Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Reservation Agent

Found 138 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,123 reviews

Fun, fun , fun. Fast paced but laid back.

The most enjoyable part of this job, was there was something new going on in the office everyday, as far as incentives. Co-worker and management were outstanding, never a dull day. The hardest part of the job is when they relocated. Sad. For me...

Buen bien te laboral

Si haz trabajado para cumplir metas o métricas, aquí siempre hay algo que estás haciendo mal y llevarte un buen bono se ha vuelto muy difícil con la pandema, a pesar del back to back.-back to back-metricas se ajustan de acuerdo a tu desempeño-al día de hoy aún no hay home office-Fondo de ahorro 25k-30kVales de despensa y restaurante

Pros

Fondo de ahorro, crecimiento a corto plazo

Cons

Back to back, métricas absurdas, errores del sistema frecuentes, no home office

Great company!

I loved it there, I was excited to come to work everyday. There was always somebody there to help you when you needed it. Promotion was fast and great.

Pros

Scheduling

Cons

Shorts breaks

One big family

Marriott was a fun company to work for. I had the pleasure of working fort them for over 5 years. I worked at one of their flagship hotels in Washington D.C.

Pros

Everyone is enthusiastic and fun to work with

Cons

Union versus non union properties

It was okay

Not bad if it’s your first full time/part time job and ur living with ur parents. Pay was very low when I started back in 2016. I don’t know what the starting pay is now but definitely not enough to support a family and barely enough to afford living on ur own.

Pros

N/a

Cons

Pto, low pay

Fun workplace, easy access to training materials, great leadership and supervisors

Marriott is a great place to work. The supervisors are knowledgeable and the training was fun, engaging, and easy to apply to the role. I was able to take plenty of time off, and the environment is very relaxed. I learned so much about customer service, and I’ll miss my time there greatly.

Pros

Free lunches sometimes, employee lounge with snack machines, good healthcare

Fun place to work

Overall enjoyed working at Marriott. Due to Covid19 our Customer Engagement Center closed. Leaving all of us out of work. I really Loved working for Marriott so I am saddened by this. I Hope in the near future things pick up enough to start re-opening the call centers.

Pros

Free food alwayssss!!!

Cons

Short breaks' and the pay could be better.

Bait and switch

Typical call center environment. Denied adequate time to sterilize or wash hands in a close call center environment.Denied severity of outbreak at facility until multiple employees were affected.During Covid outbreak was forced to lie repeatedly to customers about severity and safety measures in place. Forced to lie about bedbug infestations at locations.Forced to lie about availability to "get the sale". Marriott / Starwood wants your money and will say anything to get it.

Pros

Pay was average

Cons

I had 9 bosses that micromanged against each other, Company as a whole endangered countless people with covid denial

Review

I enjoyed working there. All the great friendships that were made and all the amazing colleagues I had the pleasure of working with. The atmosphere was amazing I enjoyed the team I was on while working there for close to 5 years

Gamble depending who manager is

Good manager...not bad to work there. Bad manager...find something else asap. No one will help resolve the issue. You will simply be put on a neverending treadmill that makes it "look" like they are trying. If the manager complies, you're fine. If the manager doesn't comply, you're on your own. Annual pay raises never keep up with cost of living. A P

Pros

Good manager...good place to work.

Cons

Bad manager...cut your losses. Annual raises never keep up with cost of living.

Greatest company to work for

It was a great company to work for,I gave them 15 years It was a great experience,Marriott is the company that I worked the longest if it wasn’t for vivid-19 I would probably retired with Marriott. probably retiredawitMarriottwerverthemanager

Perfect

If you get this job you're blessed. Best job i got and hope i stay for awhile Manager's are helpful. The while job environment becomes family. The job is having fun with customers and selling a dream like vacation to every call.

Equal opportunity employer

At Marriott I had the opportunity to learn a whole new market. I'm very attentive and learn fast. My communication and team work skills help me perform better for the benefit of the client the company and my self.

Low pay

The only thing i didn't like is that we all had to share laundry, um i thought they should have a laundry person fold laundry, not us who work the front counter. I guess they were trying to save money. It wasn't a actual Marriott it was Fairfield Inn by Marriott.

Cant really set your own hours.

You should be able to keep the same work hours and off days if you want to...one month you might get picked for day shift the next month you might get changed to night shift or 3rd shift.thats the worst part of the job.

Pros

You get to work from home

Cons

Unpredictable changing schedule

Disappointed

I was hired in 2015 to work for their call Centre with 2 weeks training which was amazing training. Once hired and on the phones downhill all the way. We then started working from home, excellent. I was hired as a bilingual agent. The job entailed non stop calls with 5 seconds between calls. It was like working in a garment industry in Bangladesh. My first year I generated 3.3 million in sales and was give a .67 cents raise. therefore min wage plus small slap in the face raise. I quit after 14 months as the stress was so intense. My first job with Marriott Hotels Toronto Airport was the exact opposite, amazing place to work. I loved it. They treated us amazingly well. The call centre environment however was very very bad.

Good

Very well organized company with good benefits and fair pay, work-life balance not good have to be available evenings weekends holidays even Christmas Day

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

24/7 company

I worked at Sheraton Bahrain Hotel. Its a great place to work in, however if your looking for a growth its a slow place. Other than that such a lovely place.

Company has great pay for someone who needs extra money

The incentives can be beneficial if you don't mind being a robot, and repeating the same thing over and over again. If you take time off, you better have atleast PTO available or pray that your shift can be traded to someone who need extra hours, other wise you will be written up.

Pros

Pay, if your unemployed and not hired through a temp agency

Cons

Adherence policy, rude customers, Will get written up even if you have a hospital note.

Great part-time job

Great part-time job especially if you want to make a little extra money. The overtime is available as needed. Job objective is very simple to follow...

great comapny

loved the company. very good company to work for. i would still be there if it werent for my medical issues. i would recommend to others if they like call center work

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Reservation Agent