Marriott International, Inc. logo
Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Revenue Manager

Found 26 reviews matching the searchSee all 21,984 reviews

Good Company to Work For

Good culture, benefits and work life balance. There are always opportunities to learn about other disciplines and move up in the company. I could see myself working for the company for several years.

Great National reputation

Our hotel was purchased by another company and re branded as a Marriott. The training and development team was fantastic during the conversion. The continued development after the conversion was outstanding.

Choose Marriott

Hilton obsesses over wanting to be Marriott. I've worked for both, so just go to the company that leads in culture and sets the pace for a manageable work-life balance.

Great Company

Great Company to work for. Proud working for the biggest hotel company in the world. Leadership provides clear guidelines were we as a team and company are heading to become even a better company

could be a good place for career beginners

Could be a good place for career beginners. Again, sales & marketing are better departments salary wise, culture wise and exposure wise. other depts are like any other organization in my opinion.

Pros

free fresh food everyday, good exposure

Cons

a very niche industry to grow career wise

Great Place to Work

Excellent training provided. They emphasize on work/life balance. Additionally, management is very encouraging and motivating and is always trying to find new and fun ways to keep up employee morale.

a typical day at work

Driving group and transient bookings with trend analysis, pricing and marketing strategies. Collaborate with team for cohesive implementation of strategies.

Great hotel.

Great hotel- great environment and team. Strong leadership support. Would recommend this hotel as a place to work for anyone. Values all employees in the hotel.

A great place to work

Marriott Hotels and Resorts and the Management Company I worked for, Stormont Trice Hotels, Inc. were both awesome employers. They provided excellent training and unlimited career advancements!

Pros

Meeting people from all around the world

Cons

365 days a year operation

The Corporate Structure You Need!

Great company to grow with. Starwood hones in on each individual's strengths and encourages them to grow. Starwood offers the means for success and does so in a very fun and structured environment.

Jobs at Marriott International, Inc.

Revenue Manager positions
See more jobs

Great place to work with excellent opportunities for advancement. The environment facilitates interaction with persons from all walk of life. Develops the whole person.

Pros

free meals and health insurance

Cons

24 hour operations, mostly shift jobs

Revenue Knowledge and Learning

The time I Joined this role, it was a completely different ballgame as we were setting up the new Revenue System which Starwood had introduced in the APAC region - TLPE/ROSH. So immediately had my hands on the system within the first 2 working days of switching from Sales. We were also facing a tough challenge in terms of manning and had 02 associates (besides me) handling the Reservations for 02 Hotels - a 313 Keys business Hotel and a 97 room resort property. So was doing Revenue and reservations for both the hotels as the DOR had taken a lateral move to S&M. Fantastic experience, learnt so much about the strengths of Starwood while also understanding and creating the budgets for the 02 hotels. Opened avenues for me in gaining a lot of knowledge.

Pros

Knowledge

Cons

Long working hours, but primarily due to staffing at that time.

Nice entry level position

Nice place to work if you are just starting out in your career. You would enjoy the culture and its a good place to learn the industry.

Marriott Suites

Average job, not challenging. Co-workers are nice however will minimum hotel experience. Does become difficult to try new processes when everyone knows just what they have done in the past at the property.

Good environment

As much as the hospitality industry is a very demanding business, I was able to maintain the work life balance. Great relationship with the Asset Management company, during the past two years I have learned much about Asset management, Capex investments and a deep understanding of cost control across all areas of the business. Sadly, it was a stand alone hotel with no further possible progression towards my professional goals.

Graet Place to work

Great place to work, great company culture and a ton of opportunity to grow and develop as a manager. I would highly recommend to anyone looking to work in hospitality!!

Good place to work, great management company, great fellow piers. Well balanced support from Marriott franchise team and the the Management company. Possibility to maintain work-life balance.

Good company but plenty of room for improvement

Starwood is a solid hotel company to work for though really depending on the managed hotel you work at. Corporate direction is generally disjointed and they have a tendency to rush to market with products before ensuring they are a seamless for either the guest experience or for the "field".

Work Environment

No good work life balance The employees are afraid to voice their option for the fear of termination. The managers are not very understanding. They have not fully grasp the concept of the Starwood brand. They don't promote from within. They tend to hire all the managers from the mainland The work environment is not a happy one

Revenue driven work place with hard deadlines

A typical day starts with me preparing daily reports for the managers. This usually takes about an hour and 15 minutes to complete. After I have ran all necessary reports, I am following up on emails from the previous day and going into the systems to ensure everything is running correctly. I have learned to appreciate the variety of management styles with which I have come in contact. The most complicated part of my job is trying to re-trigger rate plans after they are no longer selling. The issue could be in one place or in multiple places, you never know until you check, check, and double check. I always look forward to our quarterly meetings because they are are always off-site.

Pros

certain discounts

Cons

short breaks

It was a good place to work

I enjoyed my working experience at the Marriott. It was always busy and a very pleasant place to work. I loved the people that I worked with.

10.3K
6.3K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Revenue Manager