Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Concierge

Found 210 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,123 reviews

Brilliant hosting

Typically I would start my day by setting up the concierge lounge, and checking to see everything that i needed to get the day started such as condiments, newspapers, food, beverages. I learned how to excel my hosting abilities with this company. My management as well as coworker were all very encouraging and open to communication, the best part of my job was interacting with the guests, there was nothing majorly hard about my job just getting to know the guests and the area was the only area i needed to excel in and time provided me with all those answers.

Pros

close to home, the people were amazing, food was free, and i recieved tips

Cons

if i didnt take a break as soon as i got in i was unable to do so, because i ran the lounge alone if i left there would be no one there to help my guests

Fun and friendly coworkers, unorganized and petty food and beverage management

It is important to mention that I only worked here for three months, but during my time there I had the opportunity to meet some amazing people. Unfortunately, all of the kind, genuine people were lower tier employees like myself. I worked in food and beverage and the turn around for managers was insane. I was only there for three months and I saw two managers come and go.

Pros

Free lunch, fun coworkers

Cons

Petty management, long hours

Plenty of openings. Great benefits. Pay is competitive in the right hotels.

Depending on which hotel you work at, you can find great sucess at Marriott. It does vary from property to property but when you get a good team, they're usually the best you'll work with. Always keep an eye on new openings, as Marriott makes it quite easy to apply from within and transfer from property to property.

Demanding place

Great benefits. But they overwork you . In my department, you work for 2 departments and they switch you back and forth. Great pay. Very overwhelming when it is busy.

Productive and Fun Work Place

Working for Marriott International was a life experience worth having. I not only made friends that will became family, the experience to interact with some of the most amazing people from all walks of life.

Pros

Family environment, Bonuses

Cons

Shifts

It quite interesting

Good atmosphere , great working with colleagues, helpful and friendly, and it always amazing to work at Marriott, the way they treat the staff is amazing, they have a saying that treat ur worker well they will also treat you customers good

Coworkers and culture are amazing, company does not care about you

Working for the Marriott gave me a customer service training experience that I will always hold dear. The people working at the front desk were always happy and fun. I worked in the concierge and it was a very nice job. They paid well, the benefits were great, they feed you. The problem was time off, you always had to fight for it. Also they clearly were only looking out for themselves and saving the company and that was very clear. If you had a problem they listened like they cared but (unlike with the guests) nothing was ever done to fix the problems. Also your coworkers always shamed you for your breaks as most people were expected to work through breaks and lunches. When COVID hit they sent a majority of there employees on unpaid furlough so that’s the kind of company they are now. Mr. Marriott cared for his workers but Marriott int only cares about the bottom line.

Pros

Good health care, free lunch

Cons

No breaks, always standing, constant secret shoppers, cameras watching your every move

I love Marriott

Great company to work for. I love my Marriott family Would go back in a heart beat as long as my position is paid good. Great management as well! Great benefits too

Outstanding

A fast paced environment where everyone is working to provide guests with the most welcoming stay. Everyone is goal focused and always professional when it comes to working for Marriott.

Not a good place to work

I would not work for the Marriott again. The pay was not good sometimes you were not treated well. If you worked a catering job management would keep the tips. I was very disappointed as I Iove to stay at Marriott hotels. I feel the employees could be treated better.

Marriott International Inc. is great company that I recomand to anyone who wants to make career in the hospitality industry.

Marriott International, Inc.. is not only one of the largest civilian employers in the world, but a school for its employees more specifically me. Due to training, I become a better man, a real professional. As a result, I could impact positively my work environment by my leadership skills, and overcome easily the incomprehension which is the most difficult part of the job. Finally, the philosophy of the company is the most enjoyable part of the job. Marriott International Inc.. has more than 168.000 employees that are coming from different countries and cultures. Under the company's philosophy we form a great family. During my experience, I was treated like a family member instead of an employee.

Pros

Employees' birthday party

Great Company to work for

● Overall-cool perks-friendly coworkers-fun job-would work there again-try to handle things on your own be professional-no drama tolerated-lots of room for growth

Jako bych pracoval v cirkusu.

Minimální výdělek, práce v umělém a neupřímném kolektivu. Amatérské vedení bez možnosti seriózního cestování v rámci společnosti.

The biggest company in the hotel industry

Marriott is a great place if you wish to progress in your career. It is a fast-paced environment with a lot of policies and procedures to learn which will take you further if you know we are you heading to. I had colleagues being promoted twice within 9 months, enough for them to move to better places and positions. It is worth to consider working at Marriott International if you are young and ambitious and keen to move on quickly on the career ladder.

Pros

Free meals (lunch and dinner).

Cons

Low salary.

Positive productive environment

Offer an unforgettable guest experience, management always aware of employees needs, positive place to work, A lot of multitasking, enjoying personal connections with all guests

Pros

great benefits

Good company

I like working for Marriott it was a good company they treated us well I always felt like I matter and I recommend to anyone they are great plenty of chances to move up

Fun and passionate work environment

Working at Marriott's W hotel was exciting and inspiring. From bottom to top management, everyone was very welcoming and always willing to help. I learned how to be creative and how to think outside of the box when dealing with guest requests.

Pros

Free lunch, a lot of opportunity to learn and grow

Cons

No employee parking

Utility Role

I applied for a role not knowing to much about it, It was nothing more than a utility role Running around the hotel for the events that we had. And Managers were rude.

So far so good

Great team, good supervisors, that's my motivation as I settle into this new job. I am new and have no much to say at this moment. I will just see and wait it out.

Friendly workplace

Very friendly work place. job security and very nice location to work.very helpful management. a very good learning place where you can learn how much you can.

Relaxed workplace with good benefits

Marriott provides a relaxed workplace and great benefits including discounted hotel rates. While being relaxed it maintains structure as any larger corporation would.

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Concierge
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?