Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Food Runner

Found 44 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,128 reviews

Really Good Work Environment

Overall I loved working here, even as an entry level worker. The people working here really care about customer satisfaction and of their employees as well. I always looked forward to coming to work as I knew I could always expect something new.

Pros

Friendly coworkers, friendly management, 401k

Cons

Only full-time workers receive benefits, locations tend to be far from home

I loved working here.

I loved working here. The managers and higher ups know you by name and showed that they cared. The only downfall is how hard it was to leave at the time you were supposed to. If there was an event later at night I would find myself there for another two - three hours after my shift ended. If they could work at that this company would be perfect. In conclusion, I think if your a student looking to go into hospitality, Marriot is a great place to start because they will give you the opportunity to move up.

fast paced

good place too work at. many benefits to it especially if you like to travel and stay at their hotels. work life balance is good. work with alot of great people.

is pretty straightforward nothing to complex

Overall it’s a good job to work at for starters and if you need a job ASAP they give you a lot work also good people to work with and very nice with you

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Short breaks

Great!

Marriott is a excellent work environment where they treat the guest like family as well as the employees! Marriott has a team partnership where everyone is successful, due to the fact the encourge one another to be nothing less than there best!

Geeat place to work

I live this employer and they do such a great job and satisfying their customers and they have a friendly environment and they have a very high standard of customer satisfaction

Work life for Lucille

Show up with a smile, do my job the way I should and how I would want to be treated. Make everyone happy and welcomed and show that I want to be there everyday to assist and put a smile on everyone's face.

Not inclusive

Company is not inclusive. Bad experience with managers. Terrible for trans people; no gender neutral restrooms. People don't respect you or treat you seriously.

fast pace quick money

Present menus to patrons and answer questions about menu items, making recommendations upon request fast pace free food for employees tips after every shift

Management sucks

I loved working in the restaurant but management sucked. Usual days are pretty busy but it makes time go by fast. Management tends to put workers against each other. Management picks who they want to advance.

Pros

Pay, benefits of full time

Cons

Jobs at Marriott International, Inc.

Food Runner positions
See more jobs

good place to work,

The marriott was a learning experience.it helped me see a different way of management where productivity and accountability is put forth.The Marriott provide a good health benefit package to most of their associates.More than 15 years after I left i still talk to few of the associates that are working there which prove the good work environment that prevailed.

Productivity

Awesome workplace, friendly employees and very cooperative, manager have excellent leadership at all times, and overall the cleanliness of the establishment is great, well refined.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Short BreakS

A fast paced environment with pretty great co-workers

A typical day started at 6:00 am - 2:30 pm. I was responsible for bussing tables and running food. I occasionally helped out as a server when needed. I found that the 2 veteran servers who worked the morning shifts pretty much got away with doing whatever they wanted up to and including refusing to do what management asked of them. Management made no effort to correct this behavior and it became difficult to work with them as others were left to pick up the slack. the hardest part of this job was the management.

Pros

Cooked meals that weren't on the menu

Cons

Favoritism

My time at the Marriott

The Marriott name covers over 20+ different hotel brands - this gives you a multitude of different places to transfer to and expand. Each property is unique in its own way. My experience at this particular one was great benefits, good leadership and an overall awesome time.

Great summer job and has a fun environment

Clean chairs, tables, and sections for guest. Coordinate food orders to guarantee timely and efficient delivery to guests. Help customers with orders by explaining dishes and drinks and making recommendations as appropriate.

Perfect for students, better for career options

Marriott is an excellent company to work for, in terms of individual employee autonomy and career advancement. Company culture is built to blend between formal and friendly.

Pros

Advancement, many many perks

Cons

Highly competitive, no room for error

Very fun and enjoyable to work

It was fun being able to do three different positions and they were all fun, and great experience. You meet people from all over the world, you get to eat all kinds of food, you get hotel discounts and the best thing about working in food&beverage department are the tips.

Marriott is a great place for the guests, but not for the employees because they hire cheap labor. They just use them to the maximum. The management at the World center Marriott sucks because they are all corrupted while I was there. I would never go back again.

I really enjoyed my time at the Marriott, but in my job position I wasn't making enough (Food Running at one of the hotel's restaurants,) so I was forced to find new employment.

Good College Job

Working in the restaurant as a food runner was great. The night shifts were fun and profitable, of course it depends on your co-workers; working and average of 6 hours a night, making at least $100.00 on average (weekends you would leave with more). Management attitude and skill set vary, some were hands-on and some were pencil pushers. I recommend this job for anyone that is in college and needs to pay their way through school.

Friendly Co workers

Great environment Busy days Bussing tables Running food to tables I learned a lot about the food industry and the hotel industry. I would also work banquets.

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Food Runner