Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Chef

Found 133 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,137 reviews

Decent company...

This is a decent company to work for. Lot's of mobility. Plenty of opportunities for advancement. They respect your work/life balance, especially when you have a family.

Marriott is a productive and fun place to work

It takes time to make casual workers full time staff e.g I worked for three years as a casual only with the hope of becoming a full time staff the next year covid happened so sad, I am still job hunting and truth be told Marriott is the best place to work.

Pros

Vacations and other benefits

Cons

Limited staff

Nothing Bad to Say

The training was great, given that I had no prior experience. There were a lot of opportunities to cross train in different departments, but it was not forced at all. On days where the staff would be overworked, our boss often bought us lunch and we always had little 10-15 minute events and meetings to keep people motivated. I also watched a girl who got hired a week before me train in all the departments and then get promoted to Assistant General Manager at another hotel from a front desk position.

Pros

room discounts, great benefits, nice work environment

Not Interested in Buying Quality Products

It was boring as s**t. Everything was frozen or canned food service grade staples. We couldn't buy decent protiens or veggies. Local Management were idiots who had no sense of taste or what good food was. I worked the public school calendar. There was fabulous day care next door for my children. Medical plan was good. Regular raises. All in all it was not a bad place to work.

The company and brand use to be good when l started, maybe it is changing due to world.

The management in Sydney Harbour Marriott is very bias. If you are from certain cultures and races, you are protected. Marriott-International is a great company and brand, unfortunately it doesn’t happen in Sydney Harbour Marriott. The management only protect their family members work there and their friends. It’s sad.

Pros

Cons

For you to find out. All the best.

better to have look for other company

in indian management system all MNC are same they don't walk the talk. work life balence is zero.full of office politics . partiality .no accountability for efficient individual they only want ppl pass time for long hours. long hours presence without any logic is preferred

Pros

doesn't matter if you are a slave

Cons

illogical long hours

Nothing good

Not a good place to work. You work veryyyyyy hard daily, and recognition is minimal. Your superiors support you, but majority the time, stab u in the back.

Ambiente Lavorativo

Utile e completa esperienza lavorativa ,piena collaborazione con lo staff.

perfect

learn and grow, great value, experience amazing, teamwork, guest satisfaction, success personal, incredible management, best opportunities, genuine care

No respect for employees

They will make the workers on salary work the overtime to cut the hours of the poor employees that are hourly paid you end up being on a terrible wage when you calculate it. Expect you to work Christmas Easter all bank holidays and summer months and take your holidays in January February time. Stay away and find a job that will respect you

Jobs at Marriott International, Inc.

Chef positions
See more jobs

There’s Some Hard Working People In There But The Manger Can Be Better Not Making Productive Use of Employees. ... Bad Attitude or Lack of Honesty. The Customers Are So Delightful

Ambiente de trabajo relajado

Excelente ambiente de trabajo el cual se procupan mucho por el personal

Excellent community and long term loyal employees

One of the best places I have worked at. The sense of community, positivity, and team work are all excellent. coworkers are a joy to be around and management is understanding and helpful. Excellent place to learn. Most people make a lifetime career out of working for this company.

Pros

Amazing coworkers, food, free parking, and benefits

Cons

Usually far from where you live

Ambiente di lavoro amichevole

Ambiente di lavoro umano e amichevole ma pessima gestione del personale e del lavoro quasi sempre disorganizzato e poco chiaro.Pretesa di mantenere standard elevati ma senza i mezzi per farlo creando grande stress ai dipendenti.

Pros

Stipendio, possibilità di prendere parte ad eventi spettacolari

Cons

Pessimo rapporto tra vita e lavoro, cattiva gestione del personale

I do not want to participate

I refuse to answer this survey simply bcim being forced to fill it out. Sharing my experience should be voluntary and I’m choosing not to answer truthfully.

A very good journey with Marriott international

Marriott has world class hotels like the other brands. I really enjoy to work with it very good environment at all professionals skill upgrade your skills with Marriott development programme.

Muy amigables

Todos dispuestos a enseñrte y ayudarte en lo que sea

Awsm

Feeling good, there stuff are very friendly and i refer to my othwr friends , i learned more things from there , and i develop my speed , my capacity, because there have too much work load.

Great company to work for

Very good company to work for , good benifits good insurance good retirement funds and the hours are good and schedule is very flexible , and paid time off too.

Ottimo

The strength that animates every chef and the quest to enhance the kitchen to dream levels, but to do this it is necessary to build a team that will follow you in the goals studied together with the whole management group otherwise without rules and goals to reach the team melts like snow in the sun. Shared success is a tonic for everyone and helps us to improve every time

Ambiente familiare

Ambiente familiare e tranquillo ma con scarse possibilita' di crescita professionale

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Chef
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?