Marriott International, Inc. logo
Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Office Assistant

Found 50 reviews matching the searchSee all 21,984 reviews

Marriot

I enjoyed working at Marriot and wish it could have lasted longer. I felt like I had more to offer them.

The most magical place to work

I started at the Marriott Leeds as a young 16 year old college student on a work placement, and I couldn't have been more fortunate to be placed in such a wonderful hotel. I felt so much warmth and love and support from all those around me, so eager to help me grow and develop. You are empowered to take accountability and responsibility for your actions, giving you the ability to go above and beyond for your guests, amazing recognition scheme and fantastic benefits/staff rates. Marriott truly is a company which values and cares for its associates, we are listened to and valued and appreciated. Associate appreciation day every year is like Marriott Christmas, everyone is celebrated and celebrates each other. Marriott culture is so uplifting and empowering, every day I woke up as excited to head to the hotel as the guests, I thrived from the experience I gained at the Marriott and blossomed into a wonderful career. I think if I started anywhere else I wouldn't have the same genuine passion, energy and enthusiasm for the industry and could not have been prouder to work for such a company. I used to walk around the city centre on my lunch break in my uniform just to show it off! The opportunities within the company are endless and everyone around you has the same common goal, to make it memorable for the guests. Often if companies tell you they are 'like a family' this can be a huge red flag, but when a company really is like a family they don't feel the need to say it and I never heard that phrase at the Marriott, yet I knew every face in the building and spoke with everyone I -

Pros

Free meal on shift, Living wage, Community culture, Endless opportunities, Great rewards and benefits package.

Cons

Not as much recognition/award opportunities for casuals(0 hour contracts).

Fun Workplace

Good Place to Learn and grow, guest interaction helps you to learn more, the salary is less (all hospitality sector are not great payers especially in India)

Pros

Learning

Cons

Poor Salary

Very rewarding, if working hard.

A very pleasant company to work for, specially if you are a newcomer to Canada. Some experiences are not great, but overall I really love this brand. It is constantly looking ways to improve the life of its employees, and most important the guests experience.

Very clique like work space, lots of gossip in the office

Gossip in the office, felt like no space to grow and constantly was understaffed. Managers leave for long periods of time and are hard to contact during working hours. Doesn't feel like you are given the tools to succeed.

Pros

Free cafeteria lunches during certain hours

the most typical is full phone call presser. but i handle it.i learned more things .my hardest part of the job my mistakes .my enjoyable not one ..i

i love my self ..i will try my 100 % i can do it everything now still i working in marriott hyderabad hotel and convention centre。 every day its very enjoyable day

busy department

a typical day on reception includes checking in and out guests. learned how to work company systems management are relatable hardest part is the shift hours most enjoyable part is the comradery

Poor Management

There was the 'good ole boys club' and they were extremely demanding. They kept their budget small, so turnover was high and staffing was not adequate. Pay was very low, employees with long tenure barely made over $10/hour

Coool Place

Overall the environment was good. The hours were varied so sometimes you may work at 6am or work til midnight. The scheduling made it difficult to plan appointments. Theres some great discounts at other hotels in the network but good luck getting any time off to utilize that benefit.

Fun

Fun and learned about the hospitality industry. Helped me broaden my knowledge about my desired field and now I am pursuing and studying hospitality again in a different country to contribute more in this industry.

Working in this company will always give option to learn more and more, once you work in Marriott you can work anywhere in this world marriott makes you that much strong to handle any sort of situation

Fun environment

Fast paced working environment, always on your feet. Management could be less strict and less micro managing. otherwise great company. Excellent field if you enjoy interacting with people everyday.

Learning Phrase

The Westin Mumbai Garden City was one of the best places i have ever worked with Got to learn so many new things, my job was very interesting and Guest experience and Satisfaction was my prime motto their, Most enjoyable part of the job was to interact with people of different nationality and try to help them out in the best way i can

Pros

Free Lunches, Dinners

Cons

Long Hours

Nice.

Good leaning. As it was m first job in the Hospitality company. Nothing say that much. But try to start your carrier with the 5 star hotel always. Thank You.

I enjoyed working with my coworkers

I enjoyed the people I worked with. But I had 5 different managers within a few months and I wasnt treated fair when I asked to be paid more even though more responsibility had been placed upon me.

Pros

Great coworkers

Cons

I had 5 different mangers the turn over rate was to much

Great Industry!

I worked with the company for three years and the work environment was superb. Although, the company needs to be a lot better with management and handling of the employees. Other than that, It has been a great place to work to.

Promote

Great company to work for! Great place to start your career in hospitality. I enjoy working for the Marriott. I learned the ins and outs of the front office duties and had plenty opportunities to cross train in other departments.

Pros

Plenty of overtime available and access to cross train

Cons

Poor work life balance.

Overview

Hotel is situated in the heart of the city. Convenient location and everything is quite easily accessible like the malls, restaurants and the grocery shops. Staff accommodation is 08 minutes walking distance from the hotel. Working hours at the reception are 09 hours exact out of which 01 hour is for a break.

Hotel never provides Good salary package

Started my career with this company at INR 10,000 CTC. and worked for more than 12-14 Hrs in a day at front desk. No scope for growth and development.

Pros

Meals included, stay included

Cons

excess overtime, No time for own life.

It's an awesome place to work with fun

MARRIOTT culture is really awesome where they really take care of there associates very well with love and care. They really motivate us if our Moral went downt

Pros

Free food and accomodation

Cons

Party

Checkin, checkouts,

Was a Front Office Associate, responsibilities was high because i solely handled the desk and operations Sometimes. Good platform to learn the basics and Starwood Benefits.

Pros

Free foods

10.3K
6.3K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Office Assistant