Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Front Desk Clerk/Night Auditor

Found 134 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,128 reviews

Standard corporate hotel but can be very lucrative

Standard corporate large hotel but can be very lucrative if you’re successful. The uniforms are kind of ugly and you many times deal with unhappy owners. You have to constantly drive sales super hard in order to meet your quotas. Many times you feel like you’re annoying people.

Pros

Free lunch, short hours, great people to work with

Cons

Low pay, hard work, strict quotas and you have to constantly be “Little Miss Aloha”.

Excellent Company

I truly appreciate Marriott a very fabulous company that takes great care of there staff, customers internally externally. Great benefits, great travel discounts and stays all over the world. Great meeting spaces, great market items for the guest. Fresh rooms and excellent bistros, complimentary breakfast and dining for guests while traveling.

Great work environment

With the amount of guests that came through the property, (Mostly Families), you're able to meet many new people and repeat guests become close friends as they continue to stay at the hotel. While those without much social experience might be taken back at how much talking this job requires, it's fairly easy to get the hang of things and it'll help your socialization skills grow.

It was a great experience.

Overall great place to work. Coworkers were great. Management was very supportive in FD improvements and promotions. There was never a time where i felt out of place.

Good place to work, fast paced

Great place to work, the people were nice and as long as you are good at customer service and communication you will be fine. The only issues I had was my schedule, which I picked of course, but unfortunately after a while my body couldn't handle 3 day shifts and two overnight audit shifts.

I hated the property

Working at this one property it eventually became like shooting crabs in a barrel. Everybody trying to one up everyone else. Everybody wants to be in charge, but nobody wants to do the work. Management doesn't care about if the work is done right or the employees are trained to do the job right. They only care about making the majorly abusive and rude customers happy and giving things away for free

Good part-time work

This job is good for getting extra income and the management I had where I worked were really good, but most of the problems we have come from our franchise ownership company aimbridge, who would often not provide us with the materials or personnel to do our jobs correctly because they were trying to save as much money on overhead as possible. Marriott as a whole has some good policies, but often the day to day aspects of how the property is run is often determined by who owns the property.

A typical day at work

It's great to be a people person and it's great to travel for discounts I love to dress and impress and meet people worldwide it was my favorite job!!

great company

great to be around people and different types of people able to be hands on and learn management skills and how to run a hotel its very great to work for them

Culture driven success.

Working at Marriott it's all about putting the guest first and making each individual person that walks through the door feel it's all done for them. One must always try to add that personal touch to every interaction, creating a rapport that keeps guests coming back.

It was a good place to work

the job was fairly easy. I like working here because I met all kinds of people. The job is fair and you get a great discount. The managers were great and easy to get along with.

Pros

Easy job

Cons

no benefits

Stressful

The shifts seemed long, the second shift (3pm-11pm) was especially difficult with no management, housekeepers, or maintenance on site after 4-5pm. The pay was very low and you were almost never treated properly by guests or management. I was repeatedly called after midnight because of minor issues or called very early in the morning. The pay was barely above minimum wage at the time and was only at most a $0.25 raise that was competitive against the other front desk associates. Night audit was ok just tiring.

The ideal company to work for in Hospitality Industry

Marriott is the ideal company to work for in the hospitality industry. It is a company with incredible core values, benefits, and overall opportunities for growth worldwide.

Fun place when everything was working properly

When everything was working properly it was agood place to work at, just as long as you kept to yourself and stayed away from the drama that was going on

Marriott is a good brand

Marriott overall is a good brand. Memphis hospitality needs a task force. The brand is suffering in the city because of the employees that are hiring unqualified ppl.

Fun work place

I worked as a night auditor and loved the time I had to do thing's i needed to do in the middle of the night, the only problem in working there was my health was shot from the late night shifts and that was a me thing so it was a great time over all

stressful

they could not keep employees. way to much drama. people around there like to accuse you of things. the accounting manager accused me of steeling the bank. when he called me he right away said to return it and was going to the police by this time the same day. i worked over nights so i didnt get the call before i woke up half hour to the dead line and i never stole it. it was sitting on the managers desk and never even bothered to ask her for it....

Good job, great ppl to work with

I like the night audit position but wished I had more training on checking in procedures. The people I work with are great to work with. Not much interaction with people during the over night.

Awesome company to work for

I was there several years and really enjoyed it. I just wanted to change careers so I Begin to work part time shortly after at my new job I was promoted therefore I had to cut my hours at Marriott then I was booted by the GM and was told they no longer needed a part timer😔

Great company to work for part-time.

I love working for this company because I meet so many people and we have great conversations. I love meeting new folks and i offer great customer service.

Pros

Discount rooms.

Cons

No benefits for being part-time

Worst management I’ve ever had

Management never communicated with the workers unless it was for reprimand of being absent. Due to old management starting 3 weeks after I started it took me 2 months to get them to acknowledge that I was hired FT. Management never had time to tell you of changes that were occurring as we were moving towards a Starwood system. Due to this change I only received 1 week of training as they focused on getting Starwood approval versus good up front customer service. If reservation line called to complain on behalf of a member they always let it go to voicemail and I have no idea if they ever responded to customer needs.

Pros

Discount on bistro

Cons

Management never around

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Front Desk Clerk/Night Auditor