Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Front Desk Receptionist

Found 200 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,123 reviews

One of the best places to work.

I had the best experience working for Marriott Hotels. I would recommend anyone working for them. Great benefits.

Pros

The best ever to work for

Cons

No Con's

Unrewarding and unorganized

I was accepted the job under false pretenses and I was not granted the hours I would be working nor the pay. This place is extremely desperate for people and I see why they have such a high turn over rate, you're over worked and under paid at this hotel and whatever you are promised is not what you get.

Pros

$45 discount at any hotel

Cons

Management, hours, pay, work

Flexible and great benefits

I have worked 3 years for Marriott and enjoy it. They are very friendly and flexible with my schedule. Training was fun and managers are always available.

Pros

Team players

Front desk

Not a great long term position. They underpay their employees and the hours are crazy. They want you to be super flexible but not pay you properly. I would not recommend working here unless you really need a job.

Decent job

Working here was fun, no opportunity to move up. Not much to do about scheduling or lack of hours. They try their best. Upper management is not very involved.

Pros

flexiable hours

Cons

no growth

Loved It!

I worked for this company for about 7 years and I really enjoyed it. Everyone was always friendly and willing to help if you ever needed it! It is in a great location as well.

Good place to work if you dont mind people

Fun place to work good environment most the time. Good fair pay depending on where you're located. They are pretty flexible if you need time off. Very professional if you work front desk though it's very relaxed so if you like hard work I'd go somewhere else

Pros

Good environment, easy

Cons

Slow work sometimes

Productive and Great Coworkers

I enjoy working at the Marriot. Working at a hotel is always going to be busy, but everyone I met have been friendly, helpful and encouraging. HR is extremely helpful and everyone wants to see each other thrive. I work front desk and love interacting with guests, even though some are rude.

Pros

Free food at hotel restaurant, great coworkers, discount stays

Cons

Very busy at times with guests. Some guests could be rude and impatient

it was okay

it was okay and very mediocre. very few co workers that i liked and a lot of them seemed very fake, but it paid well so that is all that mattered at the end of the day.

Family instead of work!!

Over 20 years and multiple jobs in Gaylord Marriott I still love working here!! Majority of Management are really there for you! Front Desk rocks!! I should havr stayed here!

Pros

Free Lunch, Discounts

Cons

Work weekends

Stay Away

My experience from Marriott's have been great until working at the one on East Bill Morris Parkway. Management is rude and horrible..only care about themselves

Pros

nothing

Cons

treated as a slave

Fun place to work

I enjoyed working here, meeting new people and the coworkers here at the hotel are all so friendly! We all worked together to provide top notch service to all guest.

front desk

minimal support, no reason to trust peers, some of the most ridiculously incompetent direct managers i have seen, undervalued and not a great place to work

Fun

Fun work environment! Such a great opportunity to grow professionally, with a wonderful work-life balance. Although I no longer work here, I think back on my time here fondly.

just don’t work here

managers suck and don’t care about employees. half of the staff doesn’t do their jobs and the other half breaks their back trying to pick up the slack and end up quitting.

Pros

marriott discount

Cons

no overtime, no managers, no proper training, hours that swap every other day

Fun workplace

Fun at first, you meet new people and get a decent discount at any marriott around the world. Your family and friends also get a discount. This is a perfect workplace for a college student or a freshly graduate

Pros

Room discount

I love Marriott family! It is my house for the last past 22 yrs

I would love to back with my family and do what I love !! Take care my guest !!!! It is very interesting work with many culture and learn! The space working with the company is fantastic ! Company help the employee as much they can !

Pros

Cons

Everything perfect

Management doesn't encourage learning

Management keeps people at bay by not teaching and encouraging advancement. You are treated like a child most of the time, despite if you have a college education.

Great hotel culture. Enjoyable to work with all department staff and management. Recommend for all entry level hotel associates as a starting point for hotel career.

Pros

Great company perks and discounts. Lots of openings at other properties.

Cons

Low pay. Management can be biased.

Amazing company to work for

Working for Marriott was an experience I’ll never forget. It allows so many in house growth opportunities. So long as your willing to learn the field. I loved getting to know the variety of cultures that go in and out the doors of Marriott.

Pros

Variety

Fun workplace with great coworkers

Fun workplace with great coworkers but not many opportunities to get promoted and general managers don't really care about the staff unless they need their reviews to get better so they give you gift cards once every two years.

Pros

Work schedule, Pto

Cons

Very few opportunities to get promoted.

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Front Desk Receptionist
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?