Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Host/Hostess

Found 158 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,123 reviews

a fun place to work in

A typical day at work would involve receiving, stocking and checking the inventory, prepare the breakfast buffet, refill breakfast buffet and coffee pots, assist guests with their seatings, welcome guests into the restaurant with a warm genuine smile. the hardest part of the job was trying to accommodate many guests at the same time when it gets extremely busy. the most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with guests from different cultures and backgrounds. I have learned how to place online food orders for the entire hotel, be a team player and assist others when restaurant operation was slow.

Pros

good montary benefits and cool working environment

Cons

stressful work load as I had to do so many tasks because of staff shortage

Doesn't pay enough

Very clickish workplaceAnd you're expect to complete room cleaning and a time that's not possible. If your manager is not your best friend you will not succeed

Pros

Early morning shifts

Cons

Not enough pay backstabbing employees

Great company

I enjoyed working here. I had great benefits and discounts on rooms anywhere in the world. They really care about their workers . I feel the pay was great and they took care of me there .

Pros

Free lunches and discounts

Cons

Lots of rules

A luxury brand

Worth to enjoy the workforceIn the past working experience, I was employed at the Ritz-Carlton. The experience taught me to know more on people/humans. Overall, it is an unexpected experience for me to work with, and build up my own (future).Somehow simple words can be the best describe to everything.

Pros

Standards, Strict

Focus on Employees learning and growth

Manager's are quite helpful to help team members for their Individual growth. As a culture they promote cross training, in house web training etc.

Good experience

Super good experience, management perfect, workers always available for help, good benefits and salary. I really recommend because for me was awesome experience.

Pros

Salary, benefits, management

Marriott Intl

● OverallI absolutely loved working here. The pay and benefits were amazing! The hours were flexible. You get to meet so many people from all over there world too. They offer you tons of training if you need it or want to move around within the hotel. The bar is high and can be draining at times. Hospitality is only if you’re a people person.

They took care of us like a family

they took care of us like a family, with good healthcare provider, a plane ticket going home and coming back after you completed 2 years, and a paid one month vacation.

Pros

free accommodation, transpo, and work food

Cons

a little salary

Nice events!

I enjoyed being around a diversity of people and some lovely events and people. I liked being dressed everyday and greeting the customers and hotel patrons.

Unfair work place

MARRIOTT claims to have an open door and no retaliation policy, but they protect the wrong doing and punish the etchical employees. Marriott Marquis has an extremely high turnover. There's lots of backstabbing. Managers and supervisors gossip about employees and actually start rumors. Most supervisors have minimal training. Most of the management team is sleeping with their employees and they can be very disrespectful. P

Pros

Health Benefits

Cons

No real leadership.

Jobs at Marriott International, Inc.

Host/Hostess positions
See more jobs

Co- workers become tight knit

If its not for the loyalty of your coworker, the job would not be worth it. Management at the Marriott Marquis plays on people trying to get a head. In doing this they make life in this building hard for everyone. People come in and are told they can be management, just by looks. They hardly know what they doing. They are placed over people that are more qualified for the job. Which causes a problem. Now your supervisor find you to be a threat an attempt to release you of your job. We have allot of this going on. And HR turns there heads to this matter.

Nice place

Nice place. Good people. I liked everyone I worked with. They were not very flexible with hours, they try to act like it but not really. They turnover rate is high

it was a great experience

as a hostess in the Marriott hotel i was in charge of keeping the guest happy by welcoming them with a smile, most of the customer were rude in that area as well as the staff

Hospitality is awesome. But welcome to the days of our lives story that u watch with grandma.lol

This is a secondary. College job when working in the restaurant. I think great customer service skills should get paid more.. I had an associate that was in front desk. And man she was amazing . Come to find out she was only getting paid 8 bucks n some change..like no she needs 13 but 11.50 would have been great for her she was spectacular. I was in room service. Banquet cool also

It was a healthy working environment, A good experience and they bring out the best in me.

This Hotel Compnay is one of the best company not only here in the philippines but all around the world. Based on my experience while i'm working in this hotel company their management was very professional and nice to their employees. Being a Host/Receptionist in that compnay was a great oppurtunity for me because I've got a chance to work in a prestigious hotel and as well as the Managers who are very professional towards their job. My managers taught me to engage with guests problems and conecerns they trained me very well for me to assist the guests properly and to give them the best service ever. Sometimes there are a lot of guests who had a lot complains and difficult to please but with the help of my manager's advice I can resolve the guests issue by talking and explaining to them nicely. Overall this compnay is the best and it helps me build my self confidence and trust to myself.

Pros

Free Lunch, Hotel Discounts

Cons

Overtime, Good Salary

Very Fun Place to work

A typical day at work was always fun, you meet guests from different backgrounds and cultures. Learning was limitless the staff and management team never hesitated to show something new. The absolute best part was the culture, The company prides itself on taking care of the associates who will in turn take care of the guest whom will come back that's the TRUE definition of Spirit to Serve. For me there wasn't a hard part pf the job really. I loved what I did so it was not hard for me.

Pros

everything about the company

Cons

short lunch breaks lol

Fun Workplace

I enjoyed every part of this job. I had many roles such as bartender, snack bar attendant, deli cook, and line cook. I also trained all the new employees.

Worst job I’ve ever had.

I was harassed by my manager and the hr department did nothing about it until 2 days until my last day. They don’t care about their employees, but they’ll go to war for their management. Like letting their drug addict managers go on leave instead of firing them like they would do to regular employees. Don’t waste your time here. At least not in Louisiana.

Pros

Good pay, good healthcare

Cons

Literally everything else

A company that's all about making guest experiences the best they could be.

Average days consist of being a host at the restaurant and making sure everyone is happy and taken care of. Being a host has made me learn alot about guest services and the responsibility to balance and multitask many things professionally. Management is pretty good. All managers as far as i'm concerned always make sure that both guests and employees are happy and taken care of in the best of standards. The workplace environments themselves can be very easy paced or challenging depending on the situation of what's happening at the Marriott. For example: weekends are busy so the workplace is always fast paced and sometime sophisticated. Some of the hardest parts of the job is multitasking on the weekends when guest come flooding in and we have make sure they're seated and taken care of in the Marriott standard ways, which can be pretty challenging at times. Overall the most enjoyable experiences I have is that I get to make all of the guest happy and seeing them have a good time make me have a good time, especially when i'm considered by Marriott themselves very entertaining.

Pros

Flexible Hours and Shifts

Cons

Lack of Advancement Opportunities and no Medical or Dental Benefits

Fun workplace

while working at the Marriott I had fun, I was able to meet many different kinds of people, and I loved my manager, she was very kind and understanding and very relatable.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

N/a

management is bad

Not the best place to work. Always changing your schedule last minute and never wanted you to work where you were comfortable or enjoyed. Not the best hours.

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Host/Hostess