Marriott International, Inc. logo
Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Bartender

Found 546 reviews matching the searchSee all 21,984 reviews

Everyday is different

I have always enjoyed my job and assisting customers. Everyday is different and exciting and you meet people from all walks of life. Have always felt appreciated and valued in my role.

The guest

Great company to work for . Love the job because of the different guest that I interacted with on a daily basis and the pay was well plus tips. Long as you know how to talk and make drinks it’ll go great

Muy buena

Creo que es muy buena Beneficios, salario y trato.

Pros

Bueno

It’s okay

I worked there for years as a bartender. It was an okay job. There are perks like hotel discounts but the insurance is expensive and doesn’t cover anything.

Pros

Hotel discounts

Cons

Bad insurance

Fun company culture before Marriott took over.

There was originally a fun, exciting, employee focused, company culture at the W Hotel in Westwood, (rebranded as the W - West Beverly Hills). After all, a happy employee makes for happy clients and guests. Unfortunately with the Marriott now nickel and diming the place to death, the hotel is now just a shell of it's former glory.

Pros

Interesting guests, aesthetically pleasing work environment.

Cons

Abysmal turnover rate for employees, upper, and middle management. Major inconsistencies with policies and procedures.

Used to be a really fun place to work.

The worst place to work, Used to be a really nice place to work but management there is horrible. Some people they pick on some people they let get away with everything. Human resources It’s terrible so don’t waste your time working there.

Pros

They are none

Cons

They are none

Good company

Good, fun workplace. Busy. Good team. Management is nice. Guests are generally nice. Can be a little chaotic sometimes if short-handed. Good food and excellent kitchen staff.

Pros

Discount on hotels, food

Cons

Underwhelming benefits

Great benefits and supportive management. Co workers felt like family I sure did love my time at Marriott! Working in this industry is always exciting because of all the traveling guests and events.

Staff is helpful and friendly! Great environment to work in.

I’m a bartender at the Livonia Marriott and I have worked there since late October, 2020. I can’t say enough good things about this place! Everyone that works here is so nice. It’s a great group of people. Everyone is friendly, helpful and all have a great attitude. The guests are a pleasure as well. It’s a nice atmosphere to work! I would highly recommend working there!

Pros

Friendly staff

Cons

Non

Yes, there are new people; new adventures; inspires; giving you strength; faith in the future

One of the most pleasant moments of this work begins in the evening/ when guests return from work and who from a walk or excursion; They come to you in a bar and you start to communicate with them; It's nice when they tell you about their views and problems. And when you listen carefully to them, you become a part of them;I will tell you one of the pleasant moments when prepare a cocktail or tea and a guest comes up to you and says that everything was in vain, then I feel not forgotten feelings and blogadarnost for the work;

Pros

gain experience, make new friends, learn to behave in difficult situations, work on yourself, get satisfaction, earn money.

Bartender, fun fast placed to work for summer

Worked multiple different departments within the hotel, mostly around the restaurant. Loved this place for summer time, fast paced, tons and tons of people. If you love fast paced and somewhat crazy work environments, this is the place.

Pros

Good money, benefits, not so bad hours

Cons

Constant management change, favoritism but there’s always that

Great place

Great benefits bring a Marriott employee. Great retirement and 401k. Lots of room for job growth.Lots of team bonding exercises and networking opportunities

Benefits

Cons

Hours

Good Place

No complaints! Everyone was very friendly and I could always count on my manager to be flexible with me. It was a really good job to have during college.

fun place to work

good work environment managment was there to help along the way lots of on the job training good group of fello employees to work with great bennifits ie health vision dental paid hollidays

Pros

healt ins

Cons

menu changes

Good place for experience

Management left a sour taste in my mouth after re-opening during the pandemic. They left us high and dry... When we came back to work they expected more for the same amount of pay.

Pros

Discounts on rooms

Cons

Short breaks, no free food

This work place has a positive vibes I love to work with that people again I really love to work in a hotel like this

I love this place everybody was friendly in every department the always happy and I found lot of friends there specially the managers are very friendly the are very productive

Pros

Free lunch

Server

Great job, been working there for 3 1/2 years, very good learning experience, great job for anybody wanting to get into hospitality industry, highly recommend family orientated

Pros

Good money

Cons

Over worked sometimes

A fun and great place to work because of Coworkers.

Great place to work although is stressful at times because of rude customers,but it comes with the territory. Great opportunities to grow within the company.

Pros

Benefits and opportunities to grow.

Cons

Rude and Entitled Customers.

Fun place

Beautiful place to work at. Amazing benefits and discounts. Each day is a different environment, you’re actually next to the river walk so you will never get bored.

There’s always something changing with the events. I worked in the banquets. That adds excitement and team unity.

I rate Marriott International to be one of the absolute best companies I’ve worked for. They have standards that they strive to maintain in their services. They also have guidelines and rules that they make sure (annually), that there are meetings, emails and communication about what they want every employee to know and abide by during their employment. These are the things that keep order in the company so it will always live up to its name.

Pros

Definitely are free lunches and other food every time we were working s function.

Cons

Long days, lack of sleep, lack of energy

Busy place

Was great working there. Good crew and management. Flexible schedules and slot of team building. Employee appreciation events and competitions. Highly recommend

Pros

Reduced lunches

10.3K
6.3K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Bartender