Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Doorman

Found 25 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,195 reviews

It is a good working place for a person who has the ambition to grow within the hospitality industry.

Marriott marquis is a competitive company well managed, professional and a nice environment for any person who want to pursue a career in hospitality.

Very friendly and helpful management

Since I have joined Marriott I've learnt so much things and became a better customer service representative as it was my first step into international brand.

Very friendly staff

It is a pleasure working for Marriott the staff and guests are amazing. Because my name got mentioned a lot I got star of the month which was a bit of a shock because I’m only doing my job.

Very fun place to work

I was valet runner at the JW Marriott, i was able to meet a lot of new people and make great connection. I was able to helpe all types of people from all over the world

I really enjoyed my time at Art Ovation Marriott

The parking situation was not really well thought out. I loved the interior of the hotel and there are many unique aspects of this specific hotel that make it unique.

Employees in your department always have your back.

Working with the department I was in was fun and exiting. The thing is managers in other departments treat you as if they are entitled to more, but always have to know that managers in your department will have your back.

Pros

Work environment is fun

Cons

Never know how busy it will get

Fun, fun fun

If you like to meet people from different walks of life, then this is the job for you. The pay isn't great, but what a fun place to work. Plenty of hours of overtime.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

The apy isn'r the best

great work environment

Working at Marriott has been a wonderful and enjoyable experience. The coworkers are great and I am able to interact with guests from around the world. Management offers support and encouragement.

Pros

benefits, coworkers

Cons

pay and hours

Marriott does not make sure that their hotel managers do a great job. In fact, a lot of these managers are inept. Many of the designs of the hotel are ridiculous and have no thought behind it.

Waste of time

Management are uselsss,treat staff like slaves and make it hard for you to earn tips,the guests are very nice but it is hard to sometimes fill their requirements because of ‘hotel policy’....I had to say NO to guests a lot at this hotel

Pros

Cons

No money

productive and fun work place with with a colloborate team of dedicated workers

fun and exciting meeting and providing hospitality and service. learned how to provide information concerning the city, restaurants, directions to different locations and to make the guest feel comfortable For the most part management was great and the work place culture was always personable The hardest part I guess was not being able to please everyone The most enjoyable part was bring comfort and pleasure to the guest..

Pros

free lunches and discount room rates

Cons

health and vacation benefits

overall Marriott is a great place to work and advance.

managers are trained to train and advance individuals in their career. the hours, pay, and benefits are exceptional, and it's and overall great place to work.

Loved the Hotel

Art Ovation created a type art influenced hotel that really was the first in it's area. It is in the center of the art district of downtown Sarasota and can be a great asset one day to the whole area.

Lot of opportunities, and good environment.

I have had the opportunity to work with a great staff. Management has always been very helpful, and supportive in helping me achieving my personal goals.

Very busy hotel with a great location and staff. Great team to work with and also ability to cross train with other departments to excel more in the hospitality industry.

W's are lots of fun and fair

My experience at the W San Francisco was full of laughter and what felt like freedom. Employees are compensated very fairly and expected to make executive level decisions when providing for the hotel's guests. Employees are trusted and allowed to perform their duties without management hovering over their shoulders.

fast paced enviroment

i cant speak on behalf of all marriotts but the one i worked for didnt have room for more opportunities to grow, typical work day had the short staff overworked and under paid

Fun place

Fun place and easy to work . Short hours low pay . Too many employees work at the same time, and short hours. Parking cars in the winter is bad. Also they make you clean the snow. Not very happy about that.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Late hours

Great Place to work

 Greeted customers as they pulled up to the hotel.  Escorted customers to their hotel rooms  Provided customer satisfaction by providing names of the best restaurants in the area and making reservations for them.  Contacted limousine and town car services for customers that need transportation to and from the hotel and various venues.  Helped customers to navigate through the city by providing directions to different places in the area.

Nice building to work

- the hardest part of the job is the stairs at the entrance. you have to carry every luggage on the stairs and back - nice building to work

fun to be

fun work place and one of the best hotel to stay when am taking my vocation time i always book with marriott and use there employee dicount rate

10.4K
6.4K
3.4K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Doorman