Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Found 15 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,122 reviews

Fun place

This job was so fun. Helping guest and stocking merchandise was like Christmas everyday. Great hotel discounts and stay at any location employee discounts. Very busy fast pases relaxed cheerful.

Pros

Good environment

Cons

Can’t be late more than 34 times

Ok place. Wouldnt recommend

Too many chiefs chasing too few people who actually make the hotel run.They took away our bonus without a good believable reason. Most coworkers are good.

Beautiful location and setting

The job was ok until I had a death in my immediate family. I called my supervisor to let them know. The response was “ Do you know how difficult this makes it for me?” Not a word of condolences

Fun workplace

Managing stalls and i learnt how to do cashiering. Hardest part of the job was having no work life balance. Enjoyable part was to be able to work with friends

Pros

paid lunch

Ritz Carlton Lake Oconne

Starting on your first day, you can expect outstanding benefits as a full- or part-time employee, including:Complimentary or low-cost meals in your employee dining roomChoice of paycheck direct deposit or a payroll debit cardHotel and resort discounts and exceptional dining discounts in our beautiful locations worldwideLuxury spa discountsSavings in our retail stores

trying to find a job

trying to find jobs near me, but no luck I will find more jobs and reapply. I want to apply to help the costumers be happy, and bring more people to stores

Pros

resting

Cons

being under pressure

Great company, inconsistent hours

I worked for the Ritz Carlton in the spa department. There are peaks and lows to how busy the spa is during the year which effects hours/pay. Slower period resulted in pay cuts due to low occupancy. Also less hours without room to work lateral service (working in other departments to make up for hours lost due to low occupancy). Love the company culture though! :)

Pros

Free lunches, benefits

Cons

Low occupancy, pay cuts due to slow periods in the year

Productive and fun workplace

It is a great environment that enables you to be yourself and motivates you to grow within the company. It offers great benefits and truly looks out for the employees that are employed there.

Pros

great benefits, free lunch, training courses offered

The most amazing and awarading experience for a work place

The first thing I'd like to say is this was the most amazing job I've ever had. The fitness center overlooked the beach front and the beautiful pools and restaurants outside with completely open full windows. I spent a lot of time meeting amazing and very successful people who I helped and who have enriched my experience with the Marriott. The employees were also very helpful, friendly and professional as well. The hardest part about this position was that it always felt like there wasn't enough time to do everything and you only have 40 hours to do quite a bit. However, you do have a lot of support and help from management.

Fantastic learning opportunity

I check and restock or order any items we may need for week,and also communicate to Supervisor of what we may need so he is informed.Everyone I work with is pleasant to work with team work between us,management always check to make sure we are doing fine.I do not find anything hard about working for I have enough experience to work things out or notify right person in management that may be available to help with any problems.I learn every day about how to make guest feel special in fitness center.I enjoy my job for I help every person who comes into fitness center so they get whatever they need to have best workout.

Pros

I feel many guest are making me a better associate at RitzCarlrton by each enteraction with them

Cons

everyone nhas different nedds so you must learn to be flexible on things that may help them.

fun place to work for the manager was great they help and dont mind

a lady ask me to get something down off the sheff I did and she said to me you are such a nice working I learn how to treat people how you wont to be treat I never had a hard part I love everything about my job good people they respect each other and me we all got along well I was there for 14yea rand 4 month im not still there because I got laid off

Good place to start

You meet a lot of different people there which is good for networking if you're looking to go into another field. I only worked there seasonally but they treat their employees well and they are very big on diversity.

working day

I am responsible for all customer interaction on a daily basis. I deal with retail orders and reps in order to provide the best retail strategy for our target demographic. I also take membership and booking inquiries over the phone. I have also been trained in membership and customer care booking.

Pros

lunch provided

Cons

basic low hour contract

Okay Place

Assisting Customers People Skills co-workers from all around the world

Pros

free lunch

Cons

management

J.W Marriott is A very good company.

The most enjoyable part of my job is meet people every single day of my life. Never know how my day will be; because every day is different. That is my passion.

Pros

meet new guests every day

Cons

salary

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Retail Sales Associate