Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Restaurant Manager

Found 136 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,123 reviews

A huge hotel right outside of Washington DC

I would generally work in the evenings. My main objective was bar operations. The first thing I would do is check on the bartender to ensure that he was set for service. I would restock the bar and check the inventory sheets for the week to make sure we had enough stock. I learned a lot about liquor inventory, schedules, and cost. I managed a team of 30 employees. I had to make sure that I was available to the entire staff at any time throughout the night. I would have a nightly stand up meeting to promote up coming events and new food and drink items. The hardest part of this job was being everywhere at once. I enjoyed all of my employees. Most of them were from other country's so I found it challenging and rewarding to be in a leadership role.

Pros

The chance to work and learn in a high volume hotel.

Cons

Never any down time to focus on new prodjects.

Opportunities

Job can be stressful but there are many opportunities for advancement if you put the time and effort in. Benefits are decent and you get discounts for hotel rooms throughout the world.

What a waste

I have worked over 3 years for 2 sites. First was ok, 5 stars second... Complete failure. I was salaried, doing in the region of 55-60 hrs/week for 16000 in 2005.Advancement only if you leave, you are just a tool that has a job to do. If you accept to play their game and can cope, you will be fine. So many brand standards and expectations completely disproportionate with the benefits and wage.

Pros

Leisure club use

Cons

Wage, hours, culture, prospects (or lack of)

Great place to learn and grow

If you're willing to put in the work, you can excel rapidly. Especially in food and beverage. On rare instances you can actually get into upper management without outside ecperience.

Productive and fun workplace

I enjoyed my time at Marriott South location in Houston. I was given opportunities and support by my management staff. I was able to grow in my career during my time there. I would recommend 100% as long as you are willing to work hard.

I loved the customers

Working for Marriott was not a bad experience, but the management team was very lax with the rules and hygiene which made me uncomfortable. I believe their practices encouraged the Covid outbreak.

Pros

Great customers

Cons

Poor hygiene

N/a

I do recommend working for Marriott If it wasn't for this panda I would work for the company And I hope all the best for everybody And maybe one day I'm I come back

Pros

N/a

Cons

N/a

Good Experience,

Hello, I have been worked with Marriott almost 2 years I really enjoyed for worked Marriott excellent experience excellent experience excellent environment, good colleagues. Keep it up.

Execellent leadership skills

Marriott was one of the best companies i have worked with, putting their workers first, keeping them updated and empowering them on better ways to satisfy their customers.

Fast paced workplace with focus on Customer Service

Marriott works hard to promote complete customer satisfaction, while maintaining a high level of associate engagement. Its a very good company to work for.

Jobs at Marriott International, Inc.

Restaurant Manager positions
See more jobs

No human values.

Hr policies very bad. Too much discrimination among old and new staff.very less staff support.no proper leave policy.long duty hours.no staff welfare program.

Love it here

Been with the company for 5 years . Easy job able to move around in the company and also has a few benefits . Definitely a good place to work at !!!!!!

Best company to work

Very good work life balance. Respect each other.. Superior support etc. Team work. Good work culture. Good work alys appreciate. Skill enhancement

Productive workplace with opportunities for growth

Marriott international has taught me not only about stability but within believing in myself to achieve set goals and get them accomplished. I would love to further my career within the company.

Sharks in the Water

Once a great place to work has now become infiltrated by shark like management who will happily destroy the career of anyone else not willing to play the game.

Good Company

Extremely good company with many opportunities for growth worlwide and local.Properties opening daily with many tools for selfdevelopment aswell.Still a good place to work

Badminton

every month we have different activities and also birthday threats for two person dining in buffet restaurant. we also have " you make different" for award winner for care in business.

Great company

I Love working for Marriott International. Great company that takes care of their employees as well as their guest. I would recommend Marriott to anyone who had a passion for the hospitality industry.

Miss managed

So I worked at the westin bwi for about 4 years on and off. The 1st 2 years were great we had a good management company great general manager as well as great hotel manager. I am no longer with this Because management has changed and the building is going downhill. Personally the only person I feel like they do what is supposed to be done is Jose the food and beverage director. The building is always leaky they never have enough help , every time there is a issue at the hotel the staff feels the pressure. They never have the materials they need to do Do your job proficiently. I would not recommend this company to anyone. Although I'm not there anymore I feel at ease with a piece of mind. This place Was horrible. No life work balance, always called in for shifts that you don't usually work , staff plays management role without The correct pay. There are plenty other hotels in this area I would recommend anywhere but here.

Pros

Free lunch or dinner in Break Room by its mainly mystery me.

Cons

Bad Management, Crooked people. No life work balance. Plenty more not enough time.

Growth

Good career growth Good colleagues Health work environment Great management Great work culture Meeting various customers and learning about their life and culture

Excellent workplace

Hurghada Marriott Beach and resort is a good environment for work and learns the hospitality standard. As a Restaurant Supervisor, you start your day early morning at 6 A.M to check the Breakfast buffet before the operation, check the cleanness of everything, Music, Lights, and Food signs. During the operation, you have to communicate all guests to ensure their satisfaction, ensure serving steps meet the standards and keeping communication with the kitchen all the time. I have learned such skills like organizing the staff, Handling any guests complain, communicating formally with the guests and managing my time. The hotel management is very professional and I have learned much from them. I can say the workplace culture is perfect for anyone around the world. I mean, all associates are friendly and very helpful. They are pushing you to be successful. The hardest part of the job is the long hours it's around 12 hours per day even more in high seasons. The most enjoyable part is that you can meet a different culture every day and learn Marriott standards which are the best for the hotel industry.

Pros

Free accommodation, free meals and free transportation.

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Restaurant Manager