Marriott International, Inc. logo
Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for General Manager

Found 113 reviews matching the searchSee all 21,984 reviews

A good company to work for. They provide great training.

A typical day was 10 hours long, preparing, cooking, and serving food. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fast pace and the challenges of keeping up. The most difficult part was working under-staffed. Overall loved all the people that I worked with. Most of the upper management was fair and supportive.

Marriott International - the best career for 33 years! Its been a wonderful journey!

Its been a wonderful journey! I love what I get to do and the people I get to work with and meet everyday! If you don't want a job and you want a career - Marriott is the company for you!

Pros

Longevity, endless opportunities

Cons

Great company culture with corporate Marriott. I loved my manager and my peers. Hospitality can be stressful but also exciting. Great benefits, fair compensation but you do have to ask for it

Hotel work is for the adrenaline junkie,

I didn't work directly for Marriott, so tried to key my answers to my position rather than the company. Marriott is a good solid company, if you can function well under pressure you will be OK.

Pros

Never a boring day

Cons

Lots of hours

Well intentioned leadership

Unfortunately the reality of running a hotel post Covid is not the dream job you want. Economic shifts have created a labor shortage and supply chain issues are stressful.

Cons

Understaffed, underpaid

Marriott is a big surprise

With considerable experience in the industry managing a Marriott hotel was a big surprise. The brand's expectations don't reflect reality and their systems are some of the oldest I've ever seen. It seemed every task with the brand took more time then we had.

Pros

Hotel Discounts

Cons

Antiquated systems

Worked as much as you can and get paid nothing

Salaried employees, they treated you like a slave!!! I have worked for over a2 years and literally, I work 24/7 non-stop... Employees will call you at any given time during the day!!!

Pros

Cons

worklife balance

Great Company

Great company with awesome benefits, Marriott really fosters taking care of their employees. The company cares about your growth, and wants you to succeed.

Great place to work to grow, develop and succeed. Met several friends that will last a life time. Plenty of great times social events and so on. HIghly

Great people, but hours are long

When in F&B Management, expect to work many more hours than you are getting paid for. People that work there are mostly great. Benefits are awesome. That is the one thing that I will miss the most.

Jobs at Marriott International, Inc.

General Manager positions
See more jobs

Great work enviroment

The management company I worked for was amazing. They were very supportive and willing to work with employees and Guest as needed. They offered a good benefit package as well.

Pros

Hotel discounts for vacations

Cons

On call 24/7

A positive Job Culture

The Job Culture is what you make it as the General Manager so create a positive productive environment for your team and yourself. This is the only way to help yourself and your team grow and thrive.

Excellent company

Great company culture and great place to work opportunity to advance in a variety of disciplines Marriott has a spirit to serve its associates , guests and community

Review

Day to day operations, scheduling, P&L, payroll. Marketing seasonally for special events. Weekly training with staff on new items and continued education. Inventory and additional new products.

Excellent. Worked at 16 different hotels. Had a great experience. I highly recommend this career. I really appreciate learning the business of the hospitality industry. At Marriott you have the ability to pick your job path. It is a great company that still believes in good work and dedication.

Martiott is the Best

Best hospitality company. Pay is not always the best but the hotels are top notch. Marriott does things right and looks out for the guests in ways they don't even know.

No this should make no difference to my looking for a job and I prefer not to answer question. I worked for Greystone Hotels which owned the Marriotts.

Great work environment

Marriott was a great place to work and you really learn about the company and their history. I was able to learn about the Marriott family and what they are all about and how it relates to daily life in the hotel.

good overall

very organized company. I was employed by Starwood in France and they moved me to Washington DC after 2 years. Nice internal promotion working for an exciting brand

Mr. Marriott’s values build a strong ethical culture

I have been with Marriott hotels in some fashion since I was 19 and in college. I agree whole heartedly with Mr. Marriott’s core values that if managers and leaders take care of their associates the associates will take care of the guests and the guests will take care of the revenue of a hotel.

A Changing Company

Its not the same company now that a Marriott is not running the show. The original philosophy of its founder is still talked about but not in practice. There is to much focus on the bottom line. Work/ life balance is not balanced as their GMs are asked to do more with less every year while the company cuts benefit for all management, especially GM's and higher.

10.3K
6.3K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • General Manager