Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Manager

Found 125 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,123 reviews

it's about the people

The company was about giving people chances. If you work hard and are willing to learn you can grow to what you want to get to. It's all about taking care of people both customers and staff.

Great culture!!!

Marriott international is a great hotel company that has expectations. Training is outstanding a d you feel part of a family. You get hotel discounts.

Pros

Employee discounts

Cons

Hotels open 24/365

Pandemic has created a stressful, overworked environment.

The pandemic and death of the previous CEO has created a new less family like atmosphere. Top executives are paid handsomely while the remaining associates' pay is flat or reduced.

Supportive leaders

Supportive leaders but sometimes get advantage of and doing jobs that supposed to be for 2-3 people. Life work balance was not there and had to leave

Great company to learn from.

During my time at Marriott I started as a supervisor position at the Gaylord Texan. Management team was wonderful and really took the extra time to assist in knowledge based learnings.

Pros

Great work environment

Nice

It’s the Hospitality Industry. What do you expect? Expect to work long hours and excessive days. The business is 24/7. Employees will give you a headache as well.

Its a paycheck

The company does not objectively invest in promoting equally. It's a good old boy/girl system based on popularity and who likes you. Hard work doesn't matter if you're not connected to the "in crowd".

Pros

Work, a paycheck, income

Cons

Micromanage, no growth, it's who you know.

Used to be fun

Marriott was a great company to work for up until the pandemic hit. Now you can see where there are serious problems with how their business model operates with the mass layoffs and the ill preparation in regards to surviving a downturn in the economy. Hope for the best, no preparation for the worst.

Pros

Benefits & discounts

Cons

Financially unstable

Big talk but no follow through and all about the upper management

Big talk but no follow through and all about the upper management. Put in too much time, blood, sweat and tears, ruined relationships to get the job done and for what?

Understaffed, Overworked

Small department, expanding workload since the pandemic, not growing the team in a material way. Leadership cares and company does operate in a people-first way.

Pros

Caring leadership

Jobs at Marriott International, Inc.

Manager positions
See more jobs

Amazing

I have been wit MI for 17 years. I am proud to work at Marriott. You can learn a great deal and if you put the work in advancement is there. Always training available. Leader in hospitality.

overworked, underpaid.

Great training, great experience for management. a lot of turnover due to burnout, start at 7:00 am work 10 htes, grab a break when you can. constantly moving, putting out fires.

Pros

training

Cons

compensation

Great history of the company, family values, total compensation package/benefits and employees.

Overall great company to work for. I'd suggest Marriott to anyone seeking a rewarding career in the hospitality industry. The employees really care about the customers and each other and this makes the job rewarding.

Pros

Benefits, team atmosphere, structured environment

Cons

Pay, staffing limitations

Great place to work.

This wasn’t Just a job for me. I was able to be part of some thing much bigger. My talent allowed me to grow to a senior role in the company from an hourly position. I would work for them again in a heartbeat.

Pros

Great benefits and people

Cons

It’s a 24/7 business and can interfere with quality of life

Manager

Great job, company was very supportive. Covid has taken a lot away from us. I will miss it. Great pay, good people to be with and local managers are excellent. Corporate cares but they make very harsh decisions quickly.

Pros

Hard work but clear direction. Good people to be with.

Cons

Not much to mention.

Training

Tough times during Covid. Policies are changing often. Nice to be able to work remotely. Nice management, try to help you out with crises. Overall good place.

Run

THEY dont like blk ppl at ALL and if your over 40 dont please DONT take this job!!!!! Feminist,RACEIST, and. Extreme low pay for the work they expext they

Cons

All depends on where you are

I've held many roles over the years and your experience with the company really depends on where you are and what role you are in. I love the core culture taught, but it does not always prevail in individual hotels. In my opinion, when times are tougher associate relations and training are what falls off first and that can be frustrating. On the other hand, I've had leaders that would bend over backwards to help propel you forward. There is good and bad as with any company/role. It is important to concentrate on making sure you work to be part of the good. To this day most of my adult friends are old co-workers. This company has blessed me with experience, opportunities, and wonderful people in my life.

Excellent Company

People very friendly and professional. Management did a good job of communicating to staff. Company had celebrations and recognized individual's who went above and beyond.

Great Company to Work For

Marriott is a very large company with lots of opportunity. They focus on success and driving results. The company also has work from home options which provide flexibility.

Think of it as going to jail. Get in do your time and get out asap.

Get into the company. Get the experience you need to get a better job and change jobs because they will eliminate your job the moment they can pay someone else less.

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Manager