Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Room Manager

Found 26 reviews matching the searchSee all 22,137 reviews

Many Training and Advancement opportunities to learn and grow within the Company

My position was focused on helping properties who had an open position within the Front Office or Housekeeping departments. I was there to help keep the day to day operations running, ensuring we had enough people scheduled, outline and communicating the day's strategy to our front office, housekeeping and executive team members. I was able to learn a lot of best practices and experience different markets within the industry, and ultimately sharing these experiences to other properties within the Americas. My average stay at a property was just over 2 months. The hardest part of my job was only being able to go home once a month to see my family and friends. I was able to see a lot of the country and have a lot more interesting experiences than just the normal tourist. I loved being able to connect and network with others.

Pros

travel, networking, minimal personal expenses.

Cons

very limited personal time at home.

Good company but not great work life balance

There are pros and cons. Its great to enjoy the hotel discount and the benefits are good. Compensation can be a little low and work life balance isn't great

Amazing workplace before COVID

Loved working in Marriott hotels prior to COVID. Had so much fun every day at my job. Even tho work life balance was hard in a management position. Sadly with Covid Marriott let go many of their loyal employees after holding on to them for almost a year and pushing back their work dates. They also have hired other people in lower paid positions to cover. Not the best company etiquette there.

Pros

Inclusive work place

Love it

Best company to work for, they care about you and growing you in every department. They care about the company culture and they care about everyone in the company

Benefits

Cons

No personal time

Great Work Culture

There is a clear sense from top to bottom of what is important in the company - taking care of employees and guests. Great culture and always someone looking out for you and available to help you grow. Loved working here.

Pros

Environment

Marriott's philosophy is that if the company takes care of its employees, they will take care of the guests. There are lots of opportunities for advancement if you apply yourself and let your manager(s) know what your goals are. Lots of employee celebrations and nice things to recognize each one of us as a person. The only thing negative I really have to say is that the pay is not the best, and the raise structure leaves a bit to be desired. I always felt respected and valued. I am not a fan of working in a hotel, but I still loved working for Marriott!

Pros

Culture, training, opportunities for advancement

Cons

Pay, working hours

Good company

Good company, worked for them for a while. Great people to work with and flexible schedules. Management is very accommodating to your needs. There is always opportunities to grow

Good Job

Good job with great growth potential and good benefits, worked long hours as a manager. i love the job and it is ideal for me being as i am an extrovert and gain energy from being around the public.

Too young

I started off in management straight out of college. It was hard adjusting and being a manager to older people. No real order was kept in the hotel which made it difficult to enforce rules and new policies

excellent

Marriott international is just a place where you want to be. It is not only because they have a really strong structure, but also the opportunities with in the company are really good.

Jobs at Marriott International, Inc.

Room Manager positions
See more jobs

its a nice place to work,good management,very friendly staff

working at le royal meridien abu dhabi was the best for me.ive learned a lot how to improve my career experience in hospitality and hotel food business.

Pros

free meals on duty, tea break at 4:00 pm

Cons

9 hours working, weekly day off

Competitive, productive, educational work place

The Westin is a very competitive place to work. The Westin is a flagship property for man aspects of the hospitality industry, The Sales team, Front Office, Housekeeping team, Convention Services team and General Manager are all award recipients of some award over the past 5 years and there are more to come.

Pros

competitive salary, employee loyalty, working for one of the top hotels

Cons

Lots of favoritisim, older building

great place to work

Enjoyed my job, got a promotion in 3 months as supervisor, in room service department. I learned alot working there, but my one concern was that when you become part of management, not just a employee. Marriott becomes a advisor on your personal life. which includes who you can associate with, monitoring your every move, even during your off hours. which became a problem, I had no idea of this, which was difficult for me. As it turned out I moved to southern california, GREAT EXPERIENCE for the time I had with that company.

Pros

free meals

Cons

controlling

Midtown Suites Marriott

My 14 year career was great until I was promoted to the Midtown Suites. The upper management team shows favoritism, and doesnt understand what the word training means. They were unprepared, for my arrival. They couldn't get me the things I needed to do my job effectively. The GM doesn't understand what it takes to run an hotel, AGM doesn't understand the job of the operations.

Benefits

Cons

Management for this property

What an horrible experience!!

The hotel is an older property, however it is a charming small place with large rooms and a great staff! However the GM and AGM are horrible, not having the experience themselves to train/guide or prepare other future leaders. Playing favorites with associates, not investing in managers. Unfair treatment with associates. I believe that this would be a great place to work and strive if it were managed properly.

Pros

Great hotel in a wonderful location

Cons

GM and AGM either inexperienced or non caring

Fast Paced Environment

This is a fast paced environment that requires tact in dealing with numerous internal and external guests. You must learn to manage your admin tasks with the day to day operations. However, the personal connections you make with those you work with and guests that are staying at the hotel make it a memorable and enjoyable environment!

Excellent relationship between management and hourly associates

Healthy work environment. Management responds to issues that hourly associates have in a timely manner. my co workers all have positive attitudes that are necessary to a positive work environment. hardest part about management in my property is dealing with the union aspect of things.

Pros

employee benefits

Cons

understaffing

Perfect place to work if seeking long term employment as well as loads of learning experiences . Also lots of room for advancement within the company.

Good company to work for

Excellent fortune 500 company to work for with active customer service environment. Learned to be very adaptable and make quick decisions

Productive and busy work environment

Great place to work but no work life balance at all. There is great career advancement if you're willing to relocate. You work with a lot of talented people in customer service.

Its is an wonderful place to work here and the team and the management is very helpful.

a typical day at work: Some time it is very busy and difficult to give tables to a waiting guest. what you learned: every day I am learning new things. management: its is very great its gives us a space to work. your co-workers: the team is very good and about 40% of the staff has worked on average 25 years in this place. the hardest part of the job: Going home and coming back to work. the most enjoyable part of the job: Its fun to work there.

Pros

Free meals, discounts and many more

Cons

as such none

10.3K
6.4K
3.3K
1.1K

• Marriott International, Inc.
  • Room Manager
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?