Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Director

Found 62 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,123 reviews

great place to work

Great place to work, treat associates well with good compensation also managers could earn closer to market especially in technology. Engaging work with great people

Pros

discounted hotel stays, healthcare

Great Culture and Leadership Development

Overall great company industry is in a tough place but will get better! Guests are tough as we are working out of pandemic and a lot of hotels are all having a hard time filling positions. Excellent culture and a lot of ways to develop within company!

Fun, training, great locations!

Working with Marriott is always a great learning experience for me. They have a great training program. I have the opportunity to work with Marriott in different locations in different countries in the Middle East, Europe, and United States. I will do it again if given another opportunity.

Interesting work, great people, though there can be long hours

A terrific company overall, though it has been materially impacted by the pandemic. The work is very interesting, with excellent potential for advancement, and there is good collaboration between different teams. The associates at HQ are bright, hard working, and work well together (e.g. not cutthroat). However, there can be long (e.g. 60+) work hours on a regular basis.

Pros

great people, interesting work, very collaborative, generous PTO

Cons

lackluster retirement match, long work hours are common across most teams

Respectful, Honest and Learning Work Environment

You have the opportunity to learn a great deal and advance with the company. Still more than anything, the work environment is respectful, polite, honest, and friendly. Its not perfect because we are humans, but there is definitely an intent to get people to the next level with more care and concern than a person would expect. Just really good relationships and associate activities as well.

Pros

Caring about the associates who work there

Cons

Up and down busy seasons, which is expected in hospitality

Great place

Great place to work foe, very supportive team, the managers are amazing and the culture tooI enjoyed working there for 2 years and I would go back .

Great people!

I really enjoyed my time with Marriott and would work for them again. The people I worked with 10yrs ago are still friends now....it was a great stepping stone at the time for my career.

Rewarding

Minimum 10hr work day Tue - Sat and working holidays. Strong professional development however, advancement can take time at higher levels. Overall solid company.

Pros

Professional development

Cons

Work/life balance

Company that cares

Marriott as a company is amazing. If you get in the correct property. The success is unlimited. You will have leaders that will care about you as a person and about your career. You have the best opportunities in having a support and knowledge of the leading best lodging company.

Top Hospitality Company

I am worked there for 28 years and absolutely love the company. It has a great work environment, supports an EEO culture and promotes from within. The tenure of most of their employees speaks volumes about the company culture.

Jobs at Marriott International, Inc.

Director positions
See more jobs

Expect long hours, lots to learn

Seasoned staff who need support. Very busy, with multiple events going on at the same time. Many opportunitys to learn new tasks through multiple responsibilities.

My time working for Marriott was very Interesting, I worked there for 2 years, in which my first year, I was expected to perform miracles.

The management at the time of my employment was pretty descent to start. There wasn't enough banquet employees, I had no assistant, and did not have the tools to operate my department.

Fast paced environment where there is never a dull moment

Fast-paced, increasingly youthful environment, more exciting than ever but the work hours are long. Be prepared to give it all. Great culture, not always the best pay compared to other hospitality companies. Most on property and at corporate will tell you there are enough resources as they keep teams lean. The best part of the job is the people you work with. Especially on property, your co-workers are like family. Great place to get experience at least for a few years, and especially when you are young. There is upward career mobility especially on property, less so at corporate.

Pros

hotel discounts

Great Company to Work for

Great culture, leader in the industry, a lot opportunities to advance, outstanding benefits, fantastic training. Truly fortunate to have worked for such a great company.

Poor experience

Marriott has a lot of great things when it comes to ability to move up, but there is a lot of corporate backstabbing and games that make it difficult to feel the ability to trust many. It would be much better if people were transparent and didn’t always have hidden motives.

Good Place to work,

I loved my time at Marriott. Its a great organization. There is a bit of a disconnect from corporate to local but I suppose that's everywhere. Our managers were very hard on us, but the job is always good.

Marriott is a great company to work for

As with all things, people make the difference. My last years with Marriott (formerly Starwood) were the exception to the rule but overall, it was a great experience. They are a great mix of people to work with and work for.

Pros

Great People

Cons

One poor executive committee member can ruin the culture of the hotel

Productive culture

Productive and forward thinking with upward mobility and training. I think the company puts people first in everything they do. It has a real culture of diversity and inclusion

Great company for associates to work for. The transition from Starwood to Marriott had a few growing pains but it is much smoother now and a more enjoyable company to work.

Outdated Technology and Corp Processes

+30 year old IT infrastructure with no appetite to upgrade. Top down management approach where lower level employee are not allowed to provide input and/or opinions.

Staffing payroll overseening all of the Events

Always work hard attention to details work as team take care of all the events training the team great service . most enjoyable always to help our guests I always loved to work for Marriott .

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Director
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?