Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Hotel Manager

Found 22 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,123 reviews

Great company to learn hospitality well ,wonderfull training ,they invest in thier emplyees

Worked for the company for over 20 years ,one day I was let go without any reason , have done so much for the company overcame a failure of 4 years brand standard before I took off and at the end I was told to leave for no reason.

Pros

Great company to grow with and gives you a wonderful future

Cons

They willlet you go wothout any notice and don't even mke right for you when yhey let you go

Creativity with the work environment, older product to work with

Open door policy, positive workplace environment, good location Challenging to work with an older product at the time and being creative to create a positive guest experience

W Insider Manager

As the W Insider Manager I oversaw Concierge and Experience to perpetuate W Hotel's culture. It was a great learning experience to flex my creativity skills through brand values.

I love working for Marriott

Oversee the implementation of all property and equipment repairs and preventative maintenance, monitor life safety systems. Oversees and ensures that the administration of the department is in compliance with all corporate and brand standards and all federal, state and local laws. Responds in a courteous and timely manner to all guests' questions, complaints or requests. Performs maintenance and repair work on the interior and exterior of building, hotel rooms and contents, laundry and kitchen/refrigeration equipment, lighting, heating/air conditioning (HVAC) ventilation. scheduling vendor, worker for the work that needs to be done

I enjoyed working for Marriott Hotel for 35 years!

I worked in ten different properties for Marriott hotel and three different brands! I worked in food and beverage and housekeeping department. I enjoyed my time and experience in this Company. I have many string skills working for the hotel and have a great customer relations skills.

Great company

Loved working for Marriott; excellent company to learn new skills, great working culture., excellent resources to learn and develop your career. Excellent benefits and working environment

Strong Company to work

Marriott has strong name in sector. You can easily access all the equipment and arguments to do your job. However no commitment to staff as much as Starwood.

Pros

Training and development platforms nice

Cons

the balance of work and private life is very difficult

Friendly place to work

Busy place to work with plenty of opportunities for training and self improvement. Management have an open door policy and are approachable. Many different roles to suit different people's requirements and availability.

Pros

Employee hotel discount programme and free lunches

Cons

Need a car to get here as it is quite remote

N/a

Doing valet at the Westin/Sheraton hotel is a very good job if you need to make extra cash, but as of lately, service has been a lot slower at the current hotels.

productive and well management

Fast tempo, requires a lot of the individual, each each is something new. Over all good place to work be readying to work hard. The management was fair, push you to do better and ask a lot of the worker

Jobs at Marriott International, Inc.

Hotel Manager positions
See more jobs

Super good job. Made it to manager

Review? Good job. Loved it. Super good experience. Can't say enough how much I enjoyed the experience. Who know maybe if I stayed I'd be a general manager by now. That would be excellent sbout right now.

Pros

Ability to rise up the ranks

Cons

Look after overall of hotels operations and renovations

I feels after almost 2 years of taking a short break. I need to find a job to make my life getting more valuable and still full with energy to return to hospitality business. Working with international chain hotel has gave us opportunity to learn more with their core values. , people oriented and more opportunity for a better career.

Pros

Meals, medical care, gas and telephone allowance, etc

Cons

Family

Beautiful Resort in an amazing location. The hardest part of the job is the demanding guests. The employees are like a family. The company really cares about you.

Pros

Beautiful location

Cons

very busy

Good, friendly staff, good infrastructure, satisfactory.

Morning breakfast operation is heavy. Difficult part is to handle waiting. I learned guest interaction, guest dealing, learned about types of cusine, service standard, improved comunication skills. Salary is not satisfactory that is why not pleased with management. Hardest part is long hours shift with no over time. Enjoyable part is friendly staff.

Pros

Friendly staff, free food

Cons

long hours with no over time

productive work place

- organizing meetings - reviewing reports - analysing data/ results - setting an action plan for underperforming hotels - I learned how to manage my own time, deal with strict deadlines - sending calendar invites - the hardest part is time difference with North America and Asia Pacific as we are on a different shifts - the most enjoyable part of my job is having contact with people around the globe

Pros

hotel discounts

Cons

time difference

Versatile environment

At a resort you have the flexibility of transferring to different departments and gaining a tremendous amount of experience in different fields. Starwood invests in its people and I was honored to have received lots of training to help propel my career as a trainer.

Pros

Free lunch, free parking, great employee benefits

Cons

Poor hours

gone but resonates with my customer service side

I loved the Philadelphia Marriott Hotel on City Line Ave. They changed hand years ago with Dunfey/Omni Hotels. It was always busy and lively.

Pros

free breakfast, buffet style and transportation to airport

Cons

none that I recall

Great company to work

Great company to work with. Excellent training and education programs for associates for all levels. Excellent and sophisticated soft wares. Excellent guest loyalty systems.

Good work place ready for promotion and more of a challenge

I would rather talk about this job and company in person. I have worked here for 7 years with no growth, I do not feel appreciated.

Nice properties

Beautiful properties. Strong commitment to customer service. Business oriented. Amenities managed well

Strong culture, integrity

Guest Experience paramount, staff well-being close second, quality .administrative support.

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Hotel Manager