Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Director of Operations

Found 29 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,195 reviews

Great opportunity for advancement. Company does what it says.

After my walk through I would meet with my managers and discuss all aspects of the previous day, review labor, staffing opportunities, operations and future business. I learned how to operate in a very challenging labor market. I moved three managers up to Director of Restaurant Operations. Opened Shula's Steak House after hurricane Katrina.

Pros

Developing employees for advancement

Cons

Labor market

For a company that brands loyalty, it is very lacking.

I worked for this company for 6 years beginning as a new grad. I have seen shifts in culture that began with a move away from employee satisfaction, to guest satisfaction and now to owner satisfaction. During the global pandemic, this company destroyed lives due to mismanagement and still advertises itself as a "great place to work". There is a serious lack of diversity at the corporate level which I believe to be covered up by the inclusion of statistics collected from individual hotels. They took benefits from tenured employees and crafted a voluntary termination program which was not explained clearly to front-facing service employees. Shame on you all that had involvement in this.

Pros

The ever decreasing employee discount.

Cons

Insurance, work life balance, security, culture.

People first culture

Marriott provides many areas of opportunity for growth as a person and a leader. There are always new challenges that provide an engaging environment from new job duties to new projects it has always been something I appreaciate.

Excellent Culture and work fairness

Excellent place to work. Would recommend this company to anyone interested in working in the Hospitality Industry. Their portfolio allows you so many options of where you may want to work.

Been working for this company for the past 15 years, the culture, the way you are treated is beyond expeactations

Mr Marriott strongly believes if you take of your people, the people will take care of the guest and the guest will return back. A GREAT PLACE TO WORK

Professional Environment

Overall good environment. GM was a bit autocratic in approach and leadership. Other department heads were professional and had a clear understanding of their roles.

Starwood was unforgettable!

Starwood Hotels & Resorts was purchased by Marriott in 2014. I worked 13 total years for Starwood, and enjoyed every minute. They were a great company and provided me with so much direction and career progression.

It was a wonderful company to work for

This company and career taught me not only professional experience, but life lessons with the clientele we interacted with. The company not only values it's guests, but understands your employee are who will provide the excellent service. So they really cater to their employees.

Pros

The culture and company core values

Cons

Work hours, 24 hour 365 days a year.

Good Company

Great company to work for. Plenty of training available in all aspects of the hotel. Plenty of room for advancement and to move around if you like that

Marriott is a great brand. I worked for a franchised Marriott and the hotel was in a suburban neighborhood. Not much around but the hotel was kept clean and the employees valued their work.

Pros

flexible schedule

Cons

paid holidays for hourly employees only

Jobs at Marriott International, Inc.

Director of Operations positions
See more jobs

Excellent Place to work & grow

The Co offers great opportunities for growth and helps you maintain a clear understanding of what is expected and how it needs to be delivered through a balanced score card approach.

Top Notch

Excellent all the way around. Had the best time of my life working there. Wish I could go back. Thank you for the experience. Great benefits. Great management.

Pros

Environment.

Cons

Working holidays

The Harvard of the Midwest

As the Director at Washington University, I learned new skills in a new work environment. The Higher education Industry presented unique challenges in getting and maintaining customer satisfaction.

Hands on, extremely rewarding

Perfect place to hone your skills. You will learn everything about operating a hotel from the ground up. Terrific owners who are a pleasure to work with. Location can't be beat and quality of life and cost of living are excellent. Job can be all consuming.

N/a

Positive culture of learning and growth. Pride in the company was strong. Management was supportive to your ideas and open to change.

Great place to work!!!

I reviewed the Marriott under the McDonald's review space.Like i said it was the best job i ever had.Also, there were a lot of promotional oppertunities. Had it not been for Sept. 11th, I'm sure I would still be with the Marriott.

Nice Company

Nice place to work. Everyone was very helpful and company provide opportunity for growth. Company is growing and expanding in many markets throughout the us.

Great Hotel

The management at this hotel is fantastic. They really care for the staff and for guests. They also provide great personal development opportunities to staff.

Are Director of Operations

Assisted the regional director with procurement, resort trouble shooting, training and site inspections. Working with owners and other General managers with cost control, service enhancements and the like type of work

Pros

Travel, culture, networking

Cons

Marriott is a great company

Marriott International is a superb company to work with. There are a number of benefits that can make an associate continue to work with Marriott.

Great company with great benefits.

Amazing company to work for. Great support from upper management.

10.4K
6.4K
3.4K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Director of Operations