Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Intern

Found 131 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,137 reviews

Nice company culture

Nice place to work with good colleagues and good office vibe; Easy to reach out for discussion. Although working pace is usually very fast, work-life balance is still well respected as far as observed.

Very good

Great place to work before covidWhen quick decisions or temporary decisions need to “bee” made, you are a great part of the team. You are willing to meet the other person in the middle. What is important to consider when in conflict is that a short-term solution may not accomplish the goals of either person, especially if neither of you are getting what you really want.

Pros

very good no problems great place to work

Cons

none everything was great very friendly great job

Fun workplac, learnt a lot

As an intern i had a great experiance of working there and had learnt a lot from this property. They made me more responsible and built a determination for the work i did. Overall great experiance

It was and diverse place. A lot of Asian and Spanish working there.

We have free lunches and we have a PTO (paid time off) option for the workplace. The hotel has two buildings, The main building and the Muehlebach tower.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

healthcare

Diverse Work Environment

Marriott has a very diverse staff and encourages cultural exchange. Working there made me feel at home as I was able to relate with my coworkers. They guided me and helped me transition into the Marriott family.

Balanced job

Was a good learning experience and very hands on job. I enjoyed working there because the internship was in all the department. I first stared in front office department where i learned how to use the opera system and helped to me grow my interpersonal skills.

Internship at Westin

You can get opportunity to work with great experienced staff and friendly environment..it is the best place to work and gain knowledge. If you work in a merriott property anyone will hire in future because of its brand and the quality of job

Internship

Worked here as part of my Internship for college. Everyone from managememt to guests were so friendly. Fast paced environment when busy but always a fun place to work

Best place to work

I am talking about my experience in United States of America. Marriott is good place, with great environment, People respect and appreciate to your work. Good hourly pay rates. Great discounts on Rooms during November to January months. Great place to learn things. Fix working schedule of 8 hours a day and 2 days off.

I loved to work at Marriott. They had an immersive workplace culture and a great management team. A typical day at work was was always putting the guest first and the best part of the job was being able to make personal connections with guests(remembering their name if they stayed multiple days or remembering their coffee order)

Marriott was fun to work for!

At Marriott I learned a lot about the hotel business and everything the company entails. I was taught by my supervisor that customer service is the most important in hospitality.

Very good for work experience but a tad lack luster pay

I worked there as part of an internship program designed and put in place by my High School Academy that landed me an interview with this company. A month or so later I was accepted and began work less than a month after the school year ended. It wasnt a difficult job in many ways. Wasnt physically taxing or strenuous in any way but did require me to be ready to be put into an assignment as the hospitality industry is ver come and go.

Pros

Manageable work hours, great reference, good location, experience and friendly environment.

Cons

Not so stellar pay and frustrating early commute by train.

it was great learning there, i learnt new food items

i found a great system in the kitchen, everything comes ready to use, the line system was great. equipment were outstanding, i liked working there and would like to work in future.

I was an intern

I really enjoyed this job. I was under the impression that they wanted to hire me, but at the time the company was going through some changes. I am willing to go back and apply for a job with this company

Not a worthwhile internship.

I came to the Marriott Internship ( In food and beverage) because of the learning opportunities I was promised. Yet Marriott really fell short. The food and beverage internship consisted of making coffee and running room service, not working on intern projects, shadowing managers and learning how to run the operation that I was told it entailed. The culture at my specific property was rough, with people cursing eachother out and fights happening frequently, as well as a very slow environment in general. I made no connections with the people I worked with, as they had all been there for 20+ years and did not care about the new kid. Management was uninvolved, and just wanted me to fill gaps of people being sick vs actually learning anything at all. I think Marriott as a whole is an amazing company and brand, but this internship and location does not meet the mark.

Productive & Healthy

I have done my one-month internship at Marriott-Karachi. And it was the best learning experience I could have got. They have allowed me to showcase my best potential.

An ok place

I was live sound technician here for an internship and it was an ok place to learn live sound. Pretty small lobby. workload was difficult because all sound equipment was on the other side of the hotel and tough to get it to the lobby.

internship

Learned how to purchase and order for the hotel this includes food, beverages, plates, and much more. During the internship I also prepped food, opened the kitchen, created a menu, and help improve customer satisfaction as needed.

Enjoyable play to work and to learn.

Everyone within Marriott was very welcoming and everyone seemed to want to get to know each other. During breaks you get free food in the cafeteria and in general Marriott is a very well company to work for.

Productive and fun workplace

Teaches you to be more proactive and to anticipate guests needs. Always thinks about the welfare of their employees. and they believe that if you take care of your employees, your employees will take care of your business. Makes good employee recognition with Brilliant Host program.

Food was cheaper

Great company, It was just an internship so I couldn't get a great panorama of the company

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Intern