great pay and environment

Good consistant work. Good pay. Decent management. Great location with beautiful ballrooms that hosted over a thousand people....quite a site to see when in full swing. It's been a long time since I worked for Marriott but if any one looking to make a living out there, this is a great place to get started at if you get in. If you get in, you can be assured to have consistant, dependable work, of course, this was all pre-covid pandemic, hope all gets swinging the way it was.

Pros

Consistant work

Cons

Early hours if doing breakfast

It’s Typical but good environment

It’s typical banquet work with nice people for the most part. Sometimes you are on your own a bit too much. Sometimes managers are uncomfortable interacting with some of the guests that don’t look like them.

Pros

Free food decent pay

Cons

Very fast moving and out of control captains at times

Dont do it

Worked for this company for 3 years. The environment was cut throat, the management played favorites, and you were expected to not have a life and dedicate yourself to a job with mediocre pay.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

favoritism, drama, poor management

Wasn't a good experience

Team dynamics weren't good. Wasn't enough done by management to improve teamwork and efficiency of the team. Very unequal workload given in the team, training needed for the job wasn't given and information about where things were located wasn't sufficient.

Lots of benefits

I love the Marriott but sadly I got furloughed because of Covid. I wish they would call me back. Great company to work for. Definitely will miss working there,

Pros

Discounted Hotel Rooms

Cons

Lots of Politics

n/a

I loved working at the Marriott. Depending on the event, I set up. decorated, cleaned, shined utensils, served the buffet line, greeted guests. bust tables, and many other functions. As aforementioned, I loved working at the Marriott! No complaints.

Pros

free meals

Cons

low hours

Team work

It’s great place to work with awesome benefits with great people who knows how to run a major machine. On going training fir both safety and education

Pros

Team work and great opportunity

Cons

None for me

Banquet Dept.

Zero room for advancement.The senior captains are the worst.The staff that's on salary do not mingle with the hourly.When Covid hit they let 95% of the servers go and the severance packs were a slap in the face for the ones that did get them.

Pros

Flexible with your schedule.

Cons

The captains feel entitled because they have been there a long time

Jobs at Marriott International, Inc.

Banquet Server positions
See more jobs

The best job i ever had

I am happy I am working there and thats is the best job I ever had . You have plenty of opportunities if you want to grown. The pay is very good l. The benefits are amazing

Cons

Non

Safe place to work for good Benefits team work

I love working for this company great managers good Benefits a lot work fun place to work for your get to meet a lot of ppl they care about this employees love it .

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Short break health care good job

good treatment and good pay

Excellent employers very appreciate the people, so much fun, and they respect you and give you good training.the benefits are good, we have an awesome cafeteria, and gym.good communication.

benefits

Productive fun work

We work hard every day in the hot desert sun, but the atmosphere is fun and challenging. We are compensated very appropriately and the management team really does a great job.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

No breaks

Executive committee is outstanding. However middle management is horrible.

I have worked in hospitality for over 35 years and I understand the concept of loyalty. I don't understand it when management continues to blatantly allow favoritism in the form of sexism permeate a department.

Pros

Free meals. Benefits. Pay scale.

Cons

Favoritism. Lack of seniority. Mid management not held accountable.

They tell you are their family, then terminate all employee

Worked for this company 20 years, they terminated all employees on August 27 with no intervention of rehire. They were not paying any money to the employee's due to the fact all were on unemployment.This company also received government help bur do not know what they used the money for.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

no healthcare

Enjoyable workplace and pay, the management was stagnant and lacked the leadership skills necessary to improve workplace.

Coworker and upper management were great to work with. Events were entertaining which kept things fresh. You receive discounts to the restaurant and Starbucks. The banquet manger was the worst part. He got pushed around frequently and let his staff get walked over because he lacked a spine. He has since left that job tho.

Pros

Free leftovers from events, good benefits for long term, full time employees.

Cons

Scheduling

The managers wreck the managers recognized hard-working employees

The manager management of the courtyard gives me support and they also recognize my hard-working skillFor example my decorating for buffets seasonal holidays working with props and decorations throughout the year

Marriot is an exceptional company. I highly recommend working with them as you will love it. Amazing management, benefits , and they really do take care of their employees

Enjoyable

I enjoyed working for this company. I met new people everyday. My coworkers were wonderful. It was a real good experience. The hours were great and the atmosphere was amazing.

Exciting and productive, with high level of team work spirit

It would be helpful if we had a higher volume of business. Managers/team member have a great interaction. Clients are high end groups &respectful ....

Pros

The most important Marriott International is the best hospitably company in the world.

Cons

There are not lots of opportunity for full time position.

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Banquet Server