Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Director of Food and Beverage

Found 136 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,137 reviews

Great company- Plenty of room for for growth

Marriott is a great company to work for. Unlimited growth potential and excellent training. Hospitality hours are long and hard so it isn't for everyone.

Fun workplace, thanks to team

Hardest part is no parking, and its dtla. Late nights are not easy. Benefits and tips are good. Overall its a good place to work, get a lot of training classes (free), good clients, big conventions

Pros

Free lunch, benefits

Cons

no parking, music (radio)

I had a great time working for marriott

Marriott is a great company to work for, I stayed with the company for many years due to the opportunities to learn and grow, personally I think is time well spent due to the opportunities to grow that the company offers.

Good Company

overall, Marriott is a good company with a clear point of view. I've worked at 2 Marriotts, one was excellent, the 2nd only lacked for having a clearly inappropriate GM.

Pros

Clear direction

Cons

Some properties need better oversight.

They only care about bottom line no matter what they say in orientation every one is seeing the real Marriott they do not care about associates at all ruined Starwood

Its a amazing experience to work with Marriott

The management are very good.i have been work for the company more than four years.co- workers and my superiors are very good.i learned lot of things that will be helpful to developed my self.i am happy with the company.

Job experience

A great company but due to hotel being so new there was a lack of business. Friendly staff and nice interiors everything is really new. Still very unorganized needs more attention on job titles and responsibilities. A growth track program would be good for those who want to move up or transfer.

Pros

Free lunch/nice staff/uniforms provided

Cons

No legit breaks/poor management/low on business

Management shambles

Along with a plethera of other issues, I saw a complete staff turnover in 3 months. Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy, questionable training, unobtainable expectations, no room for flexibility or career progression unless you're willing to relocate.

Questionable leadership & communitcation

I had a lot of good times at the job but were unfortunately overshadowed by the lad of leadership and communication between sections. Other issues I can't talk about but as a woman I wouldn't want to work there again.

Pros

Flexible, good team members, location easily accessible

Cons

Questionable training, health and safety and treatment of staff

Good

Marriott International truly values its employees. They provide professional and personal development. They do truly believe in their mission statement, which is so impactful.

Jobs at Marriott International, Inc.

Director of Food and Beverage positions
See more jobs

What you learned

When i start carrier day by day learning very important we need understand concepts the work enjoy and like our work and responsibilities timing hardworking improvement

It's a such a big Chain Hotels in the world

It a pleasure to work with this industry.Whatever I have facing problems to my work palced ,they take care well . We are working together like a as team and together we are better .

Work is not Work

I enjoy our industry and I love working with people and seeing them happy. Hospitality is fun and getting people to enjoy life is easy and fulfilling and really not that hard when you are enjoying life along with the guest.

Front Desk Associate and Manager

Marriott is a wonderful company to work for. The company is well established and really cares about their employees. There are so many different properties to choose from and plenty of opportunities for college students and others as well.

Pros

Benefits, Opportunities for Advancement, Discounts, Diversity, Great Work Culture Etc.

Cons

N/a

It's very good culture to work here

Marriott company its own culture . I'm very happy to work with Marriott property They own legacy . Management give me motivation time management . good environment

Mi

Be careful when you start with this company if you have never worked for hotels prior. They will bring you in and treat you like “family”, but don’t be fooled, this is still a corporate America job and you still have to jump through all the corporate America hoops. I will never work with this company again because I was misled and treated poorly.

Good company to work

Good company to work with Marriott.Good management best management.good salary n password benefits.I start my career with Marriott company I got good experience.

fun and friendly place

makes you are in good place and learn so more about the food and alcohol best place if you want to grow your skill and your attitude friendly environment

Great Employer who invests in the associates and has a strong sense of contributing in the community.

Strong, close team. Top level managers who keep associates engaged. Understands the forecast\Financials. Company appreciates the team effort. Is a good neighbor.

Great industrial training programs

I'm so happy because during my industrial training programs going to great effect of making my career goal As a employees working all different types kitchen and areas

Good

Good company. This company more take care the staff. Company provide good atmosphere to the staff for their working places . This company has lot of policies

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Director of Food and Beverage