Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Dining Room Server

Found 23 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,128 reviews

Management is So-so

How good the job is is entirely up to your immediate supervisor. Some are really considerate, others will schedule you on two consecutive shifts without warning.

Pros

Free lunch, cool co workers

Cons

A lot of managers are nit-picky

Don't work here

This company expects their employees to work themselves to death. I worked 50 hours a week on average and made about 11/hour (both tips and hourly pay combined). I often worked 12 hours straight without having any time to eat or even drink. Most management is unproffesional and gossips about employees to otheremployees.

Fun

This is an amazing job to work at. I love dealing with people and being very sociable . I would always recommend this job to anybody who would like to work here.

Great internship experience

They provide great training experinces. Work load can be a little too heavy at times but most of the time you have other people helping you make it a success.

Fun workplace

I've learnt a lot from Marriott team. I love the job, my co-worker and management team, they do everything to support me to become better. It is the most enjoyable part of my life in Australia.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

No break

Most employees are students.

Most of the employees are students and the pay was low unless you were either a manager or working for tips. Most managers only stay for 2-3 years before moving up in position at another location so things never really stabilize.

Management Lacks Fairness and Supportive Culture

Management is weak. Management Lacks Fairness and does not provide a Supportive Professional Work Culture. Management does not truly honor its Employee Service Values.

Cons

Employee Service Values are not adhered to by Management.

productive and comfortable place to work

good management,some manager didnt have any qualified,lots of eqipment already ages need to renew,overall have a good team work,sometime bad food for employee

Pros

free meal on duty, uniform, job awarding, training

Cons

1 hours break, healthcare insurance

Cool Place

It is a cool and awesome place to work. The staff is amazing and the culture is great. The guests are the best! Everyone is a team player from all departments.

Great job

This was a very good job. The money was excellent. Sometimes I would get $150 tips. The only negative point was having to work 13 or 14 days in a row before getting a day off. I loved the staff. Everyone was so friendly

Pros

Great tips

Cons

Jobs at Marriott International, Inc.

Dining Room Server positions
See more jobs

Busy work day, minimal tips

Work day starts at 530, or 6.Set up all stations, polish silverware, fold napkins, stock all stations. Wait on customers, serve drinks, food, etc. handle all payments

Pros

Employee Discounts

Cons

Searching other floors for daily supplies

Healthy Environment!

Great for your spirit! My favorite part about the job was the amazing personalities at work. I had a chance of working with some of the most kind and generous co workers and for that I am forever thankful. I learned a lot being the youngest in an environment of middle to old aged workers. Manager's were ok, fair. Hardest part of the job was clocking out when you two days off coming up because it becomes your new home, they become your new family. GREAT COMPANY!

Pros

Free lunches, Discounts on hotel rooms, great benefits.

Cons

Everyone know's everyone's business. Favorites played, sometimes.

its a great hotel

I have been there for more the 5 years and my experience have been increasing since day one and gave me the knowledge I need to move on in the hospitality industry

good pay

same as any other job just the company starwood cares for there employee. Not human resources, or manager. The company. every year they have a star voice which is great for you to tell people that actually care what's going on.

Pros

free food

Food & Beverage

The management of this department has always been pretty awful. The supervisors are usually good people, which is why they tend to leave shortly after they start. The restaurant's business is inconsistent, not because it depends on hotel guests, but because the chef refuses to advertise properly to locals. The worst part is when the hotel makes money by renting out vacant rooms to families, the restaurant staff suffers, dealing with complaints, messy children, and poor tipping. Do not work in this department of this hotel, ever.

Pros

Good food

Cons

Expensive, no free meals, poor benefits, poor management, lack of consistency

professional and fun place to work for

I enjoy working for The Westin (starwood property). Evereybody is friendly and are quick to help out when in need. There is always room for growth. in my past 2 years working there, i learned that everybody plays a vital part in which keeps the hotel running safely and efficiently. Management is great on handling any situations good or bad. The most enjoyable part of my job is to be able to interact with the guests and making them feel at home!

Steady work place and enviroment

Currently under going a major renovation...Great environment and staff are reliable and fun to be around. Things are looking upwards..

Fun work place.

* Busy and exciting * All about in room dining and billing in mico system, Replenishing mini bar and billing the guest through phone. * Encouraging , helpful and friendly. * Friendly and Helpful. * Traveling. *When the guest is satisfied.

Pros

Free Meals

Cons

Medicare

Fun workplace

It was a good place to work and worked well with my hours as a student.

The management was the best I worked with .

The job was very fast paced. It was team work that helped us acomplishe the daily challenges .

productive and fun work place

Assisting guest with orders and answering multi phone lines delivering orders to the room opening and closing duties of the restaurant filing faxing for the guest

Pros

hotel discounts

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Dining Room Server