Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Bar Manager

Found 24 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,195 reviews

Productive and fun workplace

The work environment is an important factor for organizational productivity.A good work environment is directly related to build working relationships.Better workplace encourages employees to work efficiently,thus helping the company to achieve targets.

Awesome

Loved all the skills I learned and the Leads were great! I was lightweight sad when the strike was over but happy that the permanent employees got what they deserved and got back to work!

Happy to go to work every shift!

I enjoy my job at Marriott. I enjoy meeting and addressing each guest thoroughly. I feel respected and appreciated. I find it to be one of the best jobs I've had and don't plan on leaving anytime soon.

work with fun

every thing was perfect fun at work supportive management very good team more leanings and development plane every day training good opportunities to build the carrier .

Pros

good facilities

Cons

heat allowance

The manager at the time was very unprofessional. The employees were all nice and helpful. My crew was breakfast. We all helped each other get the job done.

Pros

Nice people to work with

Cons

Management was not professional

Very friendly staff ,Good place to work at

i work there for more than a year and it was amazing ,the staff were amazing and so friendly and so professional and productive even though i had some difficulties with the accommodation

A great place to grow

Marriott international is a great place to work. There are a multitude of avenues and paths that can be taken to further advance your career, depending on where you want to go. The hours can be long, and like any job, there can be stress. But i would recommend this to anyone.

Great team

Not too much pressure. management flexible. possibility to work casual and full time no need for too much experience. possibility to grow good location

Very good organization, professionals, provide great atmosphere for the guests

Great organization, good training programs, provide 100% customer satisfaction, clean place, great food, great facilities, such as the gym, swimming pool, few restaurants, well trained staff, very clean, and always kept up with all the repairs. They provide an excellent management training programs and benefits.

Pros

Learned a lot, worked with professionals, great atmosphere.

Cons

Working all weekends and holidays which is something expected.

Unprofessional and competitive

I loved my job, don't get me wrong. The hours were terrible, but that is only because they were very late in the afternoon/ night. It was difficult dealing with intoxicated patrons at times, but they were mostly greats conversations. Worldly customers tend to have interesting stories.

Jobs at Marriott International, Inc.

Bar Manager positions
See more jobs

Great place to work excellent benefits, fun environment.

I'm a people pleaser.. I have a gift of being experienced in my work, being adaptable in any environment and easy to learn and eager to teach. Very professional, with a great personality and sense of humor. Love to smile and love to work. Love the benefits of hard work and doing a great job. That kind of job is very recreational for me. I love what I do. And strive to be the best.

Pros

Big cash opportunity

fun workplace

A wonderful place to work for. A brilliant organization with strong roots in the fields. A fantastic location with a massive green space. A great atmosphere to enjoy.

Fun at work

Learning & implementing the standards Strict in discipline Excel in service Guest is very much considered Associates are selected with a lot of shortllistings

Pros

Good annual parties

Cons

extra long hours

A good bar team leader

Having huge foundation all bar area. A good management nice team but everybody wants explore. I am working this company for 7 years

Pros

etc

Cons

can work any parts in bar

 Supervising the floor and bar staff during the full shift at all times, which includes supporting the rostering practice, managing employee relations, conducting training where required, performance management and making appraisal recommendations where suitable I learnt about the various draft beers,cocktails,spirits Well balanced management Well supporting co members at work Late night Work with passion and different cultured people

I really enjoy the time i work there as far as interacting with guest

but when it came to management in food and beverage department they need a lot of training in how to treat employees.overall is a great place to work good compensation,good benefits.

Pros

free limited employee meals

Cons

if a manager doesnt like you your in trouble

A typical day at work was ensuring my staff was ready to work and handle any request to accommodate them. I responsibility was to maintain the service of our hotel to the highest standard possible and try to keep our hotel the best in the region. I learned how to be responsible and multi-task as well as being a very good mixologist. Management was very supportive and encouraging. My co-workers were all very nice and respectful. The hardest part of my job was to prepare many meeting rooms within a very tight time span. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting people and making them feel at home and seeing their smiles for a job well done and that they enjoyed their stay.

benefits

Cons

wages

Great Learning Experience

 Spearheading the Food and Beverage team to meet/exceed company goals for Guest Satisfaction Survey, Brand Standard Audit and HACCP Certification.  Facilitating and setting SMART goals for all food and beverage leaders to ensure the company and personal goals are met and exceeded.  Departmental Financial responsibility. Achieving budget, forecast and controlling cost.  Training all the associates e.g.: Menu and beverage knowledge training, Bar art's training, customer service  To ensure any lateness, absence or sickness are duly recorded in INTERFLEX and given to the HR department.  Carry out and document any disciplinary procedures like file notes if required.  Ordering requisition's according to the sales of the day.  Preparing the balance score card on monthly basis and sharing it with the team on the monthly departmental meeting.  Ensured all associates maintain uniform standards, conducted daily pre-shift meetings and passed on all relevant information to them and signed off any training hours.  Achieved 85% for the Brand Standard Audit.  Achieved 92% for the Associate Engagement Survey.  Introduced new ideas to enhance guests’ dining experience, new styles of service, ordered new equipment for the restaurant if necessary and ensured all associates followed these standards and are aware of the new processes through training in accordance with the food and beverage manager and the operations manager.  Analysed guest comments for each month and identify the areas which needed improvement and trained the associates regarding these areas. Read out -

Pros

Challenging Job handling a very busy award winning outlet, Good Learning Experience, Shadowing F&B Manager in costing, budgeting etc.

Cons

Long Enjoyable Hours

This is a great company to work for teaching you great managment skills and how to work as a team..

My day consisted of scheduling, ordering alcohol and meeting with management to set up a plan of action to reach our departments goals. Our management team was very experienced and always willing to help each department manager out to overcome challenges. The hardest part of my job was delegating out tasks to my supervisors and trusting that they would get it accomplished. On the other hand I learned so much as a manager and how to grow as a person.

İnovasyona tam destek

hergünüm çok farklı ve heyelcanlı geçmesi yönetimsel bazda ve kendi kulvarımızda gelişime ve eğitime destek vermesi yönetimin tamamen çalışanlarını desteklemesi çalışma arkadaşlarımın uyumu çok iyi kritik zamanlarda doğru kararlar verilmesi farklı misafir tipleriyle uğraşmak yeni yerler yeni çalışma arkadaşları edinmek

Pros

kişisel gelişime destek vermesi

Cons

catering yemeklerinin kalitesiz olması

Great place to invent more new ideas

Mixing contemporary culture with its European heritage, Le Méridien creates a culturally refined, meaningful and stimulating atmosphere which inspires participants to celebrate the beauty of a moment and the possibilities for insight that live within common occurrences. Guests discover more than just a new destination. They discover a new way of seeing things. Currently, Le Méridien is a global hotel group with a portfolio of more than 100+ luxury and upscale hotels in over 50 countries worldwide. The majority of its properties are located in the world’s top cities and resorts throughout Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas.

Pros

Night life

10.4K
6.4K
3.4K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Bar Manager