Marriott International, Inc. logo
Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Cashier

Found 46 reviews matching the searchSee all 21,984 reviews

Fast paced and good working experience

Started with company in December of 1997 as a Cashier, was promoted to store Supervisor in January 1999. Effectively managed the daily store operations, including customer relations, staffing, scheduling, loss prevention, inventory marketing and merchandising. Handled cash, store closing and maintained closing reports. Also trained new employees on services

Great guests make the job worth it

If you are lucky to have a solid management team, the next best thing is the guest relationships you get to make. Depending on your property and your job title, you will get to meet such a great variation of guests. Understand people are paying for their services, and you are in the business of making people happy. But when the guests are great, it makes coming to work even better.

Ok

Okay place to work can be stressfulBut the mask mandate really stressful people don't like to wait lines are long customers can be rude and the staff cannot be helpful

Pros

Na

Cons

what i said

Fun Workplace

Very fun and they let me do homework there.A typical day is busy and a lot of customersI learned how to communicate with people Nothing was hard about the job.

Managed property

The Marriott I worked for was going through a difficult time with the Management company for that property. Since I have left employment there the management company has changed.

Pros

Loved the people I worked with on a day to day bases.

Cons

One Manager thought the rules did not apply to her. She no longer works for the company.

I only worked part time I didnt experience any recreations

I worked at Marriot part time as a cashier in their eating facility! Loved the job and the people! I relocated for a few years, but I'm back in Texas!

Count all the money from all of the outlets, make up a deposit, give change out to all of the cashiers. How to print out reports each week. Good Great place Making sure that when I did audits they were right. Discounts

Pros

Discounts for other Marriott's

Cons

N/a

Sodexho/Marriott was a great place to work. A typical work day was great. I learned a lot of different skills there. There were many different cultures there. There was nothing hard or stressful about working there.

Pros

Free lunch and beverages

Cons

Short breaks

A team-oriented work environment with decent benefits

Working in the Banquet Department is often fast paced but the work is executed as a team unless you are working alone. There are days where you will work alone or with a team to get a lot done. Some managers will trust your abilities while others will micromanage your work. The hardest part of the job is working with some people who lack a strong work ethic. The most enjoyable part of the job is the friendly interaction you have with guests, and being the source of their satisfaction.

Pros

An hour paid break & meal provided

Cons

Inconsistent work hours in the Banquet Department

Productive and a fun place towork

A typical work day was busy and fun for me. You learn a lot from different departments because you pretty much work together. There's definitely room to grow with the company.

Jobs at Marriott International, Inc.

Cashier positions
See more jobs

A Great Place to Work

The Renaissance Harborplace Hotel was the third property where I was employed for seven of the 15-year career of my Marriott Corporation experience. As the General Cashier, my day consisted of making the daily deposit for the hotel, keeping the cashier's tills fully stocked, and assisting my coworkers in the office whenever I could. The best part of this job was the autonomy of it all. If asked about a certain situation, I can find the solution. If a cashier had an issue with their deposit, I could pinpoint where to start in order to make the corrections. I really felt great that the management staff trusted me to perform my duties with very little supervision. The hardest part of the job was picking up the boxes of coins. Overall, this was a great place to work. I still use the skills learned in this position to what I do now. You can't ask for anything better than that!

Fun and productive work place

Only reason I left this job is because the working unconditions aren’t reasonable. Other then that I really enjoyed my time at the job and wouldn’t mind working in the hospitality Industry.

Depending on seniority determines if you get a fixed schedule.

Marriott can be a great place to work as long as you're in a position that you enjoy. While I was there, I was unable to advance my career even though I had a Degree.

Pros

discounts on rooms

Cons

At union properties, workers complain about trivial things.Also, if you're low in seniority, 40 hours not a guarantee.

Nice Place to work

Non-stressful job, I do not have any real complaints, I wish our lunch breaks were longer than 30min. I wish I did not have to work every weekend. Working every other weekend would have been great.

Loved the job

I loved working here, i was in both Gift Shop and restaurant. I got to meet some great people and learned a lot about hospitality. I would recommend working here.

Pros

Benefits, Meet Great People

Cons

Hourly Pay

Good & Enjoyable work

Work was initially difficult in that time because of my start working here in UAE first time with this firm , So i respect the firm who give me a chance to stand for success full life ,, I can never forget this firm in my entire life

Enjoyable to work with my co-workers and tourists

A typical day at work would be ringing up customers and enjoying their stories about where they live, where they are traveling to, the places they have visited and seen.

Pros

Eat free in the cafeteria.

Cons

Getting paid only once a month.

Awesome

Great place to work if you would like to be in a hospitality environment. While providing guest with an awesome experience. I would suggest this position to anyone who loves customer service.

Enjoyed working for this company

enjoy working outside. Meeting people and giving them a good experience on their vacation. Hardest part is dealing with unhappy and dissatisfied guest.

Pros

working outside

Cons

no benefits

productive

like working the cashier to help people get their food to enjoy. A typical workday would be to process customer payments in the cafeteria. Would help clean and straighten up the work area by wiping down tables and sweeping.

Pros

nice staff

Cons

nothing I can say that was

Productive and fun to work with

Easy to work for everybody, learning a lot for trainings in different categories,building your confidence and enhance yourself to develop your skills. A stepping stone to achieve your career in a higher level.

Pros

Free food in work and accomodation

Cons

Small basic salary

10.3K
6.3K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Cashier