Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Operations Manager

Found 87 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,123 reviews

Great workplace and always have opportunities to grow

Great work place and challenging at the same time. What i have learned can not be described but it can only be thought. I have enjoyed every minute in the hotel business with it's challenges and that was the main reason i decided to go back and pursue my Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality and hotel Management. I have just relocated in Denver and i am excited to bring all my experience to this new life with a new Company.

Great Company - Tough situation without the pandemic

Overall, it was a great company. They care about employees and seeing you grow as a person and an employee. The pandemic was obviously tough for the industry and it will be interesting to see if they can bounce back.

A lot of opportunity

You can switch your carrier without leaving the company. Opportunity is huge especially if you have an open-minded and supportive senior Manager. Sometimes they may want to keep you in the same position for too long.

Pros

Stability, Growth

Cons

Work life balance

Grow with Marriott

Excellent company to get your foot in the door of hospitality. Great benefits. A lot of room for growth. Started in food and beverage, worked my way up to management in 3 years.

Simply the best

If you have to opportunity to work for a Marriott managed property take it. Seriously, the best hospitality company out there with a great culture. It’s a very respectful, cooperative and supportive work environment where the team does become like family. Everyone is willing to help out, you go get trained an developed well by industry professionals that have been in the game for a long time. Hourly employees are treated very well and the benefits are amazing from the employee hotel rates to insurance and generous vacation accrual policies. Entry and mid level management is also treat well and really positioned to succeed. Despite being in hospitality and the long hours and expectations that comes with the industry Marriott still does provide people with a good sense of work life balance.

Pros

Free lunches, awesome management, supportive and nurturing work culture, room for advancement, insurance, great coworkers

It’s a great place to work, feels like one of a big family working together to make it happen, l love all challenges I faced and love being a creative person thinking out of the box, that’s why I been working with Marriott over 24 years in different countries and different brands,

Busy

They hotel I work is constantly sold out. Nonstop running, but it made for a quick shift. The guest could sometime be difficult but that is with any customer service job

Na

Great company to work for. Will work for it again. Lots of perks and benefits. Opportunity for growth. Helps with travel. Job is transferable. Get the opportunity to meet many different people from different places.

About 15 years behind current work paractices

Avoid if possible, rubbish facilities, one directional hierarchical structure, complete mislabeling of the jobs, rudderless senior leadership, GM and HR incredibly difficult to deal with, lack of ownership of problems, lot of uncertainty about where Marriott want to go and how they are going to get there.

More valuable tha others hotels

As a hotelier we are commited that working at Marriott group is the best opporrunity you have. I ve learn AUDIT task in all section wich very useful for my knowledged. How to do selection on interview is also above compare the others

Jobs at Marriott International, Inc.

Operations Manager positions
See more jobs

Great company to work for

Marriott gives you training flexibility Family first Great opportunity management program As the largest hospitality company in the world, Marriott owns and operates more than 30 hotel brands in over 120 countries. ... Marriott was noteworthy for his belief that a great workplace creates great workers. The company has long enjoyed a reputation as a desirable place to work.

oppurtunity

this is a very nice company to work for providing that the communication is strong and efficient. there is room to grow and learn about the company. it is also a self promoting company where as you communications with the guest as well as fellow workers can shine a bright career path for your future.

Pros

employee discounts

Cons

incentive programs

Good place to work only if mamangement likes you

Was let go because a new manager was hired who did not like me. I had been with the company for years and dedicated alot of my time and energy. If you are not in the click, do not wasre your time

Pros

good benefits

Cons

have to be in with management

Turned down the job

They weren't interested in actually hiring me they just wanted dirt on the management company I was currently working for. He also said they have a lot of drama at this location which is not a surprise by what I saw of their leadership. Any manager that sets up "job interviews" just to dig up dirt on the competition isn't going to inspire integrity in their team.

If managed by Crestline then that Marriott Probably is horrible

My Marriott was managed by Crestline, which made it a horribly horrendous place to work. Managers are uneducated, and do not understand how to run a business. Crestline as a company is absolutely horrible.

Pros

Cons

Free coffee

The culture for employees does not match other hospitality industry

there is long hours and not flexibility with work life balance. The structure of the new brand does not match what I am passionate about any longer. The new Marriott HR personal is not knowledgeable about what happens on at the resort level.

Pros

new property, meet different people

Cons

no work life balance, poor pay

Great Company to work for

Best place to work. The managers, ceo and staff are wonderful. They are for the people in which shows. The discounts and perks are awesome. If your looking to grow with a company you can find it here.

Pros

Great benefits/work life balance

Cons

You have to work most weekends

Working with the Marriott family allowed me to meet some great people,I also gain vase amount of experience .everyday is a new challenge to help you grow.

The only corporate hotel in Chattanooga. No elevators so is a challenged for this property to excel with our guests.

The company loves to push their talent to the next level. I wish for more managed by Marriott hotel for Chattanooga so the pool of talent can move up quickly!

It's Hospitality

Coming into the role, fresh out of college it was fun, but i would soon realize the shortcomings that came with being in management with a major company like this.

Endless opportunities for groth and development!

Working for one of the most successful and service satisfaction places has been an honor. The culture and everything Marriott represents is beyond anything I've witnessed working for the hospitality industry.

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Operations Manager
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?