Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Cook

Found 199 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,123 reviews

Its fun to work there

Working at Marriott is really nice because my co-workers are friendly. It's very enjoyable working there because of the time management and culture. Although, my salary would not fit for my entire family, overall, it's nice to work at Marriott.

Fun place to work

Always come ready to work hard, Always keep your table clean, always said yes Chef yes chef, be on time, keep away from the cafeteria the food is awful, always cold no flavors.

Pros

Good environment

Cons

Short break

Not a friendly environment at all

The kitchen staff now is disconnected, no one likes anyone but play friends during shifts,supervisors constantly taking pictures and noting down anything and everything that would give them an advantage with the hotel GM, there’s no growth, all issues go past the chef and straight to the Gm, if you are applying just know as soon as both supervisors and chef do not care for you anymore your livelihood is in jeopardy, and eager to replace you. You will be asked to do your duties plus the duties of others, Marriott downtown Hartford is a shell of what it used to be after 2018 it became a miserable place to work at, oh and you will cook and also pack up food for delivery( no room service guy) wash your own dishes clean appliances, toasters grills and ovens, supervisors will do as little as possible and make u responsible for the rest,if you wanna like coming to work and feel like family with coworkers this ain’t the place whatsoever.

Pros

Hotel discount

Cons

Kitchen staff

We all shared a common factor other than the job productivity, we all loved one another. all

One of the best places I've ever worked. The city, the State , and the people are simply wonderful. The pay , in my opinion isn't what I thought it should be.

Pros

Fun atmosphere

Cons

Days off

ok place to work

the most enjoyable part of the job Learning new things starting out as a Culinary Students Learn the whole kitchen, working catering events, The hardest part of the job was working with difference personality

Awesome place to work and lots of hours but there is no recognition for your hard work

Marriott is a very good company no doubt Is the ppl that manage the company that suck so bad Marriott take good care of you and the benefit are there .. but there is a lot of favoritism..

Pros

Lots of hours

Cons

Short breaks no free meals and bad supervision

n/a

ok place to work, benefits are decent with weekly payfree lunches, hotel/travel discountsvery busy hotel. i would recommend this as an entry level job

Expect to work hard

Spent several years working as a dishwasher and cook at a food service operation. Hard work and sometimes "interesting" co-workers. In many respects typical for the field.

Pros

free meals, lockers

Cons

work can get very hectic and intense.

Best company I ever worked for

I love working for Marriott great benefits and discounts most of the management is really helpful and will listen to your concerns and ideas I worked at 2 Marriott properties so far a small one and a big one and surprisingly the bigger hotels are better to work at they are more flexible and professional.

Pros

Free hot meals provided, friendly management, beautiful benefits, discounted room and products

Cons

Can be demanding and fast pace most times and long hours especially nightshift

Great company

opening team. crazy schedule during the first few months, management people are great as well as co workers. management make sure you are being taken care of the first year but management slowly went down.

Jobs at Marriott International, Inc.

Cook positions
See more jobs

Lack of advancement opportunities

Promotions go to pet employees regardless of experience Management has a good old boy advancement culture. Benefits are respectable pay is decent Lack of respect from middle management

Pros

Benefits, pay is decent

Cons

Double standards for different employees

Cool people to work with

It was hard to get good training in the kitchen as a new hirer. There was no standard recipe to follow. I was able to be creative with the food that was being made daily.

Amazing but super fast paced place to work

Marriott is an amazing company to work for. Like With any place it has its ups and downs but at the end of the day the people, the place, it makes it worth it .

Pros

Benefit at over 100 different locations throughout the city

Cons

Long hrs, difficult balance home/work life during baseball season

Good locacation

OverallGreat environment its a very good job. I highly recommend it. For those who want a fast past job and good workers this is the place to be. The staff are amazing .

Not good environment to work

Working with the Executive chef Mueller and GeneralManager Ray Raymond at Delta Beaousejour these two persons are such and a..le, there is not good management and everyone literally have to lick Ray foot, the kitchen tols and equipment at this hotel everything is so old. Never recommend working or staying at this hotel

Cons

Never having a break

Cook 1

Marriott is a good company for work. They treat they employees good but right now is alow that's why I looking for a new job. I wish can learn new s

A mass kitchen

this kitchen it is a mass and unsafe. The fact staff is zero experience, untrained. including the supervisor. the staff received a poor traning from excutive chef. most of the staff are not friendly, marriott its worth place you can work, they are users, they will hire you if they need cover up, but as soon as the busniess slow dowan they never gives you a respect or even they don't want hear you. its a worth place you can work, customers order food because of marriott name but be careful it bad quality food. the mplyees they are too lazy. they dont work.

Hreat place to work

A great team will help out and teach you how to better your craft. Supervisor is hands on with teaching and communicating job responsibilities. Overall a really good work environment.

Marriott

● Work-life balanceIt's not enough money to live off of but if your looking to have a job that you can just make spending money off of this would be great ! I love working here because it's only 4 hours a day and I get to be home with my kids all day but I just wish the pay was worth it !!!● Pay & benefitsThey honestly suck they haven't offered anything to me since I've been here! not even a login to see my check stubs ...● ManagementWhen they do get a manager they don't keep them we have been through 6 Managers since my very first day.● OverallI love working for them but just don't have the opportunity to make enough money with my job !! I would suggest the management not be so tight on the budget because you have to spend it to make it !!! When we don't have things we need we can't satisfy every guests so that means no tips witch is 30% of our check if we don't make tips then it's not worth working my job (bistro) . I feel like I have to much potential going to waste and not making my desired salary!!

kitchen

Working in the kitchen was a great experience, even though it could be stressful and hard at time. I have learned timing and preparedness. Management was there when we needed help and encouragement.

Pros

Management was amazing.

Cons

Not have all the equipment we needed.

Great

It’s a great place to work at, Great environment. The only thing is that it needs more work team.

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Cook
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?