Marriott International, Inc. logo
Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews for Runner

Found 18 reviews matching the searchSee all 21,984 reviews

Heavy workloads, minimal support, good benefits and discounts

Marriott was a great place to work when I first started the manage the deteriorated over the years which cause the job to eventually become too much to handle, not enough recognition, and a lot to complete for the pay

Pros

Great view, great opportunity to strengthen customer service skills, somewhat competitive pay due to union

Cons

Heavy workloads, little accountability for other departments, low recognition

Good

You need to move around alottt so don’t be lazy and it’s a great work out and everyone there is friendly and u meet travelers every day and they are really nice

productive

love my co worker the most, the benefits here are great at best, and their always room to move up within this company.The employee rate for rooms is great as well.

Great place to work.

The staff works as a family, management is supportive and has a clear goal to what needs to be achieved. Overal if you're looking for a job in hospitality, it's a place to go, being the largest hotel company in the world.

Good working environment

At work is always a learning experience about life and how I can expand my knowledge in this industry and raising to more opportunities to grow. I like a work ethic as a team specially in this industry.

Good job

Great discount. requesting time off is a tedious process. Long shifts and decent pay. Promote within. A tight community of coworkers. Would recommend.

Horrible managment

After one year of working here, they began to implement new changes and old requirements for employees. Management is hard to work with, never considers others.

Pros

Discounts on hotel rooms

Cons

Everything else

Fun and Productive

A typical work day at work was consist of a morning breakfast, work with a team that felt like family, provided with lunch and finish the day with work.i learn to work with others. Management excellent. Workplace culture was peaceful. Hardest part was departing. Enjoyable part was the supporting cast.

Pros

free lunches

Procudtive and Serious

During my years in work, i was able to gain experience in hospitality industry and cooperate with management in a friendly manner. Plus i was able to make friends with my co-workers.

Pros

free lunch

I worked as a general runner

I worked as a general runner last uear and it was very exploting. Sometimes you can be the only one delivering amenities to 700+ rooms and its extremely busy. Front desk agents lay back and dont like to help even when they not busy. This job has so many duties!! From delivering food to guests to delivering refrigeratos, roll away beds and you have to make the bed as well and delivering laundry and many many more duties! Even stocking the refrigerators for the kitchen. The pay is not worth all the lifting and running up and down all day!! I had to leave it was too much for the pay . marriott is a good place to work if you are not doing this job or housekeeping. Good benefits and cheap lunch.

Pros

Cheap lunch

Cons

Short break. Low pay

Terrible management

Work culture is unprofessional, management is not experienced, CEO dose not show appreciation. Make promises they can`t keep and job ethic needs help.

Great employer!

The benefits at the Westin Bonaventure are great. The staff and management are caring and helpful. For those looking to get into the Hospitality field, the is a great place to start.

Work

Pretty much doing whatever they wanted me to do. If they needed beds done I did that or taking trash out or just whatever needed to be done.

Great welcome to Marriott

A typical day at work represented a challenge because of the french culture. Anyways I learned to be better in my job and also learned to love what I did. I still have good friends I found in this job.

bad

The Detroit Marriott has a bad work environment. The employment turn over is high. From management to the workers they all was rude. And they have a racist job culture at the Downtown Detroit Marriott.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

everything

Fun Enviroment

Fun Enviroment. Fast paced, but rewarding. Can be a bit challenging schedule wise if you have a family or need flexibility and a more predictable schedule.

I loved this job!

This job was not only a paycheck for me. It transformed me into a customer service expert. I learned how to be professional yet outgoing and confident. My manager knew how to make a team come together by playing everyones' strengths together. He made us feel like a family and take pride in our hard work by recognizing us individually and as a whole. I loved everyone. I have never experienced the expertise in management and also the passion of employees to make our hotel great. My job posed many challenges. I had to perform many tasks and jobs all in one day and was left to make logistical decisions when management was busy. I loved the guests and how many people I was able to meet. I also enjoyed seeing the instant reward of my job through the guests. I personally made their stay better and it was very satisfying.

Pros

good pay, fun, challenging, rewarding

Cons

exhausting, strict

Well its a travel plaza tons of people in and out your never not busy

As result of working here off and on i found managment is a bit stingy when you ask for a raise..I was promised a raise if i continued to keep working hard and show my aptitude. On several occurances i shown i was indeed a good hard worker who went over my limits of duitys..Yet i did not get the pay raise offered 3x

Pros

a job is a job

Cons

some brown noseing, mostly high school kids working