Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Kitchen Team Member

Found 46 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,195 reviews

It is awsome experience with Marriott.

I was very excited on interview for the first . I was a super feeeling. A new experience .good atmosphere. Nice accomodaition , well managed transportation. Best place for working environment. Associate appreciation.

great benifiets

Great dental /medical and vison health care ... but no flexibility in scheduling...and even when you get graded on calls , if you have a good call they still want to pick with you and tell you what you can do better even if it was a passing good call... your never good enough for this company .

Pros

health care

Cons

bad work

The best training ground

Working on this property i ve learned a lot in terms of my technical skills not only that especially in dealing with the guest and to be in a professional way.

fun working place

it was typical at the first few weeks after that it easy to work and it made me learn new things and how behave with the costumers and have lots of fun at the working place

Good,

The company was be good. But salary wase getting to cutting salary finally getting₹ 9000/-for employee so please increase the amount. Snout the work wise more then duty hours to work in banquet hall.

High-end standard when it comes to customer service

Very well 5 star hotel , but when it's comes the management it's liltle toxic when it comes to work of regular and casuals employee . Casuals is the one who working hard while other not.

good experience

much better experience , learnt how to work under pressure, worked with best staff of Marriott , learnt different techniques in hospitality industry, give importance to our culture

Growth and opportunities

Marriott has been a great experience. I’ve met famous people here, business owners, and just regularly people who just travel. I just love hearing the different guest stories.

Na

I work for over 4 years during that time there were 4 managers. In the first 8 mos I worked weekends never missed a day. I had several helpers doing that time.Always having to adjust to someone but not willing to adjust to rules of the job.Which was very stressful on me I would bring to management but nothing ever really done so in May 30 of 2019. So therefore I decided to leave.

Everyone there is great to work with even the custormus are great they make working there very awsome they have different evnts every year like dragoncon witch I love very much

Jobs at Marriott International, Inc.

Kitchen Team Member positions
See more jobs

Maintenance and repairing

Daily Readings in chillers,weekly preventive maintenance, learned more type of trouble shooting and major faults hardworking,learn the type of the jobs and offfice vice.

Pros

Breakfast, launch, dinner

Cons

9 hours duty

Kitchen chef 👷 the at prompt

How good can be work for Marriot international. Well I just started my journey here, at Le Meridien, in cyberport.After almost 3 weeks, I really want work here for good. I start as casual worker because I did worked previously with another big HK company beafore for 2 years and and before sign any full-time contract again, I must be sure I do love the place. I DO LOVE WORK FOR MARRIOT. WHY? Because they care about Me!!! I had a small injury during my working hours, but and they where so focus and caring about my health, The staff food is always great and they got a big variety. The Hr is always there for you, the team is cool, and I the biggest problem I have is the communication. Probably because I'm western..and get some information sometime is impossible Lol But the life/work balance is awesome, they do events outside of the hotel, and guess what, at my second working day, I have been working on the beach 🏖, how great is that! I wish the I'll get more western staff ahead, but I'll learn some more Cantonese, to improve the communication issues and I'll be fine. THX At le Meridien you got 5 Stars from my heart ✨

Pros

Great food, and live balance, events

Cons

Communication between coworkers

A good Experience

I learned a lot in this hotel. So grateful because mostly sous chefs are kind and friendly. always on Standard when it comes to products and services.

productive

I liked working there. The hardest part was waking up at 4 in the morning and trying to be at work at 5:30 AM. Other than that it was a good experience for me.

Pros

free breakfast

Cons

poor management

Compassion, Fun, Understanding

Shows a great compassion towards staff, it is kind of a fun environment even though there is some times where we tend to feel very stressed during the peak time.Staffs are very understandable

Productive workplace

A very clean nice productive workplace and the people are very friendly and well trained and they make you feel like your at home I will recommend anybody to go there

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Breaks

Fun to work with! you will learn how to handle pressure and teach you how to be patient

My overall review would be fair, we all know that every company has their own strength and weakness. So lemme start with the strength,as i have noticed in this company the people ive worked with are awesome, they will treat you right if you treat them right as well, secondly, you can get food food for free as long as you cook your own or sometimes you can ask others to cook it for you, lastly, i can say that we have been trained to be strong, cause working in a big hotel is no joke we must be fast and quick we rather do it smarter than harder. So, now let me start about weakness. first of all we need people to work with us, second the management should do something about kitchen wares cause sometimes we run out of plates coz we are super busy and lastly this would be my own opinion i want to have more training about cooking food from scratch though we almost make it from scratch.

Pros

Free food

good enough as work place

1. good working environment and accommodation facilities are enough. 2. free bus travel from accommodation to work place and vice versa. 3. only, for five years of working there, no salary increment or any promotion.

Pros

free food and lodging

Cons

no salary increment for five years

Fun environment

Fun and relaxed environment with superiors that take care of you.

good hotel to work

nice working here but i`m just part timer. i learned many things such how to organized workplace, make homemade sauces and mayonnaise, teamwork to prepared outside catering menu.

Pros

staff meal, outside catering allowance

Cons

healthcare

Productive Area

i learn a lot here where in the work place not just a group a people but a big family providing the needs of everyone. To do each job and support each other ever step up.

Pros

Go for Culinary training

Cons

To big move around

10.4K
6.4K
3.4K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Kitchen Team Member