Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Engineer

Found 109 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,123 reviews

productive work environment

handle daily maintenance issues with alot of interaction with customers. I enjoyed working with my fellow co workers and formed lasting friendships as well.

Finger-pointing Environment

Finger-pointing Environment. They can care less about the employee ,they’re all about making money. The pandemic showed their true colors. There is no work and Home balance. Corporate Looks at every angle to take a vantage of their employees. Especially immigrants.

Pros

They provide benefits standard Package

Cons

You are easily replaceable

Bad upper management

Very ego driven management. People who have never worked your job tell you how to do it. We had pointless town hall meetings. Nothing changed. Complaints not listen too.

Pros

Advancement opportunities

Cons

Poor management

Job culture is good.

Overall a good place to work. The pay could be higher for the work you do. Paid holidays and vacation time is a plus. But, there is a very short window to apply for benefits.

I only was with the company for 13 months before I was furloughed.I enjoyed the job, thought I had found my home, then covid struckThe management iny department where great and the people I worked with where friendly, accepting and very helpfulAny other people I interacted with where also great

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Communication bad during furlough

Never in my wildest dream could i believe a job like this existed.a job where get to make people happy.

Marriott International puts us the workers first ...the thought is if the workers are happy the joy will be contagious & will carry over to the guest .and i believe true happiness radiates differently than manufactured mechanicle kindness..... real joy will just flow naturally ....when I ask ia guest is there anything else I can do for you? I mean it, I want to do more for them. Or we would say thanks for choosing Residence Inn ..ment that too.we are a team ...building each other sopporting each other. team = family

Pros

Genuinely care about you. move up from inside the ranks

Cons

only 24 hrs in a day....

Fun and exciting every day

Always learning something new the learning never stops! Great team and support from everyone on the engineering dept everyone is always help ya do friendly

Recommend working here

Great place to work. Benefits are great and are very inexpensive. Flexible with schedules when requesting days off or wanting to go on vacation. Everyone treated equally.

Good company for advancement to other departments levels

At the Westin hotel I learned to worked with others everyday I was there. I learned something new constantly. Great place for personal growth and experience.

Great experience.

I loved going to work each day knowing I would meet great new people and regular customers. I worked with great coworkers and made life long friends. Management does a great job recognising hard working task oriented employees. There are plenty of promotion opportunities.

Jobs at Marriott International, Inc.

Engineer positions
See more jobs

Hotel needs massive renovation , wirkers nit treated equally or appreciated management shows favoritism abusive verbally mentally

Plenty of work to do for the day employees are great . Management does not help or encourage employees unappreciative , treat like servantstrtrlikservants like sla

Friendly environment

Very very friendly and helpful people are working at Marriott, if you're looking for happy and smiling faces you must join at marriott carriers definitely worth a try.

always have to watch your back...supervisor itching to repremand

It is a toxic work environment...more people leave than stay...top 5% of management is all for itself...always had to be watching my back with supervisors.

Excellent

Best job I've ever had. Strongly recommend for those people who wants to most of their life. Friendly environment no stress at all. Very professional management.

Dysfunctional, Cheap

IT Management are utterly incompetent, chasing trends while trying to cut costs, trying to square the circle with outsourcing and offshoring. If you like a frantic and idiotic work environment, this is the place for you.

Wonderful place

Apart from a few individuals in maintenance department the Marriott County Hall was a wonderful place to work for. From HR, to Front of House, Housekeeping , Room Service and the Gym I've met some wonderful people and I miss them...

Excellent Place to Work

Loved working at the Westin/Marriot in Edmonton. Great Maintenance/Operations Dept Crew. Would still be there if we didn't move across the country. :)

I enjoyed working there. I meet a lot of people . They do a lot for their employees . A typical day of work for me was either checking villas that people are checking out of or renting bikes

Good place too work!

The Marriott is a good place to work, with great benefits, and competitive pay. It does seem however that the people who do less get recognized more and rewarded.

Pros

Paid health Insurance

Cons

Not much room for advancement

Work orders pms mechnical equipment reading customer service

Working at the Marriott was a rewarding experience from day one. I will always feel proud to say I worked at the Marriott and am forever grateful for the knowledge acquired while working there. If you have the chance to work there you should feel blessed.

Benefits and paid vacation

The managers went above and beyond for their employees. Paid vacations after a year, holiday bonus, opportunities for advancement. Staff was friendly and worked as a team. Enjoyed working there!

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Engineer
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?