Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Event Assistant

Found 13 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,128 reviews

Productive and excellent place to work

My immediate boss was so very easy to work for. Our team was one of the most efficient teams in the building. We all helped each other and kept each other up to date on what ever project we had.

Good workplace environment with lots of energy

Staging rooms for conferences and events Food and drinks service Good positive vibes from the management and always well staffeNearly always fed and breaks are well regulated. Free staff taxi home after late finishes Opportunities to learn other departments

Customer focus with detail on event operationsj

Group meetings before work began review all work orders asks questions when unsure ask for assistant when needed make sure all work is completed if not leave report on why.

Stressful

Unrealistic expectations. Managers with hidden agendas. Executive team plays political games. Fun is not to be had. The only thing that was worth working there was the discounts. I learned how to use Marriott systems but was also taught that people truly do not have your best interest at heart. The pay is not enough to sustain living expenses.

Here I was in charge of hosting many tables and events, I enjoyed meeting the customers and enjoyed the job. The weather was stunning and the staff and management where great

Pros

Free lunches

Fun Place

I enjoyed interacting with the customers. I would have liked to have gone further but I would have had to take a pay cut to go to another position to get to where I wanted to go. I couldn't afford that.

one day gig

It was only a one day job i so i am incapable of giving a full review of the environment job culture and etc. But the day i did work there it was great.

Managers have it tough.

Managers have to work crazy hours and really don't get paid enough. Hourly associates don't have it so bad but everyone who is good usually gets pushed into a managerial role.

Nice environment to gain experience

Good place to work for students during sixth form or uni, flexible working hours and a friendly environment. Pay is better than you would get at most places which is good.

Fun and different day, everyday.

Working at The Marriott gives you a new experience daily, allowing you to meet and interact with different guests from places all over the world and you get to make their stay special.

Work Hard, No Reward

Expectations from management are unfair, progression is non-existent to hard workers the only way to progress with the company is through making friends in the right places. I have been moved around departments whenever they want because of the lack of hours. Support from management for progression again is completely non-existent. You work crazy hours, in my case some days 13+ hours with as little as 8/9 hours in between shifts. Co-workers at the base level are nice enough some friendly faces. The most enjoyable part of working for the Marriott is clocking out at the end of the day.

Pros

Pays the bills

Cons

Everything else.

Productive/Career Advancement Organization

One of the best company to work and advance your career goals.

Pros

Free Lunch, Discount Parking, Free access to the Health Club/Spa

Cons

Short Breaks

Work with a great Events team.

I work with an excellent team in the Events department. All hard working and with a positive outlook. I enjoy my job but due to lack of job security I am looking for other employment.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Minimal job security

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Event Assistant
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?