Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Room Attendant

Found 272 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,123 reviews

Perfect

I love my job I love the people I work with my boss my manager my supervisor are all team players including the room attendants I work with I promise I could have have asked for a better team to work with they are very understanding and that’s what makes it great

Good pay

Housekeeping isn’t pretty, but the pay is good. Some room for advancement, transferring from one location to another may also help. My location offered discount meals at their restaurant.

a good place but long hard days

had a good time working for this company, where i worked it is co-owned by Boyne as well so we have parts of both management styles which is nice sometimes!

Pros

free lunch, good coworkers

Cons

long hours, physically demanding

This company is very poorly ran.

Not a good company to work for. They don't care about employees only incoming money numbers so the management can get paid. Hope you like pizza partys instead of sufficient pay.

Hard Work, Poor Pay

Location needs employees very badly. High turnover. I'm assuming for such hard physically intensive labor with min wage isn't for everyone. Training is next to nothing, and then thrown into work alone, and then criticized for not being fast enough. Marriott should really raise hourly pay for their entry level positions. Would increase the pool of employees applying, increase morale, and create a manageable financial work/life balance. There wasn't even extra pay per hour for working on holidays. I conclude that Marriott takes care of upper management, but not the worker bees that got them there. More training is needed for lower level managers and initial onboarding of new hires. Though I do want to say, that everyone that works there is very nice and pleasant. Increase hourly pay and training, and you will have less turnover.

Pros

I guess the Marriot employee discount?

Cons

Rush rush rush, no clear break schedule, no clear training. Poor pay

good place to work at, nice people, good pay

busy, especially during summer. Good money, managers were cool, the benefits were nice. Good location to work for. minimum wage is good for being a busser. Plenty of hours in summer.

Don’t expect to be able to do your job

Materials are often missing, in extremely short supply, or unusable. Management is incompetent and often fails to properly coordinate. Cannot comprehend the idea that they’d so much as answer a two-choice question incorrectly by accident.

Pros

Employee discount on packaged food in the lobby

Cons

Literally everyone you’ll ever meet and all materials you’ll have to use

Unorganized and ill-prepared

Working at the marriot comes with complications, work overload and lack of management. After being furloughed due to COVID, they made many changes to staff and management which has caused a dissatisfactory shift in service and quality of work. I would recommend looking someplace else for work in Tampa.

Pros

Cons

Short breaks, under staffed, long hours/low pay rate

Hard work but rewarding.

The hours are all regular, the same shift everyday. And if you finish early, you are encouraged to help others who are not done their rooms. This helps everyone to work like a team. Workplace culture was really good.

Pros

Schedule is pretty regular, tips sometimes

A Company that Cares

Opportunity for growth. Appreciation days. Good benefits & perks. Friendly people. I was a Room Attendant, a Public Area Cleaner, a Team Leader, & a Laundry Attendant. Each role was hard work but very rewarding.

Pros

Free lunch, holiday parties, bonus opportunities, tips

Cons

Physically & mentally challenging at times

Jobs at Marriott International, Inc.

Room Attendant positions
See more jobs

Fun place to work

I loved the job, being able to work on my own. made some friends. it was an exciting happening place to work! Wvu town . management was good and always fair, on point. Fun activities for the employees as appreciation. Upbeat. I wish I could have stayed!

Pros

Discounted lunches exciting atmosphere

Housekeeper

I was extremely great at my job. I perform deep cleaning and have great guest service skills committed to my job and determined to finish it in a timely fashion I was able to train as well as being a housekeeping supervisor I just choose not to because of the the hours doesn't coincide with my children's time.

I can do better than

They take advantage of you . Make you work like crazy when they're busy but once they don't need you they just dropped you like a bag of dirty laundry. Management office really need workers who knows what they're doing. Waist of time working there.

Good

For me, i was comfortable and i enjoying my job. Some of my co wrker are good and some are sensitive but its ok. For food not bad. It qas perfect for me.

Marriott has high standards for who they hire, which leads to a strong team.

Marriott recognizes the importance of employee happiness. Their belief is "Happy employees leads to happy customers." The management team is very supportive as well.

Clickish

If u fit in to their niche you'll do fine. Clean place to work. Fairly close to home. The traffic was heavy but with the current virus, its much lighter

Pros

New what was expected. Safe environment

Cons

Favortism. unpredictable hours

fun workplace

we work as a team, respect each other and we are like big family i learn a lot especially team work, communication and how to handle guest needs and complains..

Joe

The employees will stab you in the back and the management cares about nothing but their end of the year bonuses. Was promised a raise in 60 days after 90 told I was eligible for 1 for a year atleast. And I was hired in less than a 1 an hr what they start you out.

Great company

The Marriott was an experience! I enjoyed working there. All the staff was great. Could have got paid more. Loved the environment and the assistant managers

Don’t Apply

They tell you one thing then when your hired all other things come into affect and the things you were told goes out the door. They go off seniority and if your not one of the old workers you don’t get took serious or they don’t care to help the have their pickd and it’s sad horrible place to work

Pros

Free Meal, Ways to make extra money

Cons

Management, problems with pay and favoritism throughout the job

That you must pay close attention

I love being a room attendant It's not much you have to do to complete your tasks on a daily basis.i love to help people and give advice. Takecare of supplies and co-worker s I love to smile and say good morning too customers

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Room Attendant