Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Bartender

Found 551 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,123 reviews

Everyday is different

I have always enjoyed my job and assisting customers. Everyday is different and exciting and you meet people from all walks of life. Have always felt appreciated and valued in my role.

Great job culture. Management was a revolving door.

Very good culture. Compensation and benefits was good but not great. Management was a revolving door. From supervisors to managers, they just coming and going. Half the time, the new management lack experience. The staff knew more than they do. It felt like management was just babysitters.

Pros

Very good culture

Cons

Disappointed management

Small Team with flexible hours

Friendly co-workers. Small team. They do need to hire more people to avoid overworking the existing staff. Easy job. No micro-managing. Very flexible with scheduling.

Pros

Food discounts, great 401k, great clients

Cons

Short breaks

Seattle - Every property is different

I have worked at several Marriott International, Inc. properties in the Seattle area in Food and Beverage. Like people, each property has a different personality. However, that being said - I have had overall a good experience. A few bumps here and there, a few jerks here and there. My current property is outstanding. I get to work with a good team, I have a great manager, a good executive chef, and very proactive General Manager and Human Resources director. Most everyone I worked/work with is a professional and truly does their best. My particular environment is not "stringently corporate" and tends to be more flexible perhaps even a little lax, more so than most any other employer I've ever had. I enjoy the freedom and autonomy with which I get to do my job. They treat employees pretty well, most of the time. They have been exceptional during the pandemic. Marriott is not a one-size fits all, and no two properties are the same. Just like people. Good benefits for full-time.

Pros

meal, transportation reimbursements and discounts, decent maternity leave, referral bonuses, good healt dental and vision choices and low costs, focus on the guest, respect for staff

Cons

No free parking, employee meals not so great, but free, employee website poorly constructed and difficult to find information

Great company, outstanding management, fantastic tips

My time spent at this location was amazing. The staff always made me feel welcome and the bar guest always were fun to talk to. You get a lot of lawyers and pilots which is great for conversation. We were at full capacity any times with the conventions, weddings, and events the hotel booked which was great for my pockets and made my shifts eventful. The upper management always made me feel heard, and I knew that if I wanted to work my way up in the industry it was only a matter of me asking. I definitely recommend working for Marriott, their values definitely aligned with mine and as a bartender it’s nice knowing that even with a somewhat early closing time you will still make money. Also the benefits!!! Very affordable. 10/10 top notch company

Pros

Pay, benefits, feeling welcome, job security

Cons

Not really much to list, as a bartender you know what you sign up for

The guest

Great company to work for . Love the job because of the different guest that I interacted with on a daily basis and the pay was well plus tips. Long as you know how to talk and make drinks it’ll go great

Muy buena

Creo que es muy buena Beneficios, salario y trato.

Pros

Bueno

It’s okay

I worked there for years as a bartender. It was an okay job. There are perks like hotel discounts but the insurance is expensive and doesn’t cover anything.

Pros

Hotel discounts

Cons

Bad insurance

Fun company culture before Marriott took over.

There was originally a fun, exciting, employee focused, company culture at the W Hotel in Westwood, (rebranded as the W - West Beverly Hills). After all, a happy employee makes for happy clients and guests. Unfortunately with the Marriott now nickel and diming the place to death, the hotel is now just a shell of it's former glory.

Pros

Interesting guests, aesthetically pleasing work environment.

Cons

Abysmal turnover rate for employees, upper, and middle management. Major inconsistencies with policies and procedures.

Used to be a really fun place to work.

The worst place to work, Used to be a really nice place to work but management there is horrible. Some people they pick on some people they let get away with everything. Human resources It’s terrible so don’t waste your time working there.

Pros

They are none

Cons

They are none

Good company

Good, fun workplace. Busy. Good team. Management is nice. Guests are generally nice. Can be a little chaotic sometimes if short-handed. Good food and excellent kitchen staff.

Pros

Discount on hotels, food

Cons

Underwhelming benefits

Great benefits and supportive management. Co workers felt like family I sure did love my time at Marriott! Working in this industry is always exciting because of all the traveling guests and events.

Staff is helpful and friendly! Great environment to work in.

I’m a bartender at the Livonia Marriott and I have worked there since late October, 2020. I can’t say enough good things about this place! Everyone that works here is so nice. It’s a great group of people. Everyone is friendly, helpful and all have a great attitude. The guests are a pleasure as well. It’s a nice atmosphere to work! I would highly recommend working there!

Pros

Friendly staff

Cons

Non

Yes, there are new people; new adventures; inspires; giving you strength; faith in the future

One of the most pleasant moments of this work begins in the evening/ when guests return from work and who from a walk or excursion; They come to you in a bar and you start to communicate with them; It's nice when they tell you about their views and problems. And when you listen carefully to them, you become a part of them;I will tell you one of the pleasant moments when prepare a cocktail or tea and a guest comes up to you and says that everything was in vain, then I feel not forgotten feelings and blogadarnost for the work;

Pros

gain experience, make new friends, learn to behave in difficult situations, work on yourself, get satisfaction, earn money.

Bartender, fun fast placed to work for summer

Worked multiple different departments within the hotel, mostly around the restaurant. Loved this place for summer time, fast paced, tons and tons of people. If you love fast paced and somewhat crazy work environments, this is the place.

Pros

Good money, benefits, not so bad hours

Cons

Constant management change, favoritism but there’s always that

Great place

Great benefits bring a Marriott employee. Great retirement and 401k. Lots of room for job growth.Lots of team bonding exercises and networking opportunities

Benefits

Cons

Hours

Good Place

No complaints! Everyone was very friendly and I could always count on my manager to be flexible with me. It was a really good job to have during college.

fun place to work

good work environment managment was there to help along the way lots of on the job training good group of fello employees to work with great bennifits ie health vision dental paid hollidays

Pros

healt ins

Cons

menu changes

Good place for experience

Management left a sour taste in my mouth after re-opening during the pandemic. They left us high and dry... When we came back to work they expected more for the same amount of pay.

Pros

Discounts on rooms

Cons

Short breaks, no free food

This work place has a positive vibes I love to work with that people again I really love to work in a hotel like this

I love this place everybody was friendly in every department the always happy and I found lot of friends there specially the managers are very friendly the are very productive

Pros

Free lunch

Server

Great job, been working there for 3 1/2 years, very good learning experience, great job for anybody wanting to get into hospitality industry, highly recommend family orientated

Pros

Good money

Cons

Over worked sometimes

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Bartender