Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Event Manager

Found 75 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,123 reviews

Great core values and culture

Marriott really is an amazing company to work for from it's diverse associates, family like culture and the amazing benefits. I have worked for the company for over 15 years and have really enjoyed the amazing people I have met along the way, the memorable and fun opportunities and the incredible hotels I have been able to experience.

Pros

Amazing hotel benefits and discounts

Cons

Average pay

No work life balance

Mixed leadership. Some are phenomenal. Pandemic brought challenges with staffing that the company is not quick to rectify. Better experience prepandemic.

wonderful

great place to work and grow, able to transfer to any locations if you want which is a plus if you like to travel and learn more about other properties. A wonderful company that offers great perks, beniftis.

Known brands

This company had a ton of brands and locations and pretty easy to transfer within. Hard to advance once you reach a certain seniority level. Good benefits.

Not stable

During Covid, every property did what they wanted. Kept people that had no purpose at the job and let go of the ppl that has worked there many years.

Pros

Hotel discounts

Great team atmosphere

I enjoyed my time at Marriott, I met great people and enjoyed my coworkers and my job. The benefits are great, and I enjoyed my property.

Pros

Benifits

If you go to work at Marriott, work for a Marriott managed property.

Marriott itself is a great company to work for. If you go to work at a Marriott, make sure that the management company itself is a good company to work for in your area. The company that manages that property can be horrible to work for even if it is under the Marriott flag. If you can work at a Corporately Managed Marriott, go for it!

Pros

Great Benefits, Great support

Cons

Working with difficult guests can be challenging

Productive and fun workplace

A place where you meet different people and interact with different ways of life. you always had something to do. I enjoyed going to work and the people are fun to work with

Benefits

Cons

Covid 😞

Good experience at the Vienna Marriott Hotel

Payment is fair Old executive team members. Some of them and also staff members are sticking to their chairs since almost 30 years. It id difficult for a new person in the management team to bring new ideas! The Chef is one of them and is not willing to learn something new. Sometimes you have the feeling that the operation team is doing you a favour by doing their job correctly. The dont want to get out of their comfort zone

Pros

Associate benefits

Cons

Stubborn non changing system

Positive work environment

Management is positive and want to help you succeed and progress in your career. It is the hospitality industry so work life balance is not great and you will work long hours.

Pros

Ability to grow, positive work environment

Cons

Work life balance, top leadership is not great at communication, job security

Jobs at Marriott International, Inc.

Event Manager positions
See more jobs

It was like a family when we worked togeher at Marriott, we worked hard but enjoyed what we were doing

I did not like the way they handle the Conoravirus and furloughed the employees. I have been there 19 years and it did not matter how long you had been there and the payout is not great. There are many associates that are very angry with the company.

Rewarding work; but little work/life balance

I love the people I work with at Marriott. You work hard and it's rewarding work. However, the work/life balance is hard to come by depending on what your position is. Burn out is pretty frequent especially in the Event Management world.

Pros

rewarding work; good benifits

Cons

not good work life balance

The Marriott culture is a wonderful mix. You are working with people from all different walks of life and coming together as one unit to provide for our guests is special. Each individual offers a unique asset and really helps the creativity element of making our guests feel special and to continue staying with us in the future.

productive and familial workplace

Supportive management and endless resources to add creativity . Multicultural team that helps in personal development and great work ethics. Proactiveness and initiatives are always welcome.

customer care

customer care and always there for guest needs and supplies and assist associates with their tools and supplies to do the job for our guests, always available for our guests.

Wonderful people and CEO. Innovative and inclusive environment. I made some of my best friends while working there. Really cares about the people who work there.

Productive and fun Workplace

Not the typical same old routine workday. Always something different and fun and yet sometimes challenging. I truly enjoyed the interaction with co-workers and upper management each day and the team environment and how we all tried to make each other the best we can be with our guests and potential customers. I looked forward to interacting with in house guests and the opportunity to sell meeting and event space and execute successful events for those whom were my Clients.

Lots of opportunity to advance

There are so many opportunities within the company to advance. Great for those trying to start a career in hospitality industry. Leadership is very supportive.

Pros

Lots of opportunities to advance

Cons

This is a place where you can grow up since the company give you the opportunity to learn from any hotel area . When I started I was a the front desk area then they gave me the opportunity to move to reservation departament and after a couple of year I started as a event manager .

Pros

Free lunch, employee activities, doctor

Cons

No a great salary

Marriott is an Excellent Company to work for!

I enjoyed my 10 years with the company, Would work for them again in a moments notice! Their dedication to taking care of their associates is second to none.

Great company to work for

It's a great company to work for with great opportunities for growth and development within their portfolio of hotels. A great leader in the global hospitality.

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Event Manager
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?