Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Director of Human Resources

Found 22 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,128 reviews

Better Than Most

Decent company to work for. Followed policy’s and procedures. Training completion was mandatory for ALL employees. The employee appreciation was huge and the employees and their family looked forward to it.

Pros

Employee appreciation

Cons

Raises

Fun workplace

Have a wonderful team in HR makes me happy and productive. really people can make a difference. the most amusing thing that each day is a unique day has its positive & negative side especially when you have this massive number of employees however it gives me real experience.

Pros

Free Meals, social activities

Cons

Long working day

Strong Core Values

Strong Core Values as Pillars; multi-cultural environment focused on creating memorable experiences for guests and associates. Strong commitment with a spirit to serve our communities.

Good company benefits

The workplace environment is great. You are supported at every level of your career. We have lots of fun at work and often times you forget you are at work.

Opportunities for advancement

Marriott is a company that hires qualified candidates that are promotable with within the company. They encourage training and development and opportunities for growth when positions becomes available.

Marriott culture is outstanding

Interact with associates and leaders: -Investigations -FMLA concerns -Payroll discrepancies -Benefits -Due Process Meetings -Participate in First Step Grievances -Pay increases -Management Training -Adhering to the CBA -Making sure leaders are following the CBA -Unemployment Hearings -Attend Arbitrations

Pros

Free lunch and parking

Cons

Great healthcare, 401K match, Pto, Holidays

FUn place to work

A very eventful place and fun place to work at. Balanced Culture and provided opportunities for growth. Good Management. Good and fun Place to work at.

GOOD place to work

Hours were long ypu had to work10 fours per day. Good pay and benefits. If you like to work long hours and weekends. Not a good work/life balance. Assist in advancing your career. Learn various aspects of the job.

Productive Workplace

Opportunity to become creative, ability to provide secure work environment for the staff. Assuring that all associates feel welcome, appreciated and love coming to work,

New property with potential but many challanges

this is a great property and it needs more time to truly become an icon in the city. it has great people and potential which will grow with time. people are dedicated

Pros

great product

Cons

new property and needs more marketing

HR Role- loved it

- A typical day at work - HR was my role, I had an open door policy, so some days were spent dealing with issues. Payroll was done every two weeks, meetings, site inspections, work around the property. - What you learned - All people are different, so have more issues than some. Some people can become lifetime friends. - Management - Being at the top is can be lonely sometimes- The hardest part of the job - Having to make unfavorable decisions- The most enjoyable part of the job - Dealing with the everyday running of the HR office.

Pros

HR Role

Cons

HR Role

Fast paced and rewarding

I have never worked so hard and had so much fun at doing it. Marriott has changed over my tenure, but I had a great career with relocations to 8 states.

Great Place to Work

 Orchestrate and enforce human resources programs focused on development and maximum results.  Partner with global and senior management teams to develop mid and long-term strategies.  Lead projects with cross-functional teams: changes in structure, mergers and business expansions.  Institute trainings to influence, create and improved a high performance and engagement culture.

Pros

Great Place to work / Great Location

Cons

Parking

Great company to be a part of .

Great team work and phenomenal leadership from corporate office to properties. Would definitely recommend to anyone seeking employment and to start a career

Fun and productive

This multinational hospitality organisation was both fun and challenging with amazing development opportunities. I had the opportunity to work with the best professionals in the business and learn and lead in this environment.

Great corporation to work for

The work experience was wonderful. The corporation's job culture was one of a challenge to perform in excellence for each employee. Customer satisfaction related to employee spirit of excellence through training was the main goal. This job was the utmost experience in employee development - great environment for work.

Pros

Continuos training

The best job ever

In charge of all aspects of the human resources office. Member of the executive committee. Recruited, trained, and developed staff; approved all terminations. Implemented and enforced Marriott International standard operating procedures. Coordinated associate activities and special events. Member of the training team for the Caribbean and Latin America region.

Pros

Always busy, fun, interesting, responsibility, travel, training, decision making.

Cons

Having to let people go

Company of passionate people who enjoy delivering great customer service to customers and each other

Great company with such a great employee based culture! Co-workers love what they do and care about others.

Pros

Free lunches, ample opportunity to grow and develop within company, great benefit package

Productive, fun place to work and people oriented.

Excellent experience..... loved the campus environment. I was responsible for 4 buildings. Very unique and exciting.

Pros

love the interaction with the employees

Cons

the hotel was located inside the university.

n/a

Nothing to note at this time.Starting research on new positions in Phoenix.

A Start Up HR position in the hospitality field.

This was also a start up HR position for the Amway Arena under the Marriott Umbrella (food service division). We employed approximately 500 employees. In the beginning I spent most of my time bringing files into compliance, developing job descriptions, policies, planning events and recruiting. I enjoyed interacting with employees. I conducted orientation, employee relations, benefits and training. I enjoyed working for Marriott. This company offers their employees support and the opportunity for growth.

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Director of Human Resources