Marriott International, Inc. logo
Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Maintenance Engineer

Found 57 reviews matching the searchSee all 21,984 reviews

Remember the Guest. that's all you half to do, and don't forget ==RTG=

The work is steady, and a team effort is implemented quite regularly. Departments are all tight nit, professionals. Too bad Marriott moved on, and another company filled their ownership. They offered me to stay with same pay. I loved Marriott. They are the largest hospitality corporation in the world. I was with them for over twenty years.

None to speak of

The manager at Kessinger Hunter was vindictive . Would not listen . Once they had it in for you , you had no chance to explain . They had their minds made up and you were out of luck .

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Managers were unfair in some situations

it was a good company to work for

I felt I was contributing to the best of my abilities I gave them my best work possible went above their expectations I was dedicated to all projects assigned to me.

Great place to work.

A productive place to work at. A company that offers development and training. Overall an amazing job, that one can grow in any field or department and a awesome work place.

Great company to work for

This company has great hotel staff and also work outings with company they really care about there employees and guests great hotel discounts for employees

Preventive maintenance. Repairs

Im responsible for repairs at Marriott, Fairfield, Delta hotel, and Lincoln Square. Grounds work, snow removal, pool levels checked, plumbing and eletrical

Great home work balance

I enjoy my job. I learn something new everyday. I would recommend this as a place of employment. Great benefits, vacation and pto available. Full time work hours

Westin/Marriott

My brother work as a manager for the Brand for 10 years...but I want to work until I die for the brand....I just love hospitality. I would do anything to make our guest come back over and over again.

Pros

Great atmosphere

Cons

Some coworkers just want the paycheck and care nothing about platinum, gold, or Silver guests

Good culture!

Nice place to work for a new high school grad. It was fun and fast paced. Management was a little rocky and it was hard to get things done on any given day but overall okay.

westin

pm rooms,projects checklists and ice machines,and meeting room power drops,as well as room calls and guest request.walking building for burned out lights

Pros

gaining more confident in your trade

Cons

only person on shift sometimes and the level many guest requests you get

Jobs at Marriott International, Inc.

Maintenance Engineer positions
See more jobs

Good

Nice staff great management obey rules and regulations perfectly fantastic environment team management Always respect and honors to every guest . Fantastic house keeping

Its cool

It's cool I liked it worked ar my own pace as long as you do what you suppose to do tou won't have any problems. Management could have been better....

Fast-paced

Some great managers, some not so great. Not paid enough for the duties/responsibilities I had. Felt under-appreciated. Good benefits. Not enough opportunity for raises even in a corporate run facility. It's even worse at a franchise.

Pros

Nice co-workers in my dept.

Good Environment and Work Colleagues

Good for long term work. Great place and initiates teamwork. Assists staff to grow. Provides open door policy, Ability to discuss with superiors for improvements

cool friendly enviroments some free lunch and uniform dry cleaning

Each property is different but, you can find one that fits your personality. The rest is always up to you as a person. This industry is better suited for extroverted individuals. It takes some time when it comes to moving up but, as long as you network well and stay focused to your goal it will happen.

Disciplined work ethic with great benefits package

Marriott can be a fantastic place to work for those looking to acquire a unique set of skills and to further discipline oneself. Furthermore, they provide their employees with a great benefits package and employee discounts at participating locations.

Cons

Can be difficult to advance.

i enjoyed working for company

very demanding challenging keep you busy all day made the day go bye fast felt like you were accomplishing what needed to be done everyday on the job .Did learned how to take pool reading . my boss was a very nice guy helped when needed if needed.Very friendly i enjoyed my job .

Pros

nice people

Cons

would not pay for treatments

Not the best place to work.

There was no room for growth. I learned a lot from fellow co-workers but getting actual certifications was not allowed. HR is terrible and very absent. There was plenty of appreciation from other co-workers but their turn over rate was abismal.

Pros

Food is included during shift hours.

Cons

There is no growth from within.

Steady pace

• Ensure fixtures are properly mounted • Pool Maintenance • Heating and cooling • Remolding of units Fun, friendly environment Dealing with smoker's rooms was the hardest

its a great place to work

there are a lot of jobs here to look at if you want to move up take online class the place keeps you going with 655 rooms on 325 acres always plenty to do

Pros

free food

Cons

hot out side cant were shorts in the summer

The Courtyard Marriott was fast paced with high occupancy.

The Courtyard Marriott Waterfront was a very nice hotel although the building was twenty years old. There had been multiple renovations over the years but remodeling and repairs were constantly needed to maintain Marriott standards.

10.3K
6.3K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Maintenance Engineer