Marriott International, Inc. logo
Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Front Desk Agent

Found 1,436 reviews matching the searchSee all 21,984 reviews

Great Place to work

Great place to work, awesome perks, dealing with guest can be great meeting people from all over. One thing that got to me was that I like to be more active and at times the front desk can be at slow and boring.

Pros

Hotels all over

Cons

Can be slow and boring

Front-desk associate position was great, but it probably depends on location

I worked as a front-desk associate at a Marriott-managed Townplace Suites location. The job is not too demanding once you get a feel for the routine. My location was not particularly high-volume, so there were many additional tasks I was asked to perform that weren't necessarily typical for a front desk associate, but overall I loved my time there. My co-workers and management team were pretty great, but I would imagine that the entire opinion of this position could change drastically if those aspects were different.

Pros

Steady routine

Cons

Unpredictable guests, mediocre pay, varied hours

Productive environment and many opportunities

It was very nice working experience to be able to work at Marriott international which is the most famous hotel brand in the world. Like other jobs there’re always stressful situations but If you are really willing to do and solve in a wise way, I am sure that anyone can enjoy this hotelier job

Pros

Free lunch, discounts

Cons

Short breaks, weekend and holiday work

No , they talk about others. Management very unprofessional

Poor team work. Poor management staff, rude people, not enough housekeepers, do have a bartender, cook,server,breakfast help...none. assistance management has absolutely no experience with front desk associate work at all. She didn't even know the program they used

Pros

Plenty of jobs available. Poor management

Cons

Poor management

Great Place to Start

Great job to work. The company was good overall. They did slot of fun things for employees. It was hard to be social and get to know coworkers because of course you have to be constantly available to take alarms, but they tried to make up for it with doing fun things fo employees. Things like food trucks, free food, and ways to win awards and prizes to keep up morale. Managers were nice and very lenient.

Pros

Free lunch, friendly staff

Cons

Short breaks, big departments

Good workplace just have to deal with the slack of other departments

Can be a good place to work if everything actually runs smoothly. Just have to deal with very needy guests sometimes. Work life depends on management.

Pros

Discounts

Privilege culture

Overload of work that will be highly scrutinized. More often than not, you will be reprimanded for the pettiest of mistakes the more so if your ethnicity is of a certain type in which case you can expect continuous disciplinary actions and write ups.Surprisingly; managerial culture leans to taskmaster style. Management teams are not people with professional training (in hotel management or business) neither multilingual individuals. It can be very difficult to explain to them decisions made based on Accounting principles, or market segmentation. They're not just there neither they are open to listen or learn. Contributions on how to increase financial performance will be lousily shut down by mgmt, only to have them implemented a few month later as mgmt's own process re-engineering.The company expects employees to apologize and be subservient to rude and abusive customers; especially those that booked wrong dates, room type, number of guests, etc. Zero accountability for lazy people who will not contribute to the daily operation, pointing this out will automatically label you as a problematic individual and a non-team player.The hardest thing to learn and witness: ethnicity plays a big role in your performance review and advancement.The most enjoyable part: you meet nice colleagues and there is good camaraderie.

Pros

If you like to travel, employee discounts do make a difference, for good.

Cons

Ethnicity plays a big role in professional growth regardless of credentials

Hectic place to work for

Covid really changed everything. Guests have been horrible at understanding that we are still recovering from a pandemic. They have no problem telling you how it is all your fault and CORPORATE will here about this.

Pros

management team super nice and helpful

Cons

entitled and rude guests

Fun workplace

I was a part of grand opening so it was exciting and fun. The gm is really nice and kind. Helps and answer every questions and needs. Staff are very fun to work with. No drama.

Pros

Good hours

Cons

Location : airport

Not properly trained and thrown into the mix

People were friendly but when I asked for more training I was denied and let go I applied for front desk job and they offered me a handyman job and I did some of the hardest jobs no one ever did very demeaning

Pros

Friendly environment

Cons

No breaks, …not even close to enough training and the whole computer system sucks it’s over 20 years old

Good place good people

Fair management and good company culture. No issues or problems I could report. Every one got their job done and was efficient. Would definitely recommend to others.

Pros

Fun

Cons

Money

Entry level hospitality

High benefits, very low pay for job description, poor management, and total disregard to employees. Best perk discounted hotel stays and free lunch offered. Be prepared to be micro-managed and lack of diversity and inclusion.

Pros

free lunches and discounted hotel stays

Cons

30min breaks

great location / Negativity in the front desk team and management

Resigned before 90 days/inefficient management failed to provide me proper training Informed Manager about issue with difficult PMS/Did not help me. Unfriendly superficial FD play favoritism unprofessional Management & NO EFFECTIVE TRAINING PROGRAM

Pros

Free lunch, business was good so your work hours are safe

Cons

Unprofessional Management, lazy FD Manager, moody Accountant, Filthy front desk & offices

Emphasis on customer service, with customers who do not return the favor

Every property is different I'm sure, but each property I have worked at has had major issues. Working front desk can be thankless and demeaning, especially if you have thin skin like myself. It feels like you are always in the wrong, and even if you do your best to help a guest, there is nothing you can do to make it right. Hotel guests are the most entitled pack of people I have ever encountered, it's difficult to see the bright side to this job. The hotel discount is a great perk, as is schedule flexibility. Marriott does place a great deal of importance on customer service, and in my years with the company I felt like my coworkers and I gave some of the friendliest service around. But the when managers and higher ups don't respect you as people, it's hard to keep that great customer service going. The pay is abysmal (I met my property's cap of $13 within a year) so the benefits do not make it worth it. The final straw for me was the lack of assistance during the COVID pandemic. CEO Arne Sorenson made a big deal about not taking a salary during 2020, to "keep the lights on at the hotels" struggling. But what about your employees who were struggling? The employees that make your company what it is? I didn't feel supported by Marriott, the company that I gave almost a decade of my life to.

Pros

hotel discount, flexible schedule, camaraderie with coworkers who also hate their job

Cons

no assistance during COVID, abusive customers, low pay, unpredictable shift length/difficulty

Great management and place for advancement

I have been working with Marriott for 5 years now and it’s a great place to work depending on your position. There is lot’s of room for advancement and leadership team is great. They help you succeed.

Don’t stay too long

Don’t get comfortable always look for ways to advance. Always try to advance, because working the different shifts will cause you to miss important moments in life

Fun place to work in the city

I worked at Denver Marriott City Center. It was a fun job and group of people. Easy to advance into other jobs. I started at a front desk guest service rep and ended as a recruiter in Human Resources.

Pros

Good people, easy work, tips to help guests to rooms

Cons

Early mornings

Great company

Marrriott is a great company to work with, great co workers, they take good care of their employees, good benefits, vacation time 401k dental vision health care

Overall Good

I was lucky enough to have great management that were focused on company policies and values. They stood up for me when needed and made a great work environment.

Pros

Management, food, discounts

Cons

hours, guests

Great place to work, bad management

I didn't have the best experience there. The system they use is super old and it's easy to make mistakes (so old it's black screen like you are coding), the supervisors were usually rude to help you out or to help with a problem and they usually hire many people and only give them few hours.

Pros

employee discount

Cons

old system, bad management

You can move up within the company pretty fast

Nice place to work. Training was great and if I ever felt lost or confused about anything, someone was willing to help. Also everyone had a real positive attitude which help start the day off right

Pros

Great company to move up in

10.3K
6.3K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Front Desk Agent