Marriott International, Inc. logo
Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Housekeeper

Found 1,513 reviews matching the searchSee all 21,984 reviews

Its more fun working here at Courtyard by Marriott at Kuwait City

It's awesome to work in this company as food and accommodation are free. Plus accommodation is only few minutes walk from the working place. Ever since I joined this company it benefited me as I can send few amount at my home. Above all I got many experiences by working here. I'm just a housekeeping attendant but learnt many by seeing and observing others working.

Pros

Free food, accommodation and transportation

Cons

Quite low salary compared to other companies in Kuwait plus service charge only after every 3 months

Its variety of job positions available

The Marriott is a very well put together place to stay service is great. Housekeeping is on point casinos could use a bit more security. Restaurants are good but the service could be a bit more friendly. Overall I always recommend it as a good place to stay.

Pros

Staff is always ready to put in work.

Cons

Would have loved to have a good healthcare insurance

Work literally anywhere else.

There's little to no growth here for housekeepers and the only benefits you'll get is medical coverage. You WILL feel expendable and used. Management cares more about keeping guests satisfied and will place blame on housekeeping staff for a supervisor not doing their job correctly.

Pros

Healthcare Coverage, Vision Coverage, Dental Coverage, Tips

Cons

No 401k, Varying work hours depending on season, Unfair work allotment compared to newer coworkers

Good work environment

I loved my coworkers and management at my particular hotel. We celebrated baby showers, birthdays, associate appreciation events. We were like one big family.

Terrible

just not a good place to work. Overworked and underpaid. Management is terrible. Management would write you up for things that they should have seen. They didn't respect us. I just couldn't do it anymore for the pay and unprofessionalism. Upper management was no help and human resources was a joke.

Amazing. Fun.clean.wonderful people guest.team.manngers was extremely wonderful and supervisor was very help ful

I love working there and there team was amazing. And the manager was amazing 2...the pay was great...says off was nice. Great pay friendly staff and great loction... good tips..beautiful place to work for

Pros

Free breakfast and lunch

Cons

Fast paced job with bad management

Fast paced job with high workload. Used to clean up to 23 guest rooms per day. The job itself was not bad, but management was terrible. Some coworkers were rude and disrespectful. Housekeepers would sometimes fight over cart supplies (towels, sheets, etc.). Scheduling was unfair. Expect to work all weekends and up to 7-8 days straight.

Pros

Tips $ (sometimes)

Cons

Schedule and management

Very fun environment

It was just a great experience and as well as a great environment.Everyone was very happy and excited and they also had great communications skills and everyone was most definitely interested

The manager does not appreciate his employees at all we cannot get a raise for 2 years we do so much at the Resident Inn in the Woodlands tx

The manager does not appreciate his employee when it come down to raises we cannot get one for the next two years. We clean 9 to 14 room a day and cannot get a raise

Pros

no lunch time

Cons

don't have time to take a break

good

its really nice place and their pay us a good pay also the benifit is really good to and the co worker they are very kind and nice people and i feel like their my family

Cons

Jobs at Marriott International, Inc.

Housekeeper positions
See more jobs

Was a great working experience

I worked as a housekeeper during the summers while I was in undergrad. Overall I really enjoyed my experience. I was trained appropriately and the management there was very friendly and accommodating.

Pros

Flexible, decent pay

Helping others

It was cool you know I had a good time. I just wish they would talk to you more when it came to asking how your day was before coming into work and actually caring

I really enjoyed my time there

I only have great things to say about the people I worked with, only a few were crabby. Sad that I was let go over matter out of my control, I came straight to work after the let me out of the hospital. I would have gladly given the proof if given the chance, I really loved it there. need to have a little more understanding when someone cant call during medical treatment but rules are rules and that's why I didnt say anything. I had great supervisors, and learned alot, everything happens for a reason.

Pros

Snacks

Cons

As long as you were doing your job, nobody says anything

It's a great place for work

Basically I never had real problems with my co-workers, it's a good place for work.Comprehensive manager and supervisor, flexible schedules.If you want to work here, you are going to get a new family.Your experience could be different if you don't speak a little of Spanish.

Pros

"Human" people

Cons

Nothing serious to declare

Good environment

Good hotel, friendly guests and coworkers, flex schedule, rotating days off, decent management, good location, good food, service is good, most are happy.

Productive and respecful

The hardest part of the job has to run to all floors to clean. A typical day at work is not that hard if you do not do it every day. The most enjoyable part of the job is the friendly people you meet.

benefits

Cons

overtime

About Management

Management dont feel like you deserve the tips the guest leave behind. You are not allowed to enter the room until theyve been in it first or sending the laundry attendant in them to strip the room prior to your arrival.

Pros

Management keeps the tips

Cons

Management abuses their power and cant keep anyone because of it.

exiciting, energise, and enjoy to do the task

working on this fivestar hotel for me its really big help, it makes me more disciplined, friendly to both guests and workmates, i became more hospitable specially to my guest, and I've realised here how much important is to do good and treat our guest with respect and dedication to perform my tallents and skills for the benefits of my guest and colegue. Marriott hotel is my foundation of my career.

Pros

Free meal

Cons

long hours of duty

Pretty nice place, people are nice and understanding

The People and the customers are very nice and fun to be around and the work is easy to do. The only complaint I have is when they have large partys and the customers get a lil too drunk

Marriott is a good place to work.It encourages education and progress. It's a place where you can find workers with different cultures and everyone feeling at home. The salary is good and also good benefits.

Pros

Free breakfast, lunch and dinner

Cons

Some departmentsmust work during weekend (like house keeping)

The good part about working with this company, they really care about and your well being. The only regret is I been laid off over six months.

The whole package about the company is they are truly good caring people. They have many programs to help you if you want the help. Programs for, getting out of debt. Programs for releasing stress. There's a lot more that they provide

Pros

Delicious lunch that were cooked by the company chef.

Cons

Lunch and break not long enough

10.3K
6.3K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Housekeeper