Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Front Office Manager

Found 130 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,135 reviews

Duplicate review

Marriott International is a fun and exciting employer. No day is ever the same.

Bad management

Co-workers were fine. Guests are rude but that the hotel business. Management team is incapable to say the least. No way to advanced pass hourly manager.

Pros

Co-workers

Cons

10-12 hour days. No shift differential. Must work all 3 shifts.

Great growth opportunity from within.

A company that can give you a lot of opportunities to build your career with passion. Great benefits that will make you will that you are an integral part of this Icon in the Hospitality Industry. Very diverse working environment.

Great personal growth opportunities

Great employee benefits and personal growth opportunities. Opportunities to travel for trainings and task force. There are a lot of e-learnings and system trainings available for self improvement.

If you have a passion for customer service, this will fit you

I enjoyed my stay at the Residence Inn. But with new management, there is also a new culture established, and I believe I do not fit hand in glove with the current culture.

Working independently

Sometimes it can be fun when there are others there but when you are on your own it can be a little boring. If the right team of workers ar there is it a great place to work

Pros

progression if you work hard

Cons

short breaks or none at all. Terrible pay

Marriott has helped me learn and grow in my career.

A typical day at work involves assuring that all guests are taken care of and all departments are constantly communicating. Reporting to the GM about daily statistics, directing staff, scheduling and taking care of our market and banking are an every day task. I have learned to be a strong leader and look at situations from all sides to help create a positive work environment where all team members are heard and valued. The hardest part of the job is finding enough employees to cover all shifts and complete all required trainings, although it does get done. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting challenges head on and seeing positive results. I like to see my employees succeed and grow. I love the hospitality industry and it brings me great joy to see guests return to the hotel because they felt taken care of.

Appreciate everything the company offers

I really believe that Marriott is a great company that deals with its employees with respect, job security and advancement and also training are essential to ensure managers and associates are trained properly. 10 years with Marriott I have received over 400 hours of training, their philosophy is very simple Take care of associates and they will take care of customers

One of the cultures in Customer Service

Training in Customer Service is excellent and the best training on how to deal with Customer issues. I think there Culture in this makes the Marriott Brand the best Hotel industry in the world.

Diversity could be better

Overall make the most out of it smile, stay positive and enjoy your time with the company take advantage of all things there, the peiple the travel ,the pay.

Jobs at Marriott International, Inc.

Front Office Manager positions
See more jobs

Working at Marriott had teach me a lot about the hospitality industry. As the biggest hotel chain in the world, it is our responsibility to ensure we fill all guest and employees expectations.

Great company to work for

Marriott is truly a family oriented business. Many of their business practices include the needs or our guests and families.If you are looking for a company to invest your time and experience, Marriott is the place for you!

Better pay needed

My work/life balance is pretty good. I work morning shifts during the week most weeks although sometimes I am asked to work weekends. Pay could be better especially for someone with previous experience.

Problem solving skils required

Great Company for people who love to work in challenging environment. High quality service with extremely busy time management. Perfect pleace for people who are able to resolve problems creatively.

Unsave environment

A typical day would have a front office meeting with staff at 9am. Communicate with all the head departments about issues and/or potential issues with the property or guest.

Pros

staff

Cons

area of the hotel

I loved working for Marriott, they have a great culture, and they are truly the best hotel brand. i was given amazing opportunities to learn so many r

Management at Marriott, are very outgoing and will do any everything in the best of their ability to make sure you succeed, and also as far as the work environment, it is a great environment, different areas to sit, which makes it a lot easier to ask questions if needed to do so.

Pros

Various job opportunities within a strong Company

Cons

Short breaks, lunches, somewhat flexible to an extent

Can be fun but stressful at sometimes, thats hospitality in general.

I was with the company for 3 years, I truly enjoyed it for the most part. As for growth I found it to be unfair sometimes. It always seemed if you rubbed elbows with the right people in the corporate office you moved up. Which I found very uncomfortable and unfair. Just a simple front desk employee but corporate had me training GM's and AGM's. When confronted about moving forward the area manager would always put aside my request. Even after putting in my time into the company and still training managers and assistants for them with no pay increase at all. I stayed devoted to the company until management failed me after many months of requesting to fix my hours. They threw me under the bus to corporate to save there own selves. Definitely a sad experience for me. I loved my job

Pros

Discounts and creating bonds with guests

Cons

Management and Corporate behaviors

Put people first

my typical day at Marriott is fun and lot of challenges the hardest part of my job is people and how to manage the team to achieve our goal i have learned so much from the company

Pros

career path

Cons

work life balance

High School

A lot of the employee-management interaction was a lot of high school gossip. They loved talking about other people and make fun of them. People with children got what hours they wanted via people who could work anytime. Too many people hired for part-time than full-time. Address are important and doing other peoples testing, they need to do that themselves.

Exceelent Place to work

Great benefits Great management and work life balance An environment dedicated to employee growth Great Pay Opportunity for Advancement within the company

Members Benefits

Members are being rewarded very well, which is the only reason there are more members holding Marriott Card. This program is not only for the Hotel guest; it also applied to the employee as well.

Pros

Points

Cons

high demand

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Front Office Manager