Marriott International, Inc. logo
Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Loss Prevention Officer

Found 184 reviews matching the searchSee all 21,984 reviews

Comparable

Working for Marriott has been an overall good experience. The benefits are amazing, and the atmosphere is enjoyable. Being able to build lasting relationships with coworkers has been great.

A typical day at work

No complaints, straight forward job in security. Handled calls for service as well as patrolling. If your looking for a job where you can really develop hospitality skills this is the place to be.

Just need bodies at night and a paycheck.

Terrible mangers with favoritism in every department .No pension just hotel rooms for life.Worst industry for pay. Lie on their surveys. Favoritisms .

Pros

Paycheck

Cons

Terrible company worldwide

Excellent benefits, pay is decent, lot of opportunities to learn different aspects of the hospitality business

Pay & benefitsThe pay for at Marriott International is on the lower end in the hospitality industry but the benefits are amazing. If you are looking for a job with great overall benefits this is a good place to go to.

Busy and fun

Overall I love working for this company. Your advancement is only limit by yourself, if your willing to be open to new things and places there is always an opportunity to grow.

Pros

Free lunch, meeting new people.

Cons

individual people, whether its customers or employees that can be a problem, the company itself is not an issue.

Benefits and perks

the benefits are good and the perks are good also . meet new people almost everyday. no two days are the same. They can be flexible. acation time is good.

Pros

job perks

Cons

off season's

Fun Atmosphere Always

One of the better companies i have worked for, they look out for the employee more often than most other companies, plus travel benefits was always a plus

Never a dull moment.

I got to meet a lot of interesting people / both co workers and guest. No two days were alike. It was a really good job that I would do all over again.

Pros

No micro managers, employee recognition

Cons

Pay could be better, shift work (includes too many weekends)

Managers and Hr are a team

The workers bust their behinds off and its RARELY appreciated. Most managers have been in the building forever and they've formed "clicks". HR is suppose to be there for the hourly associates but they're all friends of the managers so you'll never have a fair shot unless you bring in corporate. They're extremely messy and when things go wrong, they don't aim at the head, they go directly to the feet (hourly associates). Working for Marriott is beneficial but keep to yourself and stay quiet, that way you wont become a target. Retaliation is their number one thing.

Does not manage management

Out of line supervisor, free to make your life miserable. Unchecked. Supervisor attempted multiple times to "frame" me for others errors. Favoritism ruled the department egregiously.

Jobs at Marriott International, Inc.

Loss Prevention Officer positions
See more jobs

Fun workplace

I enjoyed working at the Marriott for several reasons. I started off as a housekeeper and ended a Loss Prevention Officer. The staff was always welcoming and always supportive and showed concern for its employees.

My Job

They need to stick to the Marriott motto, which they don't. If you treat your employees great the they will treat our customers great and the customer will return,

good Company to work for.

great comapny to work for. There was something new everyday given the location of the hotel i worked at. My Security Director and Supervisors were very helpful in my development.

The Marriott has a nice employee area to eat your lunch and free soda machines for the people who like sodas. There are TV's in there as well to focus on while there.

I have excellent Reviews base on my performance.

My review is excellent base on my performance by being helpful the guest and being a good team player and also get the job done by patrolling the property , check the fire control room for safety and contacted investigation and a report for any incident and accident from the guests.

Marriott - One of The Greatest Decisions I Have Ever Made

simply put I love working for Marriott International. It is an overall great company that provides you with a lot of perks and benefits. I mostly love the culture and the work environment. I truly made a great decision in moving forward with my position and I look forward to growing long-term using Marriott’s internal promotion structure. They truly invest in you!

I reccomend going part time

It depends on which Marriott property you work at. Avoid Atlanta Marriott Marquis at all cost especially Loss prevention department the pay is horrible and there's no manpower.

Exceptional place to work.

Company that will challenge you to meet your department goals which will drive guess satisfaction during their stay. Workplace culture is compared to being apart of one big family. Most enjoyable part of the job are the associates that I work with everyday.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Understaffed

Large property

The hardest part if the job was that i had to escort non-guest of the property. I worked overnights and I noticed that the night crew was more or less a little family with only 4 people on. I really enjoyed that i was able to use the gym and exercise equipment.

Working for Marriott in Security was a joke, The Management could not tell you what we did on a daily basic, what problems we encounter, and thet coul

As a Security Specialist in past jobs, both state and federal levels, Security at the Marriott is a joke, and most employees working there would agree. They hire employees and people in security with little or no experience and there is no accountable for what they do. As a previous police officer, Federal agent, with many years in experience, Marriott shows little respect for their service. The management at the Marriott is more interested in their own political gains and care little about their employees or hotel unless it affects them directly.

Good place to work.

It was a good place to work. Get to meet many people from different walks of life. Everyone working together to make sure that the guests' stay is a memorable one.

10.3K
6.3K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Loss Prevention Officer