Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Housekeeper/Laundry

Found 90 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,123 reviews

Very interactive job

If you like to stay busy on the job and interacting with different people, this is a good job for you. Managers are very hands on and willing to work with you

Best used as experience for another employment

Only great thing were the benefits.Department lead love loves to tease, berate,and talk down to workers to get things done faster!This place is like a revolving door. Almost every department had a constant turnaround!

Benefits

Free lunch

Poor management, they only pick their friends for promotions, employee of the month etc , Human Resources seems like she’s afraid of housekeeping manager , the work and job is easy it’s management that makes you not want to wirk there

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Poor management

Easy but understaffed

● Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Marriott International, Inc. is little to no social life. Long hours with tons of rooms to clean. Managers are sneaky and talk behind your back. Coworkers are pretty good if they decide to come in that day.● Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Marriott International, Inc. isn't enough for the workload or what you put up with.

This is a very nice company to work for..

This job likes people who are willing to work very hard, be on time for you work shift, Be willingly to do some overtime if needed. Also you must have a neatness in there appearance..

I enjoyed certain things

I enjoyed my discount and so.e co-workers that's about it. I also enjoyed knowing if I moved I could switch locations but I hated management so very unprofessional.

Be careful of franchisees

Horrible GM and then owner turned hotels over to his daughters and their husbands. The son in law I dealt with was arrogant, dismissive and simply weird. Taking me into his hotel room to discuss hotel business and mentioning his underwear. Uncomfortable at the best. GM surrounds himself with young gullible women, if you question anything...look out!

Enjoy the co-workers

The girls that I worked with were awesome, the customers that stayed in the Hotel were easy to please. The General Manager was not a people person, but the Asst. General Manager made up for her, she and still is awesome...Worked in Marriott in Foxboro MA.

Poor

It's not the Marriott family it's the general manager and housekeeping boss ...you do 17 rooms they want you done in 5 hours ..they are terrible boss's no lunch no break's please don't ever work at the one in Fairfield Marriott in Pittsburg pa please there only 4 employee everyone keep quitting

wow

this job was fair to me at all. I had lost some loves ones last year starting with my father, mother, and my younger son. I was going through a lot at the time. some of the workers were very passionate but they had their picks and their favorites.

Good place

Everyone is respectful. The rooom are very nice and comfy just another typically work day. The pool area is the most comfy of the hotel. it's easy work but I won't want to work there again.

Houseman

typically include removing soiled bedclothes and remaking the bed with clean ones, vacuuming the room and hallways, mopping the floor, cleaning and sanitizing the bathroom and replacing toiletries and towels. They also respond to guest requests and help provide customer service.

This job

Its a job for people that know how to do fast pace and don’t mind clean doo doo bleep toilets and dealing with people don’t want you to clean there room for 2 weeks and the done messed up the room and they still want you to clean 45 minutes maximum Also double bed rooms should be at lease some more time and putting time on the sheets is pressure bull. Everybody’s not the same and don’t feel the same so don’t thing your going to get the same action out of people

It's not an easy job doing housekeeping and laundry

Working at the Marriott's not easy is a hard-working I just got so many experience by doing housekeeping work and for I was working there I was doing home health care work I'm taking classes CPR classes I'm in a different things about charging so I have some type of experience

My experience at Marriott

It was wonderful to work with a different group of people every day and doing different things around my work place. It was a great start to go into a new field of work. This was my first cleaning job and now I am working at Merry Maids cleaning people’s houses which I got to learn since I had experience. This Marriott helped me get my foot in the door.

Marriott itself is good.

But your own hotel is run by a different company and the company I work under for Marriott is a joke. They do offer benefits and you do get paid time off. During winter schedules get cut because business is slow.

Union vs Non Union Workplace

For myself, a union hotel is a lot different and less desirable place to manage associates. New laundry washers were purchased and did make it a lot better for hotel production.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Long hours, not appreciated, union

Poor workplace.

Very poor place to work. Poor management. Housekeeping and laundry understaffed and expected to do a 2 person job alone. Management is very cheap. Would recommend to not waste your time applying.

Pros

Non

Cons

Lack of hours, poor pay, very hard physical work. Poor managment, they do not care to slove problems which is evident in their high turn over rate.

Productive work place

The work days were productive. Some days were stressful and some were laid back. management was always adjustable to my needs. The hardest part of the job was to complete tasks by end of shift. The most enjoyable part of the job was being part of a team.

Pros

good quality of work made customers return

Cons

low pay

The team here tries to provide a fun, safe work environment, however, there does very much seem to be favoritism in play.

I enjoyed my time at Courtyard. However shortly after my year mark the leadership team made a decision I found highly questionable. A 10yr team member was let go over a situation that management said the team member was in when they were not. I seen them loyal mattered not to the managers

Pros

Staff luncheons every few weeks.

Cons

Interference from other departments

not a good work enviroment

Poor mangment, unstablework place, unfriendly staff, not enough pay for your work, uncaring staff, healthcare taken, overall I would not recommend this place for anyone to work at.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

healthcare

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Housekeeper/Laundry